Dealing with mood swings during her period.

Glenfiddich101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm a 31 yrs old and currently dating a 23 yr old chick for about 3 mths. Sex has been good and she's shown high level of interest so far.

we were exchanging emails a few days back. somehow something i wrote got to her and she replied with a rather snappy email.

If it was me a few years bag, i would have made her eat her words. But at this age i just ignored her email and couldnt be bothered replying. But i felt kinda pissed that she misunderstood wht i said.

What i would like to hear from you guys is should whats the best wat to react when you chick gets rather emotional during her period? Do we let it slide or call her on it?

Thanks

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lesson learned: ****y/Funny/playful/sarcasm/whatever does not work in text!

No more actual conversations by email. I'd avoid the phone conversations, too, unless you're married and out of town for a week.

Don't call her on anything, unless she disrespects you in person. Who knows what this email crap means.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are the prize then period or not she is going to want to stay in your good graces.

if she doesn't care then guess what, she sees herself as the prize.

its a load of crap that women can't control their emotions during their periods (at least to the extent of treating their man like cr*p.) those who treat their men like crap do so because they can.

kind of the same argument as the booze scenario. "my gf was drunk and took what i said wrong and got all b*tchy at me, what do i do?"

also the same argument as having the flue. "my gf had the flu and was feeling really bad and ripped on me for blah blah blah"

personally, i'll let a little tension go, but i NEVER accept inexcusable behavior just becuase someone is sick, drunk or on the rag.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that disrespectful behavior needs to be jumped on ASAP. However I gather that the poster is not so much dealing with cr*p behavior,as he is figuring out what do do to "hose this down"..
You cannot ever "fix" PMS driven drama. You do need to call her on the worst aspects of it IF you are offended, and you shrug off the rest and go play 18 holes or get a beer with a MAN friend.
Remember -"You can't make sense of nonsense" and you are wasting your valuable emotional energy trying to handle this stuff. Don't make it your "business"..

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, by the way - women at MY age quit having PMS and then they start having "peri- menopausal mood swings ". So much fun !! YOu think PMS makes women into baitches ? Gee guys, I bet you can't wait to get to 50 !!

Glenfiddich101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the advice guys. Puts my thinking in perspective.

I myself have never bought the idea of a chick behaving like a ***** just becos its her period.

Its like me being able to screw and be abusive to any girl i want just becos i have testosterone.

I didnt see the need to call on her reply via email cos its only gona make matters worst. We usually communicate in person 99% of the time. Just so happened i needed get some info from her urgently.

I think i would prob let this time slide. But if it does happen again, i will let her know about it.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Practical advice: Get a calendar and use that sucker. I sh*t you not. Thanks to the pill, many women have very defined times for their period. If you are in any kind of semi-LTR you need to know when that time is.

You can’t call her on moods and feelings, even unusual anger, but you should call on unacceptable behavior.

You do need to look inside your head and ask yourself the question: “Why is this bothering me…?” If the answer is because of fear of loss with this ONE then you need to focus on more than one woman. If you had another woman to focus on I’ll bet you would not sweat this one too much.

One of the top three “secrets of life” I have learned here on our boards is this:

ASSUME ALL IS WELL

WAY too many men get on here analyzing the minutia of what some woman said and what it means. We keep telling you it don’t mean sh*t. Stop trying to think like a girl.

Just assume everything is fine and proceed accordingly.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
make her laugh.
especially at herself when she is all pms'ey.
i mean, dont be crude about it, but find a way to make her laugh at the situation.
its what works for me.

Reaction score
No such thing as "mood swings" due to a "period" - this is a myth and part of the feminist hor matrix!!! Demand respect at all times, in her tonality of voice and in her actions!!! Otherwise tell her to blow!!

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
grinder said:
ASSUME ALL IS WELL

WAY too many men get on here analyzing the minutia of what some woman said and what it means. We keep telling you it don’t mean sh*t. Stop trying to think like a girl.

Just assume everything is fine and proceed accordingly.
Great post Grinder! I used to analyze so much in the past, I would drive myself crazy. No more of that sh*t anymore. Like you said, I now assume all is well and proceed accordingly.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my ex would flip out over **** all the time. sometimes she got violent, sometimes it was her excuse to not trust, to pull up the past, she felt it was carte blanche to act crazy. she said it was her bc that made her nutty. i think she had borderline personality disorder. nonetheless be prepared for the blame to go from hormones to pills when yuo call them out.

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
if you are the prize then period or not she is going to want to stay in your good graces.

if she doesn't care then guess what, she sees herself as the prize.

its a load of crap that women can't control their emotions during their periods (at least to the extent of treating their man like cr*p.) those who treat their men like crap do so because they can.

kind of the same argument as the booze scenario. "my gf was drunk and took what i said wrong and got all b*tchy at me, what do i do?"

also the same argument as having the flue. "my gf had the flu and was feeling really bad and ripped on me for blah blah blah"

personally, i'll let a little tension go, but i NEVER accept inexcusable behavior just becuase someone is sick, drunk or on the rag.
Well said, we are all human, we all **** up and we all make excuses and you are 100% right about Women treating their Men like **** and saying it was PMS or because of that time of the month, it is because they can.

Glenfiddich101...when she gets like that, give her a wide berth and go and hang out with your drinking buddies.

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
No such thing as "mood swings" due to a "period" - this is a myth and part of the feminist hor matrix!!! Demand respect at all times, in her tonality of voice and in her actions!!! Otherwise tell her to blow!!
YESS!!

spread_love

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to mention that 23 year old girls don't know what the **** they want and still play dumb teenage girl games, not all but a few I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.