"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Does hairstyle really matter?

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
I've got like an early 90's punk hairstyle going. Sorta long (2 and a half inches all around, with today's standard that's long), puffy, and combed up. Hard to explain, almost like an spikey/wavy fro or something. the entire top of my head is dry spiked up and the sides are combed down.

I walk around college and see all these guys with their clean cut haircuts and they all look the same to me. I used to be that way a couple of years ago. Used to waste my time with gel and all that stuff. Now it's like, i just comb/puff it up with my hands and leave for the day. One of those hairstyles where you can't really mess it up...because it's already a "controlled" type of mess.


Now my question is. Does hairstyle matter to chicks? I have a feeling that the majority of chicks prefer guys with clean cut hairstyles/haircuts.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
I knew it... oh well

I really can't stand getting my haircut ever since my barber retired. They usually turn out awful due to a misunderstanding with the barber (those damn italian barbers).
 

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by sharpshooter
I knew it... oh well

I really can't stand getting my haircut ever since my barber retired. They usually turn out awful due to a misunderstanding with the barber (those damn italian barbers).
Hey, lay off the Italians!

Anyway, hairstyle doesn't really matter as much as people think. Just as long as it suits your style and it isn't a bad haircut (see: most of Vanilla Ice's style) then you should be fine.
 

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Originally posted by ohdiesel
Sharpshooter,

Don't take my word for it. If you're out to get a specific category of female then I guess your hairstyle will work.

I think people normally dress and style their bodies to suit a specific category of people. IF your category is goth, then you dress like a goth, right?

I think it all depends on what kind of girl you want!

OD
well. i'm not specifically looking for any type of chick. It's just that the way I have my hair, it really suits my face well. I think it looks good on me, my friends tell me it looks good. However, i'm just not sure if it's holding me back from chicks/giving them the right first impression. It's not outrageous by any means, it's pretty normal, just not a regular clean cut style. I get a lot of looks while i'm walking down. But i'm not sure if they're the right type of looks or what. I don't dress like i'm living in the 90's though, I dress pretty trendy. So I think that's unique (having an old hairstyle but dressing clean cut)
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Wear a style that suits your face. One style might look good on one guy but then look terrible on another guy.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top