Europeans

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I know this might sound a bit strange to some, but I like learning about different ethnic backgrounds. From what I can see, you can tell what part of Europe people come from by their physical makeup. I have narrowed it down to three:

Northern/Western European:

People are usually of medium to tall in height. Most are fair skinned, with round light-medium colored eyes and have light or medium hair color. Noses are usally small and refined.

Countries include, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, most of Switzerland, very northern parts of Italy and most of France.

Southern European:

People usually are of short to medium height with medium or dark eyes. Most have slight olive skin with thick dark hair. Alot have prominent or long noses.

Countries Include: Southern France, Italy, parts of Swtizerland, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Serbians, Macedonians, Montenegrins, Armenians and some Croatians.

Southern European Northern/Western European

Eastern European or Slavs: Mostly the same characteristics of Northern/Western Europe, but with a couple of striking differences. Most Slavs tend to have higher cheek bones and eyes are more of an almond shape. They look white, but almost seem to have a pinch of Asian in them (especially Russians)

I know the Mongols were in Russia, so this maybe.

Countries: Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine, Russia, Slovenia, Belarussian, Croatian..etc.

Well, I can usually tell the difference. Not sure where Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians, Finns and Hungarians fit in. I know Finns and Hungarians are in the same group as they are both Magyar. The Baltic countries are not Slavs, not sure where they fit in.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hungarian, Estonian, and Fins came from Siberia and are somewhat related to the Turkic peoples. People in Turkey are primarily Turkic but are different from the Turkic peoples in central asia. For example they don't have the slanted eyes, and have caucasian(white) features like my professor is from Turkey but she has blonde hair and doens't even look Turkish. Turkish peoples even have a lot of genetic influence from european peoples such as the celts

Hmm about Russians... no I don't think they look asian even slightly. There are many blonde haired blue eyed Russians, and like my girlfriend doesn't even look asian at all...

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrMetallica

Hmm about Russians... no I don't think they look asian even slightly. There are many blonde haired blue eyed Russians, and like my girlfriend doesn't even look asian at all...
It depends which part of the country they're from. Some look Asian, some completely white-europeanish, some like straight up Arabs. You'll find all kinds of different looks along the borders with former Soviet republics.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya of course if we go to Uzbekistan we'll find Uzbeks (asian-turkic looking people) but I was talking about ethnic Russians

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
IMO, Eastern Euro women are the most beautiful in the world.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nailed me with english..

medium-tall (6.0'), fair skin, pale (freckle/burn easy), small nose (big nostrills cause my fingers are up there so much), round eyes.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deeeegenerate, I say, degenerate!

Sorry, been listening to GTA radio too much. That Pastor Richards sure is weird.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nowadays there are no pure races in europe anymore. i live in italy, where you say people are usually short. well, i'm often times referred to as short, and i'm 5'9. i guess that average height for a 18 year-old-guy is around 6'0, which is not short at all, neither for american standards.

plus, despite being a sardinian of dozens of generations (sardinia is an island in south mediterranean sea, where people are supposed to have olive skin, dark eyes and dark hair), i always get mistaken for a french or an american guy, so i guess that it's almost impossible to distinguish european people's nationalities by their apperance.

anyway, it's a really interesting topic, do you know any site i can find useful infos into?!

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Europeans

Originally posted by SuperGigaloDJ
That's me :p

Nice observation.
Me too :) . Parents came to the US from Hungary in 1956.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
nowadays there are no pure races in europe anymore
U think there have ever been "pure" races before in europe?

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
South American women seem to have the best ratio of good looking to unattractive women, but I think Eastern European women take the cake, while women from the British Isles are at the bottom (sorry, to all the British members, just my opinion.