Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating Colleagues in the Work Place

octane_orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all, after some advice......

Currently working as a full time manager in an open plan office environment of about 20 staff. One of which is def a HB8/9, is my age, similar backgrounds, she is also same level of seniority as me within the office. We get on well etc but I am unsure whether to ask her out.

Does anyone have any experience of this? There was a statistic that 65% of people meet their partner in the work place (Don’t have oneitus!) so that a bonus … whats the down side? Bit worried about it not working out and having to see her everyday.

Anyone have any experience of this?

Sorry did a search and can find little to no info on this subject.

Ta

Oct

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The old saying comes to mind...

Don't sh#t in your own backyard.

Whilst I have dated girls from work - I have never dated a girl in the same department, same office/working space.

Your asking for trouble.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bread........

Hey,

Don't put your meat where you get your bread.

cave dweller

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger

Dear sir

I advise you not to mix work with romance. It is highly dangerous and it could jeopardize your job and your career.

A coworker with whom I had a great working relationship filed a sexual harassment complaint when we had a spout. The woman who filed the complaint probably has a borderline personality.

Anyway, when this process starts, you cannot control the process or the way it will be handled by management. I was not allowed to respond to the complaint and I was not allowed a hearing process. Being unable to stay in this workplace without being able to respond to the accusation and having the chance to clear my reputation, I left my employer.

I work for a government agency. The accusation followed me (human ressources relish the thought of following a case like mine I guess) and it thus ruined any possibility for advancement, and almost cost me my ability to work.

Be prudent of your relations with your female coworkers and particularly of mixing romance with work.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you don't care about your job, career, reputation, go for it. if you do, forget about it. diping your pen in the company ink can easily backfire on you. all's it takes is an allegation of impropriety. or if it turns sour (and it WILL), she could toast you. no chick is worth risking your career.

Magnus Pym

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I have dated several co-workers over the years and so far so good. I am dating one currently.

You do take the chance that it won't work out and there will be bad feelings, but all life is a chance.

If you have a lot invested in your work, are up for advancement or it is very political, then consider the facts and make the right decision.

Good hunting...

Pym

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it's all good..just don't get aroused at work (see the movie, Anchorman). If they do, just pretend you're not pointing at anyone!

MichaelangelloB

Don Juan
Reaction score
You've gotta concider which is the higher priority: your job or the girl. I've dated many girls I've worked with but I've always had jobs I could easily walk away from.

My advise: Wait till she's drunk at the office Christmas party and make your move then.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fire.......

Hey octane,

Don't do it..........
You are playing with fire.
Your sh1t will become weak, real quick..................

cave dweller

DharmaBear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it, but at your own risk. Are you sure she likes you in return? I had this girl start at my office just over a year ago, and she's perfect for me, etc. We went out to lunch several times, but soon I found out she really wasn't interested in me and got LJBF'd.

So now I've had to go to work every day for the last year, in this small office, with MAJOR oneitis. It's easily been one of the hardest things I've had to ever deal with in my life. Though I don't act desperate on the outside, on the inside I'm a mess.

Be sure you know where you stand with your job, and with the girl, before you really make a move.

-Dharma

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DharmaBear
Do it, but at your own risk. Are you sure she likes you in return? I had this girl start at my office just over a year ago, and she's perfect for me, etc. We went out to lunch several times, but soon I found out she really wasn't interested in me and got LJBF'd.

So now I've had to go to work every day for the last year, in this small office, with MAJOR oneitis. It's easily been one of the hardest things I've had to ever deal with in my life. Though I don't act desperate on the outside, on the inside I'm a mess.

Be sure you know where you stand with your job, and with the girl, before you really make a move.

-Dharma
The basic rules of don juan apply with chasing girls at work - you need more girls and more options, your ONEItis can easily set in.

Donald Kaufman

Don Juan
Reaction score
In an environment such as yours there are probably many more females then males and even if the %age is better those who will involve themselves in your private life will almost all be female or feminine leaning.

Even if you manage to get what you want and avoid all the pifalls already outlined you still have to deal with your office mates. They won't be taking your side either. A bunch of bored people will watch your every passing and critique your every movement. They will let her know if you didn't hold the door open for her right and their opinion about it.

It's russian roullette. You might get away with it and it will be really exciting but when it goes bad ...

It's just not worth it.

If you still really think she IS worth it ... quit your job first. If you aren't willing to do that she is not worth it.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah

Look there are too many women out here who are willing to meet a sucessful man out here. You might want to stick her becuase it's convienent. Leave it alone. Because this can be used against you by coworkers. also, who is too say that she isn't trying to get where you are. I mean is she can expose the person above her then she can move past you. Think about it..