"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Confusion...

dookie

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Hi guys,
I know a girl at work, single, older than me by 10+ years. I use ****y/funny on her and tease her but for some reason I don't get anything back from her. She may not say anything but its not like she is disgusted because her bodylanguage remains open. From time to time I get a laugh when I tease her. She complements me all the time... on what I wear etc. Today for instance, she said "We got in new sweaters (we work in a dept store). Green looks good on you." I replied "I've never work that kinda green, were you imagning me wearning green? ;)" I don't know if she was embarresed but I didnt get a reply. Another time, she said "Want me to leave the breath mints here? (some new brand)" I replied with a sly smile "You need them more than I do." Again, didn't get a response but she then walked over and stood next to me and another friend (in between me and the friend." She is also a good dancer. I asked her to teach me and she suggested taking lessons together and even suggested a location. (I am thinking that I should find a location other than what she suggested to keep things "in control" or does it not matter since she knows a good place?) ATM I have a very hard time reading her level of interest... Any ideas or suggestion on what I could do to get a reaction or any other ideas?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Some say you shouldn't ask girls out from work - but I say get them where they are - just don't get emotionally pissy if things go wrong!!

Tell her you have an all green outfit but that you will only wear it when she goes out with you - and then say nothing else and see what she says!!

If she says she is not interested then come to work the next day in a shamrock shake green elf outfit and say "How do you like me now?"
 

dookie

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Age
46
hehe I should have said something like that. It also happens that she is my boss lol. Even that being the case , last week she asked me to do something... I said "Why Should I?" She replied (with that trying to be cute voice "Because you love me" I said "Thats not enough ;)" It could be that she is stressed out... apparently it happens to her during the holiday season. I am thinking about setting up a meeting outside of work... perhaps for coffee and say "Lets get together for coffee... If you aren't too boring then I might let you stick around longer. ;)" or would it be better to just ask to get together for coffee?

About the Salsa lessons... she is a beginner and Its been a while since she has done it but she agreed to teach be a intro lesson aswell as go to classes together. (Would it be better to request intro lession after work or day off at her place or after a coffe meetup?) I am wondering what I could say to have her make a concrete decision on the date etc. My idea was to ask her if she is still interested, if she is then take her by her hand and then walk over to were the schedule book is and say busy busy busy but open to this day etc...

How does that sound?
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
She is your boss? Thanks for letting us in on the secret!:rolleyes:

You are the man so you should dictate the agenda!! Coffee is a lame first date unless you don't want to have fun and don't want to see her outside of work for long.

I wouldn't suggest dance lessons on a first date - you may look to awkward and lose points right away.

I take it that you are very young so this is not your career? Well, 24 is not soooo young!

I say enough with the flirt talk at work and get her in a position where you are the boss - if you know what I mean!!!:cool:
 
Top