Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Did I play this right?

MoonieTX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had plans to go to lunch with this chick today, but about 2 hours from lunch she e-mails me and says she can't make it. Apparently, she had to go to court to sort out a speeding ticket. Seems weird she only found this morning. But, she apologised and says how about lunch next week instead? Well, I write back and say, for the short notice you should make it up to me by coming to dinner on saturday evening. She replies, 'you drive a tough bargain but sounds good to me. You must be good at negotiating.' I tell her I'll call her tomorrow to sort out times etc.

I am just wondering, did I put the power back in her hands by asking her out Saturday? Also did I sound too desperate as it is Friday morning and asking her out Sat evening. Sounds like I have no friends or whatever.

any thoughts?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MoonieTX
I had plans to go to lunch with this chick today, but about 2 hours from lunch she e-mails me and says she can't make it. Apparently, she had to go to court to sort out a speeding ticket. Seems weird she only found this morning. But, she apologised and says how about lunch next week instead? Well, I write back and say, for the short notice you should make it up to me by coming to dinner on saturday evening. She replies, 'you drive a tough bargain but sounds good to me. You must be good at negotiating.' I tell her I'll call her tomorrow to sort out times etc.
Ok, first of all, that was a $hit test, if I ever heard of one. "How about lunch next week instead?" sounds to vague and non-comital.

I am just wondering, did I put the power back in her hands by asking her out Saturday? Also did I sound too desperate as it is Friday morning and asking her out Sat evening. Sounds like I have no friends or whatever.

any thoughts?
The general idea of her making it up to you was excellent. Yes, asking her out for dinner on saturday nite was too much. A better question would be "that sounds very flaky to me, and cancelling at the last minute is not acceptable, how will you make it up to me?", you can still use it, but use it when you get her on the phone.

The way you suggested it, it is coming across as inexperienced, as in you "trickin' her" into agreeging, and she said "you must be a good negotiator" which implies you conned her; Also, she is asuming you are going to take her out to dinner. How is that making it up to you? Sounds more like you are rewarding flaky behavior. If she is going over to your place to cook dinner for you, now that is another thing.

Give her some of her own medicine, if she doesn't agree to going over to your place, or if she does agree, yet doesn't sound convincing, tell her, "ok, sounds good, I'll get back to you on that", and you might want to cancell on her.

Yes, I know, sounds like game playing, but she started it, and you will be giving your power away if she is in total control and sees you as predictable.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great break down Gangster Of Love

on the speeding ticket

in my country you get a ticket

you have to apply to have a day in court to contest it

you get told the date in advance and you go to court

now to say she didn't know is a load of crap

she flaked out

post on sunday and tell us if she went to dinner with you saturday or flaked again

good luck :)

MoonieTX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,
You are right. I was trying to put over a sense of manliness, but after reading your replies it came out AFC. I should have wrote take ME out to dinner to make up for it. My **** sheild was well down on this one, she comes across as a nice, intelligent girl. But, I guess, you can never tell a book by the cover. I don't mind making mistakes, it is the only way to learn. But, I won't give her a second chance. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Or maybe I shouldn't phone her. Then I can see her next week and just say i got tied up. Damn, all I want is some *****:woo:

MoonieTX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the update. I got messed up Friday night, so I was in two minds whether to call this girl on Saturday. All I wanted to do was stay in bed. But, I rang her at like 6 in the evening which seemed a little late. Half an hour later she calls back and says are we going to dinner. So off we head, she is dressed pretty nice, seeming to want to impress. Nice dinner, actually some really good conversation, never seemd forced and it just flowed.
So, we went back to her place afterwards. Within 20 minutes we were making out. So, i don't know how flaky this girl is. Althouh she is like 23 or 24, so probably just out for some good fun. I will keep you updated.

MoonieTX

Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl has no manners, is flaky as hell or seriously ill in hospital. I called her yesterday and left a message, as I told her the night before I was cooking out with some friends and would see if she wanted to come. She seemed excited and said call her to tell her the time etc. No call yesterday or this morning. But, I noticed her car wasn't in the car park at work. So, I am thinking maybe something has happened to her. I am not going to phone her again though, I have done my part if she wants another evening of pleasure than she has gotta call me. A few years ago, i would have been on the phone 3 times yesterday, sent an e-mail today, but NO, I have changed for the better.

crowes22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl has no manners, is flaky as hell or seriously ill in hospital. I called her yesterday and left a message, as I told her the night before I was cooking out with some friends and would see if she wanted to come. She seemed excited and said call her to tell her the time etc. No call yesterday or this morning. But, I noticed her car wasn't in the car park at work. So, I am thinking maybe something has happened to her. I am not going to phone her again though, I have done my part if she wants another evening of pleasure than she has gotta call me. A few years ago, i would have been on the phone 3 times yesterday, sent an e-mail today, but NO, I have changed for the better.
Good you seem to be thinking w/ the right head. She is a flake, you are right, she's young too, girls that age are a nightmare. I'd stay very aware and don't get emotionally involved w/ her, not while she is flaking. Don't cave, you are doing the right thing.

If you called, I 'm sure you'd hit the 'loser' column in her book.

MoonieTX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Crowes, I appreciate the back up. I think the hardest thing is to know why she hasn't called. That is the problem. I have been talking to the chick for a while, so it wasn't as if it was a hook up at a party or a bar.
Maybe she just needed a release. Maybe I was just played. God, I feel so used and dirty, hahahahaha. What a great feeling.