Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

does riding a bike condition you for running

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
will riding a bike( a normal bike not an exercise bike) condition you for running. like helping you run farther and faster. and if it does how much should i ride instead of run. ie run one mile ride x miles

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No!!!!!!!! It will get your cardio vascular system in condition, however you will not be a better runner. You are working different muscles, to get better at running....the only thing that will get you faster, and give you more endurance is running and lifting weights.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn......
that sucks but ill be running in about two weeks. so ill gbe good to go
what should i do for running in the weight area

Reaction score
It doesn't help....I thought the same thing about a year ago and found out the hard way! My cardio was good, but when I came back to football to start out two-a-days I wasn't any faster!

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If your talking about spring squats, lunges, dead lifting, bounding, plyometrics at low reps is how you get faster! Spring in a combination of reaction time to the gun, power from the block or starting area, then around 40 yards your spring, after 40 its more of hold the sprinting speed! With endurance running, squating, lunges, bounding and plyometrics doing high reps is the way to go!

willo

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want a cheap way of getting more speed.
Two words:
hill sprints
They suck i know, but it's a good way to get explosive power off the blocks.
If you want a running program there are some good AIS sites i know. But if in doubt talk to ur coach, ok bloke?

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im looking for ways to get faster speed for two and five miles. not sprints. its probably ust an endurance issue. im gonna do about 8 miles a day this summer. which leads me to a question. is cardio the same as weights where you need to rest and do it every other day or so. or can you do it every day

willo

Don Juan
Reaction score
How serious are you for those distances?

Is there a meet up ahead which you are planning for?

Go get some info!
i personally don't know because i'm a 800m runner. There are plenty of places where you can get reasonable info, but to get the great stuff you have to fork out some money.
In short, yes you do need to rest in cardio work or else you risk overtraining (the overwhelming tired feeling) and injury.
A friend of mine used to say if you don't train for 3 or 4 days you start to lose fitness. he was a state rep for race walking so he may have known what he was talking about.
Usually you train hard and ease off closer to the event like starting running 10miles and as you get closer to the meet reducing distance to closer to race length but running quicker.
Cheers

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard sprints will increase your over all long distance speed...

willo

Don Juan
Reaction score
have you ever tried it ?
Well, you know nothing!
Mind you it's doesn't have a reputation as a glamour event.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im not saying its a bad thing, it just kinda sounds strange. its sounds like a race for fat people or something