Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Common Newbie mistakes <READ IT!>

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have learnt a few things in my time as a DJ, the stuff in this post is from hard earned experience tried out through trial and error. If you feel these fit to you then change those things.

My game has been awful these last weeks, me bulking up has changed the rules of the game and I have spent time learning it, I have had much trouble getting used to all the eye contact I get from girls and some guys, I have a reflex from all those years back to instinctivly look away and move away from EC because I was ashamed of myself then. But I have learnt many new things too and I wanted to share my experiences with you.

Here's my collection of newbie mistakes to be avoided:

Thinking they are the sh!t!

Hell lifeforce, this is good to think, I only go for HB9+ because I am a DJ. Pook says to be the prize, do you say pook is wrong? You think you know something shorty?

Yeah I think I know some stuff. If you want to get into what pook says, then he also says to BECOME the great catch. That's what's wrong with you. You highten your standards on your women but you do not do it on yourself. Women don't want skinny guys who looks like holocaust survivors or fat lard asses. They don't want pale guys, they don't want guys who have no sense of style whatsoever, they don't want guys who smell, they don't want guys who look like a pizza in the face, they want a guy who look masculine! If you think otherwise wake the **** up! If you get shot down alot when you approach hot women it is probably because you are ugly.

Another variant of this attitude is just the attitude of being the **** when you look like ****, it is such a turn off. Like I met this girl a while back, 5-6, allthough she looked good she was not THAT good looking. She had the highest demands on everything and she played a role like she thought she was better than she was. Thinking you are better than you are is only a sign of insecurity. If you think you are the **** and you look like **** then people laugh at you behind your back, you may feel DJ but people around you view you as a laughing stock.

Questions Marathon

This is my first thing I learnt I was doing wrong. I approached women and asked them a bunch of questions which they replied, then they didn't ask anything back and I didn't know what to say so I continued to ask. RULE!!! Listen to this! IF A WOMEN DOESN'T SEEM INTERESTED IN YOUR CONVERSATION YOU ARE HAVING OR CONTRIBUTE WITH QUESTIONS THEN SHE IS NOT INTERESTED IN YOU, DUMP HER RIGHT AWAY AND MOVE ON! Do not try to close her or use some DJ technique, she want you to get lost only she is too polite to say it.

Being ****y&A$$hole

****y and funny are fun to do. But most people do not know how to do it at all. Being an ******* is not the equality as being C&F. Let me explain, C&F is when you say something ****y and are funny at the same time but you also make sure you don't hurt her EGO on the way. Saying stuff like "I like your clothes, do you know of any 2nd hand clothes store in the area?" is just plain dumb, this is NEGHIT, NOT C&F. How do you think a friendly girl who has worked with her appearance feel? Do she deserves this ****? How would you feel if some girl said something like that to you? Me personally would dis her because I don't hang out with *******s. So donät ruin your game with this I have already done it for my part and half a dussin of you guys.

Crying to the hunchback of notre dame

Yeah disney really know how to make movies don't they. In real life do you think a girl would **** something like that? No way! If you are one of those who think looks do not matter for DJing because some ugly dude laid a nice looking girl then you are WRONG! The girl was probably horny or something. Good looks are more effective than any technique you can have, when you look good women have a voice in their head that says... "mmm, I like that body, I wouldn't mind having his strong hands over my body and surrender to him".

A variation of this is to try to use techniques to get women interested (NLP/SS/The System/etc...). Time to wake up again, I spent a good two and a half year in this trap looking up techniques to do to get fake confidence. But in the end it didn't pay off any good. I would have had more success to say "Hey wanna ****?" than with those techniqes.

Hitting on two many chicks

If you are at a place where there are lots of chicks, do not ever hit on a chick in front of another chick who you want to hit if this hit goes bad. This is called Social Proof or dis-proof because people will imply that there are something wrong on you if she reject you. Having this mindset the next girl will look for errors in you and she WILL probably find it unless she is turned on by your looks.

Getting comfortable

Every DJ I believe come to a phase of their DJing when they have experience under their belt and they stop hitting on chicks for some reason. They become more philosohpical about it. They loose their fearlessness and become pussies. And as a defense of the DJ-mind they think stuff like "I could lay that chick if I wanted.", "If I had time I'd show you how to do it", etc... But in reality they would be scared ****less. You have to face yourself and start again.

Fear of the unknown

The difference between a successful DJ and a unsuccessful one is the ability to be bold. To say stuff at the right time even if you are trembling and have a supernova in your gut. You are nervous because you fear the womans reaction. Let me tell you, I have been some really stupid stuff in my days as a DJ and still haven't been slapped (too many times ;)). Everyone chickens out sometime but try to think about it if you chicken out too much.

Hitting on women you know you can't get

If you feel a voice in your head that you can't get this woman then you are usually correct if you have some experience. If you are fat or skinny and hit on a perfect model than your chance are slim because she is much more feminine than you are masculine. You will get interest from girls in your range and the more you improve the better looking girls will look and lesser looking girls will start to ignore you! (It's awesome!!!) The more masculine you become the better girls you'll get naturally.

Being Fake Alpha-Male

It's pathetic to se some guys believing the alpha myth, yeah sure women like dominance and masculinity, but this should not be an act! If you are faking then you will only become a laughing stock. I have noticed I have become much more dominant and masculine by lifting, it comes natural and I don't think "Hey, is this alpha?". So all you pathetic guys pretending, stop doing it or start lift and feel the effect of testosterone boost after squats and deadlifts.

Hurting the womans EGO

You may believe it is good if the girl know how many other girls you have, trust me, it is not! The fact that she is special should be the first priority until she get's involved emotionally with you. Before that she will feel that you can hurt her ego if she must compete and can get other guys who don't do this. When she is emotionally involved and find out about competition then she will try to seduce you if she is attracted enough.

Overanalyze

This will lead to oneitis and you will not be able to get anything good out of it. Do never try to understand what a woman tell you, if you wonder if she is interested consider her actions, do she responds to calls, do she want to meet you? If you answer no then she is not interested.

Treating average girls like hot girls

Face it, most of you probably don't hit on the models (including myself) so some of the stuff here is overkill for some girls. Using neghits, too much challenge and stuff is not good with the average girls IMO. They respond to compliments because they don't get as many as other good looking girls and they are most often not as picky and will tolerate a little more AFC stuff than the ones above. Ugly women respond to most stuff because they are desperate and have strange personalitites. Ugly-pickygirls are the worst, they think they deserve good looking guys because people have inflated their egos. Damn AFCS!

Me moving from the average to the little more hot girls has made all the difference in my game, changed it totaly (therefore it has sucked for a while ;)). Be more receptive to how stuff works (JUDGE BY ACTIONS!!!) instead of what is being said in here. This was how the orginal DJ's of this site learnt the stuff, they tested it out and they watched the feedback. Most new DJs are spoiled and do not want to learn the stuff out there. This is closly connected to...

...Don't be afraid of the word AFC!

Some stuff that AFC's do actually can work pretty well in some instances. When two people say the same thing it can be understood in many different way. A ripped 190 lbs guy who says something will get another response than a 140 lbs skinny guy or a 220 lbs 30% BF guy. No don't flame me, I do not want you to limit yourself because you are afraid to be called AFCs. Giving flowers can be OK, and some other stuff will work too, try it out and adapt the stuff that works, the difference between a DJ and a AFC is that the AFC never changes his approach.

And lastly...

Don't overrate or censor stuff when you do it here, keep it real

Try to judge girls you hit on by societies standards, if you find her to be an 8 society can rate her as a 4 or as a 9. Don't try to seem better than you are by removing stuff from the convo you are ashamed off if you post convo. this will make new people believe they are bad and feel bad and no one will learn from your mistakes.

There you have it, hoped this helped you. Comments and questions are welcome.

LIFEFORCE

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you MF! :D

Exactly, the same stuff can mean many different things.

I really must do something to improve my english!

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your english is fine my man... you have just typed out an excellent post! you gave things a new view, and tell us not to be so narrw minded. which is true, we all do that at some point in our lives! 5 stars mate!

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 stars too dude. This goes in the AFK'S Greatest DJ Posts folder.

I realized that I was giving out SOOO many neghits and I thought it was C&F just because she was laughing. C&F is more like, jokingly suggest that she wants you or that all women want you. Neghit is like dissing her in a way. Anyways, she was probably just laughing to be nice and didn't want me to feelrejected...:(

I feel like sh1t now, but I thank you indefinitely for writing this post. If were a girl, I'd have sex with you.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fair and balanced analysis is what make this tip an elite one. The best of the best. Welldone, Lifeforce!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys, didn't actually think this would give this sort of response it did. The comment about my english made my day. I remember writing a long FR and the first response was that my english sucked. :)

You nailed it there AFK. THAT is what C&F is about. At least a part of it. C&F as I see it is for self confident people. You may also act like those thinking they are god but as long that serenity about who you really are and you show you are not serious with it, it will be very fun. It's like making fun of arrogant people who think they are the sh!t. :D However, be careful on saying that every girl want you like that even when joking, the girl will evaluate you and if she feels she can't trust you then she will dump you.

I want to add two things I forgot yesterday:

Don't know anything about being challenge

I read some people who will walk up to this chick, talk with her, start to dance with her intimatly, and as they are building rapport with the girl they pull away for some strange reason, probably some thing that made them feel uncomfortable or feeling super-DJ doing it. They say they are being challenge when in reality they are dumping the chick. This is at least probably how she feels.

But what is challenge? The problem most guys starting out have with challenge is that they do not know when to do it. When they pull away like that at the time the girl chooses if she can like you or not, you will hurt her ego. And if you hurt her she will pull away and you will be rejected. You may feel DJ, but it is pathetic.

Challenge is to be used when she already is emotionally involved with you. Only then will she decide to go after you and try to seduce you. Otherwise you are just a fish in the sea for her.

Our technique, that is in heaven, hallow be thy name

This is a crucial thing that kept me down. In sweden we have a saying in the military, "If the map looks different than the landscape, the map is correct." This is a perfect example of me and techniques. I would have no success and women would reject me, instead of thinking there might be something wrong with the technique, I thought there were something wrong with the woman! How could she not see how good my techniques was, and why did she not feel horny when she should! Now, when you say it out loud it sounds hilarious and something that is common sense.

But in the head it doesn't, the techniques are what separates us from the other people, our ego gets in the way because we don't a want to get back to were we started and we don't have to but it is important to notice that the techniques to catch women are designed just for this, to catch women for you, not to other way around.

Now I'm done.

LIFEFORCE

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post

The sense I get from it is that the biggest newbie mistake is to put too much emphasis on techniques and not enough emphasis on developing themselves.

All the techniques in the world are next to useless if women aren't attracted to you. If they are, it's hard to lose them; if they're not, it's impossible to to win them over.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Good post

Originally posted by Bonhomme
The sense I get from it is that the biggest newbie mistake is to put too much emphasis on techniques and not enough emphasis on developing themselves.

All the techniques in the world are next to useless if women aren't attracted to you. If they are, it's hard to lose them; if they're not, it's impossible to to win them over.
You are spot on bonhomme.

Not willing to let this die yet.

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You touched on alot of good points and this post was very well thought out. Thanks for sharing these ideas with the rest of us.
Great post!!

Master Homer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with your post, but I think your putting way too much into how you look. Being confident will get you girls if your fat, skinny, tall, short, ugly or handsome. I'm not saying don't work on your look, but it's not the most important thing. The most important thing is to not be intimidated by your looks. Don't be intimidated by anything.

That is all.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SO ****ING TRUE!

My wing is an 8. Im a 9.3 [9.5 being a professional model]. When he enters a set he has to use a completely different approach than me. I can get away with eyecontact and a silly comment... followed by salutations. Where as he will have to use a 2 minute opener and a dime transition to accomplish the same thing.

Also... when I WING for HIM he is very successful cuz i give HIM social proof. He can fudge an approach on an 8, and I can walk up and tell her he is the sexiest man alive... and he will get her #

Guys... the best thing you can do for yourselfves is truly understand WHO and WHAT you are,,, and develop game accordingly. Out.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master Homer
I agree with your post, but I think your putting way too much into how you look. Being confident will get you girls if your fat, skinny, tall, short, ugly or handsome. I'm not saying don't work on your look, but it's not the most important thing. The most important thing is to not be intimidated by your looks. Don't be intimidated by anything.

That is all.
Improving who you are and what you look like = confidence

What is the general thing here and at all seduction sites? How the woman looks, if she is a HB 7-8-9-10... that is the only thing that seem to matter here. Sure a kick ass personality is essential. But take a look on how important looks is to you... this is how important it is for women too. All the *******s that praises "women are less visual" to cover up their own lacking exterior is talking way to much ****. Good looks is half the battle. And to illustrate, if you were a woman, would you go for the guy that looks like **** who approaches you or the guy that looks good? Would a clever Hook and shut-up technique suddenly make you attracted?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have identified some more stuff I want to add to this instead of making an entire new thread about it.

Watch me, I'm on speeeeeed!

Some guys just don't have patience, they want the number/sex/kiss/whatever too quick so they end up being rejected instead. An important part when approaching is to build a foundation of rapport. Approaching and doing stuff like this won't work:

"Hey, you seems interesting, what's your name"
"Martin"
"That's a cute name for a girl, my name is bob. Are you single?"
"Yes."
"Give me your number and we can grab a cup of coffé"
"Well actually my phone was abducted by aliens along with any other way to contact me. Sorry"
"Ohh, well it happens to all of us gday"

The deal with approaching is not to make it with a direct goal in mind like that. This is my opinion on the subject. I like to have some innocent talking before, about the surroundings, about a new book, about her interest, about laserdome, or my collection of korean iscubes. This is important because women are often more frightened of strangers than we are. They can be raped, stalked, abused or whatever.

If you look at the media today you will hear everyday "14 year old woman raped by 47 men in a junkyard" it's no wonder they (some) are suspicious to men, especially if you approach when it's dark! They want rapport before they will do anything with you (outside the bar environment!). They want to be able to trust you.

So if you feel you are going too quick, relax, remember you want to explore who she is before you ask her out, to see if she fit you. At the same time she will do the same. The thing is that if you get a number it is not a prize or trohpy, the real trophy is how you get her to feel and how much you got out of talking with her.

She is friendly to me and laugh at my jokes, she want me!

Basically there are three roads you can go with a women, you can be rejected, you can be accepted and you can be friend. Now all too often newbies misinteprent what the woman want. They think too much of that smile she gave or other "ioi" you and when they make a move they end up being rejected as potiential lovers or boyfriends.

This is where you will most likely end up if you are a entertainer! This means your goal is to make her laugh. This may demonstrate that you are funny but if you just can make her laugh you will end up in friendzone. Joking is important but when you overdo it because you think it has a positive effect it will end you up in friendzone, you want to convey sexual interest not go full joking jacket with her ;)

She have a ***** I must approach!

There is a time for approaching and another one when it is not appropriate. Learn the difference. For example, when you see a cashier you fancy and have 1 mile line behind you, don't even try to hit on her. A comment is okey but starting up a convo is bad. Say something to her and perhaps if you shop there again you will met her with less costumers nearby. Don't beat yourself up because you didn't approach when you didn't have a good way to approach.

Other people will hit on every woman they can see just to get more experience. This can be ok if you want to get more social skills but do not try to close all of them or you'll come off as extremly desperate. I know I had that label for a while after having hit on I estimate over half of the women near my age in a 100000 population city! But people don't recognize me now so it's ok :] In other words, have standards.

Overhauling her with techniques or doing it at the wrong time

Take it light on any technique in the beginning, to respond effectivly to the stuff you say, the more rapport you need. For example you can't start with sexual stuff if your doing cold approach, or games, or similar stuff. You will develop a feel when it's appropriate to use the techniques. The first part when meeting women should be casual and easy. NO TALKING ABOUT SEXUAL STUFF OR RELATIONSHIPS. You are not cool if you talk about ****ing on the spot just to prove you are not inhibited, you are closing the girl up! Comments, a few questions and maybe a joke. Then add in on the C&F when you have a little rapport. Too much techniques in the beginning will make you seem incongruent with your natural self, because your personality can't be shown when doing canned stuff. Canned stuff is bad to use from my own experience. I think you will be rejected more using canned stuff than if you were a wussy guy.

I love to hit women, not in like punching them in the face but pushing them, bumping into them and pull their hair lightly. Now I do this when I have rapport. If you just go and do it right off the bat you may leave with your nuts in your mouth after a nice knee in the crotch. I have seen many do this (using techniques at the wrong time) who think there is something wrong with their games. It is not the game that is wrong, they do not say the wrong stuff it's just that they lack rapport for her to respond good to it. You know, for the girl to respond on the stuff you say she must be receptive of the way you say it, this doesn't work without some form of rapport.

Ohh my god, I don't know what to say!?!

How often are you nervous and feel the weight of holding the convo going? Let me tell you something, you are not (completly) responsible for the conversation. You may steer it or keep it going at some time, but the whole convo should not rest on you. She is as responsible as you are.

Sometimes when I talk to a woman I will cut off my part of the convo to leave it up to her. If she is interested in me she will do something to keep it going. This is one way for me to test interest. Now I do not do this right off the bat, but when I have some rapport going. If you feel you have to do all work or she show no interest of keeping the convo going, make yourself the favor and leave! Please do that.

This is my opinions only, many people might disagree with this.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce, actually it was Pook who first broke the mold of looks vs. attitudesaying openly that YES looks do matter, and YES in the exact same way that they matter for us guys. Then he proceeded to note how bulking up had changed the kind of women that went for him and changed his game completely. Your experience is quite common.

I heard that Hugh Jackman used to be called "worm" in college because of how skinny he was. Well look at him now. And the women were saying "Oh I hope he does more scenes with his shirt off" referring to a scene from "Someone like you." And let's not even talk about Brad Pitt :)

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with the part about social proof. I hit on many girls and all it does is create competition. Many times a few of them came and playfully asked me 'I'm not the star of your life?'

That is all.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 star post and I find it reassuring that it comes with the wisdom of your own experience.

Every aspiring DJ could benefit a lot from reading this.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you jariel. :]

Likretsam: What do you mean? Didn't catch your point.

Legolas: I haven't actually read everything pook has written, some stuff will always be a recap.

Yeah it really is a difference and the more guys who notice this the better. Women are as visual as us.