"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Do you think that so many men being without women is fueling the live-in-car social trend?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
I was reading this, and it got me interested:
Over the holiday I started scheming, convincing myself that my late twenties was the ideal time to live nomadically.
my opinion: It is extraordinarily hard to mack or spin plates without having a canonical housing unit. The explosion in inceldom has allowed a lot of men to consider this type of lifestyle without a social drawback.

As for myself, I can't fathom living anywhere without a decent enough sized bathroom. I certainly wouldn't want to have my toilet seat do double duty at the dining table. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (I will try to find the video I had seen in which a van-homer has done this.)
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
3,611
Location
California
I was reading this, and it got me interested:

my opinion: It is extraordinarily hard to mack or spin plates without having a canonical housing unit. The explosion in inceldom has allowed a lot of men to consider this type of lifestyle without a social drawback.

As for myself, I can't fathom living anywhere without a decent enough sized bathroom. I certainly wouldn't want to have my toilet seat do double duty at the dining table. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (I will try to find the video I had seen in which a van-homer has done this.)
Is there an ‘explosion in inceldom’? Asking seriously.
 

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
I was reading this, and it got me interested:

my opinion: It is extraordinarily hard to mack or spin plates without having a canonical housing unit. The explosion in inceldom has allowed a lot of men to consider this type of lifestyle without a social drawback.

As for myself, I can't fathom living anywhere without a decent enough sized bathroom. I certainly wouldn't want to have my toilet seat do double duty at the dining table. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (I will try to find the video I had seen in which a van-homer has done this.)
I think some guys actually enjoy the freedom of not having a serious relationship. I had a nomadic lifestyle for many years and I enjoyed not being tied to any particular place.

The people living in their cars not out of choice but out of poverty are mostly divorcees that had their property taken from them by their exes.
 

OldComeBacker

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 21, 2020
Messages
82
Reaction score
100
Age
47
I have a friend who lived in his car, not due to being "without women" but because his LTR kicked him out of "her" house and he had no other options (temporarily). He went on Facebook Dating and found a new house.
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
I was reading this, and it got me interested:

my opinion: It is extraordinarily hard to mack or spin plates without having a canonical housing unit. The explosion in inceldom has allowed a lot of men to consider this type of lifestyle without a social drawback.

As for myself, I can't fathom living anywhere without a decent enough sized bathroom. I certainly wouldn't want to have my toilet seat do double duty at the dining table. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (I will try to find the video I had seen in which a van-homer has done this.)
It's not new. The shag waggon was around in the 60s. Boomers are the worst. I saw PWF podcast with Alex formerly of rsd. Dude lives in the bus like better bachelor. The guy is not doing well and he's definitely not pulling top shelf women. Today, 6s are thinking they are 10s because of a filter. If you are a college kid, sure. If you are a adult, I would not recommend this.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
It's not new. The shag waggon was around in the 60s. Boomers are the worst. I saw PWF podcast with Alex formerly of rsd. Dude lives in the bus like better bachelor. The guy is not doing well and he's definitely not pulling top shelf women. Today, 6s are thinking they are 10s because of a filter. If you are a college kid, sure. If you are a adult, I would not recommend this.
Tom Torero lives in a van. Poor guy.
 

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
Is there an ‘explosion in inceldom’? Asking seriously.
Yes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...icans-not-having-sex-has-reached-record-high/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/12/the-sex-recession/573949/

It is much more difficult to get laid living in your car, assuming the vehicle is a typical passenger car, minivan, or pickup truck and assuming you are not a major deadbeat criminal guy.

There are some specific van guys who can get laid.

Living in one's car is caused more by other things: lack of affordable housing, structural economic issues, mental health issues, drug abuse. However, sexlessness can be considered a contributing co-morbidity in many cases. Sexlessness will worsen pre-existing mental health issues.
 

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
I dont believe its a "new trend" to live in a car but its becoming a new trend for men to live a nomaid life style.

The same momento you have no woman or relationship somewhere you have the opportunity to move effortless anytime something you don like happens in your place.

Think of all the guys who make money but have no intention to pay taxes where they live cause they dont share the law, the culture and the goals so they move somewhere where they have "less government and less society" but more freedom while keeping their own money.

A man that can say fvck it and leave is a dangerous man which is why they try to force him to settle as much as possible so he cant leave.

Also those working remotely basically have no reason to stay in a place where there are more costs than benefits.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 29, 2017
Messages
768
Reaction score
1,068
Age
45
I got stuck on the interstate for 14 hours during a blizzard.... f that.... that’s the closest I will ever come to living in a car
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,747
Reaction score
9,939
my opinion: It is extraordinarily hard to mack or spin plates without having a canonical housing unit. The explosion in inceldom has allowed a lot of men to consider this type of lifestyle without a social drawback.
One effect of the manosphere is the strong message that women are not worth getting involved with. And that you shouldn't chase them. So it only seems natural that a lot of men are simply going to abandon the Game. Especially if they don't have women actively pursuing them. So there's been encouragement for guys (and gals) to live more independently.

I've watched numerous YouTube videos of people who live in their vehicles. Maybe these people want to become YouTube stars. That seems to be one of the better jobs these days. There seems to be some sort of romantic idealism toward living this type of minimalistic lifestyle, although I'm sure man people are doing it out of necessity, especially with the Covid shutdowns.
 

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
One effect of the manosphere is the strong message that women are not worth getting involved with. And that you shouldn't chase them. So it only seems natural that a lot of men are simply going to abandon the Game. Especially if they don't have women actively pursuing them. So there's been encouragement for guys (and gals) to live more independently.
I notice the same, regarding the "worth getting involved", its seems to be that the message is "its not worth to commit to".
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,747
Reaction score
9,939
regarding the "worth getting involved", its seems to be that the message is "its not worth to commit to".
I don't think it's a very far jump from "it's not worth to commit to" to "it's not worth dealing with at all". Especially with the proliferation of porn, sex dolls, etc. Too many stories about bad behavior from women, from flaking to low interest to hypergamy to favoring Chad, etc., etc. It's not much of a stretch to imagine a guy just saying "screw this" and packing it in.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
I don't think it's a very far jump from "it's not worth to commit to" to "it's not worth dealing with at all". Especially with the proliferation of porn, sex dolls, etc. Too many stories about bad behavior from women, from flaking to low interest to hypergamy to favoring Chad, etc., etc. It's not much of a stretch to imagine a guy just saying "screw this" and packing it in.
Makes sense, kinda like moving from being slightly overweight to being fat.
 

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
I got stuck on the interstate for 14 hours during a blizzard.... f that.... that’s the closest I will ever come to living in a car
One time driving back from Copper Mountain (60 interstate miles away) to the Denver basin (I had spend a few winters there), it took 8 hours in a snowstorm. That was the last time I took a chance on anything greater than a 10% chance of precipitation. :mad:
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Yes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...icans-not-having-sex-has-reached-record-high/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/12/the-sex-recession/573949/

It is much more difficult to get laid living in your car, assuming the vehicle is a typical passenger car, minivan, or pickup truck and assuming you are not a major deadbeat criminal guy.

There are some specific van guys who can get laid.

Living in one's car is caused more by other things: lack of affordable housing, structural economic issues, mental health issues, drug abuse. However, sexlessness can be considered a contributing co-morbidity in many cases. Sexlessness will worsen pre-existing mental health issues.
Divorce and child support can put you in a temporary car living situation. Its nothing to be ashamed of.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top