Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Concept of the superset?

Escude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried looking around but couldn't find a satisfactory answer...

When people talk about super-setting their last set in a lifting program does that mean lifting that last set till pure muscle failure
by going down on the amount of weight immediately after you feel you can't do no more with the original amount you were lifting?

Let's say for example you're curling 30 lb. DB's last set, you can't do anymore, so you immediately drop down to 20 lbs. and squeeze out a few more reps?

If that isn't a superset, what is?

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think supersets are doing two different lifts at the same time.

An example would be doing a set of bench press and then a set of pull ups without resting. Repeat that for 3 sets or however many you do.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A superset is a combination of exercises performed right after each other with no rest in between.

Usually a superset is used when pairing exercises of opposing muscle groups, like back/chest, thighs/hamstrings, biceps/triceps, etc.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you described is a burnout set, Escude.

Escude

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks.. as far as burnout exercises go... how would doing these affect my long term outlook in terms of strength, mass, endurance, etc?