Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dopamine

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4th and *final* Week follow up:

Chances are, we've all been driving to a particular place - only to discover that we"weren't thinking" and passed our destination. Or... we reach our destination and have no recollection of how we got there. Speaking for myself, it's not as if I was under any sort of influence. It was a matter of day dreaming, yet still capable of driving an automobile. This type of occurrence is quite common and something that we've all likely experienced. I bring this up for a reason.

It wasn't until this dopamine experiment, that I realized how often we operate on 'auto-pilot.' With the absence of social media (including this site - with the exception a weekly check in report) I found myself more outwardly social. I consider myself having an outgoing nature as it is, but found myself even more socially engaging with strangers (while waiting in a check out line).

There were no new lays this month, but the make-out session with a new gal and the return to some recycled ex's did seem a little more intense. With the new make-out gal, I had a few drinks in me... but I could still notice an additional 'layer' of newness and excitement.

These differences were subtle, but were there. Earlier I mentioned getting a bit rattled over a relative (I'm normally more self-contained) . A couple of days ago, I ran into an enemy. I was defiantly more antagonistic than with previous encounters.

I expected to get more tasks around the house completed. Instead, I did some additional writing and also read a little more. Getting close to the end of the year will be motivation to work on these projects. Also, I was expecting to receive more unexpected wood. I do fine when the opportunity is there, but have noticed that 'unexpected attention' just didn't occur as I thought it might. This could also be due to age and the fact that having a long life of bachelorhood has probably left me jaded a bit.

When I first started this transformation, I was amazed at how often I would habitually do certain things (consume 'pick me up' food/drinks, log on social media, stare at my phone while waiting in line, rub one out because I was not tired and had time to kill. etc....

I can't say that I experienced everything that I was thinking would occur. However, I did learn something. I was never this aware that we are (or most of us are) unknowing dopamine junkies (self included). That in itself was worth it. As I previously mentioned, I did cheat a little (I never fully gave up colas or smoking).

If any of you try this, your mileage may vary. A lot has to do with our individual hard-wiring. I missed the boost from listening to certain songs (which can get us mentally pumped up) and certain foods and the occasional energy drink - more than visiting political pages or keeping up with social media.

I'm glad that I did this.

TheProspect

Reaction score
4th and *final* Week follow up:

Chances are, we've all been driving to a particular place - only to discover that we"weren't thinking" and passed our destination. Or... we reach our destination and have no recollection of how we got there. Speaking for myself, it's not as if I was under any sort of influence. It was a matter of day dreaming, yet still capable of driving an automobile. This type of occurrence is quite common and something that we've all likely experienced. I bring this up for a reason.

It wasn't until this dopamine experiment, that I realized how often we operate on 'auto-pilot.' With the absence of social media (including this site - with the exception a weekly check in report) I found myself more outwardly social. I consider myself having an outgoing nature as it is, but found myself even more socially engaging with strangers (while waiting in a check out line).

There were no new lays this month, but the make-out session with a new gal and the return to some recycled ex's did seem a little more intense. With the new make-out gal, I had a few drinks in me... but I could still notice an additional 'layer' of newness and excitement.

These differences were subtle, but were there. Earlier I mentioned getting a bit rattled over a relative (I'm normally more self-contained) . A couple of days ago, I ran into an enemy. I was defiantly more antagonistic than with previous encounters.

I expected to get more tasks around the house completed. Instead, I did some additional writing and also read a little more. Getting close to the end of the year will be motivation to work on these projects. Also, I was expecting to receive more unexpected wood. I do fine when the opportunity is there, but have noticed that 'unexpected attention' just didn't occur as I thought it might. This could also be due to age and the fact that having a long life of bachelorhood has probably left me jaded a bit.

When I first started this transformation, I was amazed at how often I would habitually do certain things (consume 'pick me up' food/drinks, log on social media, stare at my phone while waiting in line, rub one out because I was not tired and had time to kill. etc....

I can't say that I experienced everything that I was thinking would occur. However, I did learn something. I was never this aware that we are (or most of us are) unknowing dopamine junkies (self included). That in itself was worth it. As I previously mentioned, I did cheat a little (I never fully gave up colas or smoking).

If any of you try this, your mileage may vary. A lot has to do with our individual hard-wiring. I missed the boost from listening to certain songs (which can get us mentally pumped up) and certain foods and the occasional energy drink - more than visiting political pages or keeping up with social media.

I'm glad that I did this.
Good insight, thanks for sharing.

I, myself relate to what you said about learning that we're all dopamine junkies. Through my own personal experiences with both meditation and "dopamine detoxing", I've realized how much of my daily behaviour is subconscious and automatic.

You really do notice in hindsight how little freedom you operate with when you realize that much of what you do throughout the day is dictated by unexamined thought and subconscious dopamine-driven compulsions. Freedom is possible, however, by bringing awareness to these compulsions and thought patterns. And even if it's not total freedom, awareness at least provides you with some room to mitigate the potential negative impact these unconscious patterns of behaviour can cause.