Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you miss the challange/struggle in pick ups?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you are very experienced players and have progressed well in the world of the PUA. So my question is this. When you've gotten to the point where you're completely aware that you're the hot item and are met with minimal resistance in pick ups, do you wish sometimes that it were at least a little more difficult? I'm not saying you regress to getting shot down every five seconds and no one will give you the time of day at all, but like maybe at first there's some mystery element and a little fustration causing you to think a little bit faster on your feet.

I dunno maybe I'm :crazy: for thinking this way but that swagger I've developed over the years seems to make picking up girls kind of dull. I'm confidant and calm in approaching and I can visualize more or less what's going to happen step by step from pick up to close in most scenerios. Sometimes I miss not knowing what I'm getting myself into and sometimes bumbling through experiences. Again maybe I'm crazy and thinking too much but maybe i'm not and i'm not alone.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I certainly can identify essentially with what you're talking about. Of the one's i'm toyed with, the ones i want the most are usually the ones that managed to have more power than me (defined as maintained lower interest level) for a period of time. In contrast, the ones that fall for everything have you second guessing if you undershot your potential.

We like a bit of challenge just as much as they do.

Dr. Fill

Reaction score
No. When guys truly have their women and their money under control, interesting things can happen. Benjamin Franklin had both well under control by around age 40, and then went on to pursue other interests, including science and diplomacy.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Not really, I enjoy being aware of her attraction toward me too much, all the little signals with body language and slight of hand questions she asks about me, watching her turn toward her friends and whisper and eye code each other about me (in that way that only chicks can really do), always glancing back unsteadily too watch me do my thing.... Ahh fvck it watching her pupil dilation and just knowing this is an entirely sexual and emotional being who likes what she sees is enough.

I'd be missing out on too much if I was unsure about her intentions toward me. Not in a million years would I want to go back to being oblivious. This sh!t is where its really at in so far as "getting it" and understanding the chick riddle. ( as far as a guy can go in actually really understanding her, which isnt very far btw *homosexuals excluded maybe?*).

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the mind is a funny thing. women were never hard to attract or pick up in the first place. we were just over critical of ourselves. i think if you have dated alot of women. the one thing you learn is all of them are basically the same. some just b@tch less then the others. ever notice that when your dating a woman all of a sudden women don't seem so intimidating because your not desperate anymore and thats why they are attracted to you. you don't take crap from women when you are not single.

women take a backseat in your life when you are taken and that is why they become so interested in you. i know some women like the challenge of a taken man but i have noticed alot of them notice something about you even if they don't know your a taken man.

the struggle was never there. it was an illusion the whole time. waken up was the best thing that ever happened to me. there is a formula to meeting women and it is all trial and error but once you figure it out it's awesome.

i think that is why my woman has never challeged to leave me because she knows that i know that there are billions of women on this planet and they can be replaced with a superior woman.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just being difficult to please. For some reason going out and picking up girls with very few problems seems too routine and easy. For me its no different from solving a puzzle or playing a game with all the strategies already worked out and the awnsers right there in front of me. When I look at it, I'm just not very motivated to do anything. Sometimes after I've had a few drinks, I'll do it anyway because my judgment has been altered, but even while I'm in that session, It seems lack luster to me. When I get the new number, I'm like "of course it worked out this way...what else is new".

Maybe I just need to get out of the scene for a bit.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are always girls who are not interested in you. Plus I find I can never visualise how the conversation is going to go, always varies totally depending on the girl and the situation.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
There are always girls who are not interested in you. Plus I find I can never visualise how the conversation is going to go, always varies totally depending on the girl and the situation.
I'm sure there are just as I'm not interested in every girl I meet. However I've had good success, with minimal effort for quite some time now. I qualify the girl, then game her. Lather, rinse, and repeat. Ofcourse conversations vary, but if you check out my thread on "directing conversation" you understand how you (or I at least) usually push the conversation in one direction or the other to suit needs.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon and others that say you're successful,

Just roughly, out of every 10 girls that you attempt a PU on, roughly how many do you get digits from and then how many result in a date?

I'm in the phase just now, where rejection doesn't bother me anymore...I've been stood-up, stone-walled, etc, and it no longer effects my confidence much. I'm a pretty good looking guy, probably around a 7, plus or minus one depending on the girl's taste. But right now, my PUA success rate is kinda low...maybe 3 out of 10(?).

When you first really got going as a PUA, did you find your success rate improve over time, and if so, was it just fine tuniing and better qualifying that got you up there?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't keep track of stats anymore. It's to the pont where i'm satisfied saying, I'm very good at what I do and if I want something bad enough, I'll figure out a way to get it. A number, a date, a f*ck, etc etc. It's just a matter of me working out how to arrive there with the least amount of difficulty.

Really that mentality and ability comes with time and practice. Just like anything else you want to get good at, you need to take your lumps learning how to do things. If you learn from your experiences, be they good or bad, you'll be much better prepared for the next time. And for gods sake, if you try something over and over and over and it meets with bad results everytime, stop doing it. There are a few things I won't try unless it's absolutely necessary and it has to be the only way of acheiving.

Stay in the game, you'll get it sooner or later if you try hard enough.

Zwitterion

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you're saying you can pickup girls in a any setting without difficulty?

Or are there some approaches you won't do because you know they won't work?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm saying I don't have that much difficulty picking up girls in general when I put my mind to it. I'm not superplayer where I can be waiting to cross a street and can pick up two girls numbers on the same corner before the cross walk light turns without them knowing. I'm simply able to pick up girls at will when I'm out and about socilizing with friends or alone in unframiliar enviroments encountering few problems doing such.

Conversely, I'm also able to qualify or disqualify girls for gaming relatively quickly. Why put forth the effort for a girl I don't even like? Usually you can profile a girls personality in the first few minutes of talking to them if you know what you're doing. At some point it became less of a challange for me and more of a process where, If I follow some basic guidelines with a little improvisation, I'll get exactly what I'm looking for or want at the time.

Last edited: