Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dancing Lessons

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm signed up for a course at Scottsdale Community College called "Hip-Hop Dancing".

I'm hoping to be able to learn a few dance steps and meet some women at the same time.

I'm really looking forward to learning how to dance like a Backstreet boy. haha

Some of my motivation to take the course is so that I'm not a wallflower anymore at dance clubs. Also, I don't want to be trying to dance at a club and either get laughed at becuase I have no clue how to dance or have the girl think I can't fvck because I can't dance.

I'm newly single and I know that dancing is a key ingredient to macking on women in night clubs, etc.

I'll keep you all updated as to my progress, but I really think this is a step in the right direction towards generating more attraction with women in the dance clubs.

I can't wait to see the look on some girls face then I throw down all the latest dance moves like a fvcking pro and dazzle her and anyone else who can see.

Cheers!

Eric

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man, this is a VERY GOOD IDEA!
I know from experience that being a good dancer (NOT just a "decent dancer" who can move around nodding their head:D ) helps a lot at dance clubs.

- "Good girls" will like you because you don't look sleazy (starting to grind any girl from behind before getting rejected 2 secs later:rolleyes: ) and you don't look like a loser (holding a beer, probably drunk, just watching other people having fun) either.
- The open "minded" girls who probably like to dance too will like you because you ARE FUN and you look "non threatening": hey, everything you do is PURELY "professional" right:eek: , no second thoughts, even when you are transitioning from a handstand to grinding from behind...:D
- The attention hos will "like you" because you will be the center of attention at the club, and they want a piece of that. Just don't give them too much though, because you know that you won't get that much in return...;) But they are still good for social proof.

Finally one thing you should watch out: make sure the class is a TRUE "hip hop dancing" class. I once tried for an activity named the same way at my university only to find out with horror that it was only a "disguised" aerobics class for obese girls!
:eek:

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Le Parisien
Yeah man, this is a VERY GOOD IDEA!
I know from experience that being a good dancer (NOT just a "decent dancer" who can move around nodding their head:D ) helps a lot at dance clubs.

- "Good girls" will like you because you don't look sleazy (starting to grind any girl from behind before getting rejected 2 secs later:rolleyes: ) and you don't look like a loser (holding a beer, probably drunk, just watching other people having fun) either.
- The open "minded" girls who probably like to dance too will like you because you ARE FUN and you look "non threatening": hey, everything you do is PURELY "professional" right:eek: , no second thoughts, even when you are transitioning from a handstand to grinding from behind...:D
- The attention hos will "like you" because you will be the center of attention at the club, and they want a piece of that. Just don't give them too much though, because you know that you won't get that much in return...;) But they are still good for social proof.

Finally one thing you should watch out: make sure the class is a TRUE "hip hop dancing" class. I once tried for an activity named the same way at my university only to find out with horror that it was only a "disguised" aerobics class for obese girls!
:eek:
Rofl

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll leave if I see that Richard Simmons is teaching the class...

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a great idea. My only dance class experience dates far back into my childhood, where they taugh us a lot of f4ggety traditional crap like polka and square dancing. Needless to mention, that class was for little kids only.

I would really like to learn how to dance, so I'll check out the dancing classes in my area (pulls out the phone book). My only worry is the ages. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of 4yo's and look like a retard. On the other hand, dancing with a anyone greatly over my age is a turnoff as well. Eric, how do you know you will land into a class with solely adults in it?

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll leave if I see that Richard Simmons is teaching the class...
I was stuck on an airplane with him a few years back from new orleans to LA.

He's even more annoying in person than on TV.

Tao of Steve

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have the right idea! My only qaulifier is that 'hip-hop' dancing is for the teenager and early 20's crowd. I suggest salsa dancing - i have been taking a class for a while. It's a) more sophisticated and mature than hip hop b) wont go out of style c) It stresses that the man leads - which will help you build dominant personality charachteristics d) and is based on very DJ principles - its not vulgar, but sensual - its is subtle, and flirtatious.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in Steve's camp here, salsa is the way to go. Another great reason is that when you ask a girl to dance salsa it is not automatically considered a pick-up attempt so it is alot easier to actually meet alot of women dancing. In a typical night you can easily meet 15+ women depending on how many different women you dance with.

Some suggestions,
1) Take the lessons, always take the lessons.
You can always learn more and you will always be able to meet new women.

2) Scope out different places and when you go to pick up women go to where the serious salsa dancers are NOT going.
If you live in a major city then unless you are really talented or have lots of time, the first two/three years you will not be able to impress any of the really serious dancers. Sadly in every salsa scene I have seen the men are much better dancers than the women. Therefore most of the women, even those that don't dance so great, that have been around the scene for a while will be unimpressed unless you show them something really spectacular.

Instead go to the "latin nights"(as opposed to "salsa nights") there you will be able to kick butt because people know enough to defend themselves but they don't take salsa as seriously. If you can dance decently the latin girls will think you are one of the best dancers in the club and be impressed.

If you just want to dance or meet people though go to the serious salsa clubs because honestly it is great fun and quite easy to "meet" women(but alot harder to pick them up).

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by comote
I'm in Steve's camp here, salsa is the way to go. Another great reason is that when you ask a girl to dance salsa it is not automatically considered a pick-up attempt so it is alot easier to actually meet alot of women dancing. In a typical night you can easily meet 15+ women depending on how many different women you dance with.

Some suggestions,
1) Take the lessons, always take the lessons.
You can always learn more and you will always be able to meet new women.

2) Scope out different places and when you go to pick up women go to where the serious salsa dancers are NOT going.
If you live in a major city then unless you are really talented or have lots of time, the first two/three years you will not be able to impress any of the really serious dancers. Sadly in every salsa scene I have seen the men are much better dancers than the women. Therefore most of the women, even those that don't dance so great, that have been around the scene for a while will be unimpressed unless you show them something really spectacular.

Instead go to the "latin nights"(as opposed to "salsa nights") there you will be able to kick butt because people know enough to defend themselves but they don't take salsa as seriously. If you can dance decently the latin girls will think you are one of the best dancers in the club and be impressed.

If you just want to dance or meet people though go to the serious salsa clubs because honestly it is great fun and quite easy to "meet" women(but alot harder to pick them up).
EXACTLY!

That's what I see every Saturday at the local Salsa bar. Unless you already have a couple of years of practice under your belt, you can forget about impressing women with it.

It's SO TRUE that the women are usually far from as good as the guys, they usually only follow their lead. Actually a very good female dancer who takes a lot of initiative is considered "very hard to dance with". There's this girl who's only 17, she looks like she's 21 so every Saturday she would come to the Salsa bar with a fake ID. She's hot and she knows it AND SHE'S A DAMN GOOD SALSA DANCER. Even the best guy dancers I know have told me that it's very difficult to "satisfy" her:rolleyes: .
But she's a total slut though, once she hooked up with a much older very average looking Italian who can BARELY speak English only after 10 mins of "conversation", guess she just wants to "sample"...:eek: And she has a "consistent" boyfriend during all this time. Now she's giving me AND my friend this slutty look...:rolleyes: If only I had little respect for myself...:D

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all the great females are hard to dance with. Most I have encountered are really great to dance with.

I would go so far as to say if someone is difficult to dance with they are not really a great dancer.

The problem comes when certain salsa scenes become loaded with attention ho's who only want to dance with the flashiest dancers around. It's great if you are known as one of the flashiest dancer around, but it really sucks if you are not.

CEF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont forget to learn the other two dances popular in the latin clubs, Bachata and Merengue. Merengue may be the easiest dance ever and to boot its basically the 'slut' of latin dance as it encourages you to get into a nice close grove with your partner.

Returning to topic, Salsa dancing is the ****. Highly reccomended. Ive been taking lessons for about 7-8 months (previously I took swing and ballroom) now and its unbelievably useful. Once you start to get good at it you can apply many of the moves to conventional non latin club dancing situations. I find the arm moves in particular to be awesome for this, things like simple face loops are incretible tools to 'close up' to a girl in a super stylish manner. Gold.

Finally the dance schools themselves usually have a hottie or two in the mix.
This can easily lead to the obvious, 'lets go practice' date and on from there.
Dont go expecting a class full of young nubiles though, you are going to be sorely dissapointed. There will be a few for sure but its usually more like a ton of middle age housewives (some of them are full on MILF quality though), some big UGs, AFC guys whos GFs forced them into going (feel free to AMOG them ;) etc....

And remember, if you ain't dancing you're just part of the crowd!

CEF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot to comment on girls who can dance. I LOVE girls who dance better then me. I learn so much from them. I have also noticed that at least where I am there is a noticable lack of very good female partners which strikes me as odd since the generalization is that girls have a higher interest in dancing hence you would think there would be alot of really talented ones around.

I have also noticed that at least as far as Salsa is concered in the beginning the guys have a much steeper learning curve. Keeping the beat while leading and dancing is hard to do. Eventually however the learning curves equal out and the girls have to develop some very tricky physical and following skills. This is where I think alot of them get stuck as they had it so easy in the beginning they become a little lazy and develop some bad habits which are hard to get rid of.

Last thing to note, people with lots of musical training make incredible dancers. I was teaching my sister (two years younger then me) Salsa dance the other day. She is a very accomplished pianist (23 years training), piano teacher, bachelors degree in music, plays as a ballet accompanist for studios/exams etc etc... NEVER having taken a single lesson, within 30 minutes she was better then about 75% of the girls I dance with on a regular basis! It was downright impressive. Go sis! :D