Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

converting BIN files (torrent)

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I live in Canada where it is legal to share files, I just got a BIN file and I'm wondering how I can convert it with a free program? Its a large file 700 mb.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you trying to convert it too? Are you looking to compress it into a lossy format (mp3, mp4, ipod)?

If so, for those kinds of conversions, I use Switch Sound Converter Plus. I download concerts, and other audio programs, which take too much space, and convert them to a lossy (compressed) format to put in my ipod. Do a search for Switch, and download the trial version, which will last about 2 weeks.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Its a dvd / movie file. Want to convert is to avi or anything that will play on my computer. I tried switch Sound Converter Plus but thats only for sound, not video.

Other recommendations?

apusislaya

Banned
Reaction score
.bin file is like an ISO image for either CD, DVD, Floppy, or Bluray. 700 MB sounds like a CD.

You can burn it using Nero. Start it up, cancel dialog box that appears, then go to recorder -> burn image -> select All Files at the bottom and select that .bin file.

You can also extract the contents of that .bin file using WinRar (or even WinZip)..

You should be able to get all your software, movies, music and stuff using sharing networks. Such as e-mule and torrent.

When downloading programs be sure to

A) check for viruses and spyware.

B) do a test install in VM ware or other sandbox software, dont' take chances, there are some viruses that can not even be detected.

DanielLee5

Banned
Reaction score
I live in Canada where it is legal to share files, I just got a BIN file and I'm wondering how I can convert it with a free program? Its a large file 700 mb.
Try doing it with Filetypeadvisor , I personally know no better tool to deal with files in sense of converting, opening and recognizing them. There is hardly a file which couldn't be converted and recognized by Filetypeadvisor. Best of luck!