Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Entering the health care profession? $

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I want your take on something. I'm 17, and I just graduated high school. I'm now in the process of career building. Right now, I'm on track to become an RN in the state of NY. I'm starting a 4 year BSN program in the fall. The cool thing is, I'm taking a summer CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) course right now. I'm working my way up. I'll have to start from the bottom. Not only will this be great for my resume (prior experience goes a long way in nursing), but also I'll never have to work another minimum wage job (God-Willing)
Now, the financial aspect! :D
I'll only be working part-time as a CNA to put some money in my pocket during college. From what I've heard at school, CNA's can be paid $18/hr. This report has more figures.
http://www1.salary.com/NY/New-York/Certified-Nursing-Assistant-Salary.html
Now, in 4 years, I'll be an RN (God-Willing) From what I've read, RN's make $30/hr or roughly $80,000 a year at an entry-level position. Here is one report (I thought it would be different).
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Registered_Nurse_(RN)/Salary/474556de/New-York-NY

I'm commuting to college. :up:
I'm attending a SUNY school so tuition is much cheaper. Tuition is $7,000 a year, add other expenses, it costs about $10,000 a year. My BSN degree is going to cost about $40,000 (probably more in the long run) if I don't dorm. I may want to dorm one year to have that experience (Not this year though). The problem is, dorms will make the total cost for the year 3x more expensive. This is why I'm commuting. It's a bargain.

Alright guys, with all that information in mind, here comes my question. What is my wisest path for success? How should I manage my money when I start working? Should I dorm for at least a year? I will be able to pay off the costs of college in no time so I'm not too worried about debt (it's inevitable).

Do you guys have any insight regarding my situation? :confused:

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont dorm.... unless you want to pay to share a a room the size of a closet.... i commuted to school when i was in college and it was the wisest option... the college dorm experience is just hollywood made up bullsh1t.... everyone that dormed ended up regretting the wasted money..

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not aim for a Doctor or a PA?

I work in Healthcare and the nurses work way harder for less money then the above.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just the first step. It will only take 4 years. I'm thinking of becoming a nurse anesthesiologist. I just don't want to set the bar too high.

Reaction score
yes, RN is a pretty highly set bar in the first place, and no, $30 an hour is NOT 80k per year. Nurses rarely get to work any overtime. A standard work year is 2000 hours. 2000x $30 an hour is 60k not 80k. Anethecist requires a master's degree and the training costs twice as much per hour as undergrad. you're going to run out of regular college loans 1 year into the grad program, with at least a year to go. So know that in advance and plan for it. Can you marry money, as in a 3rd world nurse? She can and will pay you about 35k per year, for 3 years. It will cost you 5-10k to find her and get her back here, tho. an anethecist is a nurse, an anethesiologist is an MD, MUCH more training and cost than an anethecist, but the latter start at 120k per year and go up to 180k per year, in a very few years. live cheap and invest smart, and that sort of income =retirement in a very few years.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will most likely go for my Master's degree. Since official classes haven't even started yet, I don't know what to expect for college. It will be a lot of work I don't want to do. Going for my MSN would be even more work but hey, I'm young. Might as well. I see myself being single for a while but I think when I do settle down, it may be with a woman from the same field as me. I don't want to support a lazy woman. When the time comes, I want a wife who is nearly my equal, if you know what I mean.