Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Developing a sexy voice

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are a few tips on how to develop a sexy, confident voice. Props to Fingers for an excellent post which i would recommend to anyone.

1) Practice singing along to pop tunes and singing in the shower loudly. Most people make the mistake of speaking too softly and not using enough variation in pitch. Singing is great for correcting this.

2) Practice humming until you feel a vibration around your nose and mouth area. This is your optimal pitch try and keep your voice at this level. Hum a lot during the day to get used to this pitch. If you feel your voice drop or go higher, try and correct it.

3) Remember to breathe through your belly. YOu should feel your belly expand when you take an inbreath.

4) Speak slower. Most guys talk far too quickly. Speak in a languid relaxed fashion.

5) Pronounce every word. Pronouncing the constanants so they are crisp and sharp makes your voice sound better and easier to understand.

6) Practice saying every word as if you meant it. This is the essence of a confident voice. Have conviction about what you are saying.

7) Practice public speaking via toastmasters or debating. These will do wonders for your voice, as to speak in public you need to develop a confident voice.

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
is singing is that easy, why are there so many people sing so horrible :D

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Singing does wonders.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never said you have to sing well. It is just a fabulous way of exercising the voice and learning how to project it. It also is good for teaching you how to breathe as you sing far better if you take a good breath of air once in a while.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice lil tip. i like. :D

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks.

Great stuff I've found (!!):

The Sound of Your Voice by Carol Fleming

Vocal Release (for singing)

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
about singing: Learn to sing in your natural vocal range.

My vocal range stretches form tenor to deep bass, but have always preferred singing in tenor (mainly because all the cool songs are in that range) and in ordinary speech I rarely used my bass range.

A big fan of singing out loud in my apartment myself anyway, but noticed that once I started appreicating and singing more in the bass range that my normal speech tended to move towards that range as well, making my voice a lot deeper than usual and a lot more relaxed as well.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a great tip, mad props to you.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
excellent post matt! i thought i was the one who discovered that humming stuff u mentioned, but u corrected me:) i watch "the doors" movie over and over and i used to sing doors' song pretendin' to be like jim... then, a month ago i started to talk like that and it's a freakin' cool voice... the only problem is rememberin' to use it when u r talkin'... anyway, compliments again!

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, public speaking did wonders for my shyness. If you can stand up in front of 100 people and make a speech then talking to a girl is a walk in the park. But the absolute best thing I have ever done is debating. This really teaches you how to think on your feet-excellent for any conversation with girls.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are singing horribly, that implies you are not using the correct pitch or not breathing properly. Everyone should be able to discover a pitch range that when supported by proper breathing (from the belly) results in a lovely speaking voice and singing voice.

Breathing is very important. Practice breathing so that your belly expands as you breathe in and contracts as you breathe out. Breathe before you speak and breathe regularly.

Also tune your voice regularly and especially in the morning and evening when your voice has a tendency to drop into the throat region. To tune your voice just do some humming until you feel the buzz in your lips and nose region. Then try alternating humming and words. e.g. hmmm one hmmm two etc.

Good point disciple. A lot of people muffle their voice. When you speak be loud without shouting just by using the power of your natural voice. The result will be a strong and resonant voice.

Final tips.
Open your mouth when you speak. Good speakers use their mouths a lot. Look at good newspeakers and actors. This not only helps you speak clearer it makes your voice sound better.

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Important excerpt from Vocal Release

Diaphragmatic breathing is perhaps one of the most misundersood things about singing. Both by vocal coaches and students. I actually had one coach who's idea of diaphragmatic breathing was to tell me to take all the ain in I could possibly take into my belly so that it was pushed out as far as possible, then to force the air out with every muscle I could in my abdomen, as forcefully as I could. If someone tells you to do something like this, find someone else to teach you breathing, or maybe even another vocal coach. All this "method" will do is cause your throat and larynx to clench, impeding free air flow.How it should work is this. Stand up straight. Shoulders slightly back and head straight. Open your mouth and breath in like a yawn, so that your larynx drops slightly. Do not let your chest rise abnormally. The the air that comes in gently expand your abdomen. Do not force extra air in. Then stop without holding or chocking the air off. Then slowly exhale, letting the air that flow ous control the shrinking of you abdomen. Do not force the air out with abdominal muscles. Before you go for your next breath make sure you have exhaled completely, especially while singing a song or exercise. Not exhaling all the way is the main reason a singer would run out of air. A singer might take ashort breath for one phrase and a long one for another. Without exhaling all the way after the first phrase, and then going for the second there is still a good amount of carbon monoxide left in the lungs which will leave the singer out of breath at the end of the long phrase.

Personal note: to practice breathing, take in a breath and let both the inhale and the exhale take ten to twenty seconds each. You won't take this long when singing, its only to train you feel the proper way.