Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

e-mail VS. phone

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I read David DeAngelo's "Double Your Dating" book, and decided to try out the e-mail + phone number close. If you haven't read the book, it goes like this:

<guy>Hey, do you have e-mail?
<girl>Yeah
*guy hands her a pen*
<guy to girl, as she is writing e-mail>Go ahead and write your home number also.

So I went out and tried it on a 7 and an 8 with much success. But what now? I really dont want to waste time with e-mail, and I'm not going to ask for a date over e-mail.

Is it better to e-mail some BS first, or should I just go for the kill over the phone (ask for a date) and forget the whole e-mail bull$hit?

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey good going. I have never had a man try that on my but I can see how it would work. No solid input but good luck... I would love a man to do that! I maybe say call though first and wait a week. Email is chumpy. Be a man and call. JMO.. humble albeit it..

Or if you are in highschool text messenger. Just kidding! I still don't have that down.

junglist

Don Juan
Reaction score
The move is pretty cool, but **** the email. You will end up writing a bunch of stupid **** and looking like a wanker regardless of what you write. Just call her.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Save e-mail for people you know. Too hard to build rapport.

Call her.

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If getting her email provides a good transition into getting her phone #, go for it.

But DON'T email her. There are several reasons:

1) Most people write sh!t emails.

2) She'll think email is a valid communication channel. IT IS NOT. You do NOT want her cancelling dates via email (I've had this happen to me). All communication should be done over the phone or face-to-face. It is too easy for her to flake out when all she has to do is send an email.

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say e mail and text messaging is only alright if you have already known the girl for a while. Otherwise you need to make phone calls and meet in person! I have heard a woman say she thought e mailing or text messaging from men was weak. And that if a guy is going to take the time to type a message, he should just call!

So there you have it, calling shows you have balls, e mailing is sort of like half assing it lol. That is unless you already have a good rapport with them, and even then I would still set up all dates via phone or in person!

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Is there anyone out there who has actually used this close before?

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine's girlfriend broke up with him using one of those instant messengers/email thingies, that's one reason why I don't use email :D

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Right on. E-mail is out of the question I suppose.

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't even waste your time getting the email that can come after the first date just go for the number from now on.

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, brother Ofus.

E-Mail makes you seem desperate just in general.

You can't really be too funny... or at least can't be too ****y+funny, because you need the tone of your voice/look on your face to pull it off.

Call the girls, and pretend you didn't even have their e-mails to begin with. It was used to number close, and that's all you need.

May the shcwartz be witcha.

The_King

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah....

I would definetly not use e-mail....its just does not allow any rapport buildiing, how can you be really spontaneous and unpredictable in an email...do you really want to think, has she got it?...has she replied? Phone her, Just Do It, you will get an answer straight away, and you will show confidence. Leave email till when you know her more, then just send emails teasing her...use it that way but not to make plans and ask questions!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Email is bad, the Phone has several more advantages as well as the fact taht its hard to warm up to text.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Email can be a great tool if you use it properly. Don't use it to create rapport, I agree that is lame, but use it to build on the rapport you have already established in person (preferably) and on the phone. If you have a way with words you can use it to add fuel to the fire deep inside her, uhm, heart :)

There's other more creative uses for email. For example I'm a cat lover and a digital camera buff. So naturally I would send women cute kitten pictures. Of course they had to come over to my place to see the kittens in person ;)

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Email is great once you've built some sort of rapport.

Women are usually MUCH more comfortable with email than actual personal interaction (phone, in person) - and that translates to them being more open in their emails.

Once you get a few emails going - then they have become comfortable with you - and they'll be a LOT more open with you in person next time you meet. This works great on the shy girls.

DJ Fedorov

Don Juan
Reaction score
You aren't going to make a girls panties wet by having her read a buncha words on screen.... well maybe....... nah..... nevermind

Escude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi i'd respectfully disagree a little..

while I would prefer to get a phone number, if you get an e-mail it isn't always that bad...

i recently tried David's thing, and got the e-mail to a girl I had some interest in from work before I left. 5 days later I sent her a 2-3 line e-mail saying basically let's meet up (along with an inside joke we had running between us the last month)... very next day she responded with a specific day, and i got her number called and got date next day.

I followed the Double Your Dating thing to a T. Now, judging her interest level, if I had the phone number I would have gotten the date for sure but I was curious to see if his experiment would work.

If you write long flowery e-mails I think it doesn't. But if you make it short, to the point, and a little funny you'll probably get a reply soon, if there is some interest.

Again, I think this is a bad strategy say if you are at a bar because I still think it sounds a little weird but try it every now and then i think you will find it does work.

if you read his book anyways, the point isn't getting her horny over your e-mail or phone call its basically getting a means to get her to go out, then start building rapport, future dates, etc.

The moral of the story is, there is no one right way to do things, you have to be the judge and get a feel for what you should do in each situation.