Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dave and busters good for a date?

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with that place?
I for one think its pretty fun but is it a good place for a first date?
It does have an arcade so I don't want to come off like some nerdy gamer (which im not, i dont even own games) but it's a little more upscale than your typical video game place... there's a bar and restaurant too... I think it's pretty chill and laid back, perfect for just having fun and getting a girl laughing but is it kinda nerdy or no?

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only been there once, but from my point of view, it seems like it'd be an AWESOME place to have a date. Fun atmosphere, game and place bets on each other, etc. etc.

Alexi

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only been to D&B in Boston and Chicago and it is an AWESOME place for a date. Cool arcades can be a gold mine. You have to carefully select what games you'll play though. Not many women are familiar with video games or are comfortable with competing with someone they are dating.

What I do is focus on our mutual familiarity. I choose games that there is a common goal that we play as a team to achieve. One of my favorites is an old shoot-em-up cop game called Time Crisis. We play partners going after a drug lord. I explain the game as "shoot everyone except me or you'll be walking home."

Don't forget that this is a good time to kino her up too. Oh yeah, don't focus on the score of the game either. Focus on playing together for the common goal. It'll subliminally make her feel that the two of you can get along as partners, long term... ;)

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sfalexi
I've only been there once, but from my point of view, it seems like it'd be an AWESOME place to have a date. Fun atmosphere, game and place bets on each other, etc. etc.

Alexi
if its somthing 2 player that you play agaisnt her sure be competitiv and beat her, but do not make bets with her on it, at least not for money, you could say "who ever looses has to buy the next round of drinks" but do not make a bet for money, just think about it, you will notice it does not seem a good idea to take money off your date like that.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
if its somthing 2 player that you play agaisnt her sure be competitiv and beat her, but do not make bets with her on it, at least not for money, you could say "who ever looses has to buy the next round of drinks" but do not make a bet for money, just think about it, you will notice it does not seem a good idea to take money off your date like that.
Yeah, stack the deck against her and make her buy you stuff. That'll raise her IL 10-fold.:rolleyes:

souporman

Don Juan
Reaction score
bet her like a penny or something... i do it all the time and it gives you something to play around about, and doesnt really cost anybody anything.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the betting thing unless she brings it up. If she does, it's a tell tale sign that she doesn't mind a little friendly competition. But if you bring it up and she isn't of that mindset, you could be perceived as a AFC that has something to prove by showing off by beating a girl at something trivial as a video game.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey thats kinda interesting... what about putting stakes on the line OTHER than money? Like kisses and stuff

LOL as a sidenote, my dad actually lost his CAR that way when he was younger....he got so ****y and actually put up his car for a piece of ass... he lost

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KillingTime
hey thats kinda interesting... what about putting stakes on the line OTHER than money? Like kisses and stuff
COMPLETELY AFC. If you want to kiss her just do it. For example, a woman plays a game with me and does well, I give her a congratulatory kiss after the game. On the other hand, if I see that she isn't that good at the game and gets frustrated and gives up, I give her a kiss and thank her for at least trying it.

Guys, if you are in an arcade, you are probably the master of that domain in her eyes. In that case, be the master, lead her, show her a good time, kino her up and appreciate her coming along for the ride.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well said check_mate_kid. I did mean bets like buying the next round of shots or something like that, but I wasn't clear. Glad you clarified or someone could have made a huge mistake and used actual money (retarded to do on a date).

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dont base a date on the arcade, heres a good example is theres a bowling alley near me that has a restruant in and an arcade, thats perfect, you go bowling, get osmtihng to eat and finish it off by spending a bit of time at the arcade.

The only problem is that bowling does not seem like a good idea for a date because its not really a 2 people thing, its best with 4 people, so it would be good for a double date, but of course double dates are not what you want till you have been dating a while a definint no for the first 3 dates.

Thing is i always think a double date is not a good idea, what is better is just take her out but not just you and her just like with freinds aswell mutual freinds is better, but again do not do this till you know each other well.