Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

College may mess up our relationship! Help please!

Sniper2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an 18 yr old male with a big issue to deal with. Me and my girlfriend(my first one ever) are going to different colleges. The colleges are about 30-60 min apart. We are afraid that we will not see each other often and we'll begin to drift apart and be tempted to cheat on each other in college, and end up breaking up when we've just started this relationship and loving it.

I WANT to make this relationship work out and stay a couple, but college looks like is gonna make things a lil difficult. This is our last summer together. This is also our first since we only recently became a couple. We both want to remain a couple as long as we can and try to make this long distance relationship work. I plan on transferring to another college after a year, and it happens to be one that is a closer to hers, which could ease her fears.

Ok, to summurize this. Me and my girl are about to go to college, we want to stay together but college may make it difficult. We want to know if we should continue the relationship or end it for it all may be in vain. What do you make of this relationship? Does it have promise? Any advice?

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to display some more confidence in the relationship. If she really loves you, then it won't be a problem. Just let it sink into your mind and expect it to work out and don't act scared of losing her. Assume to yourself that everything will be okay and it'll rub off on her. You shouldn't have to reassure her that things will be alright because it shows your insecurity towards the relationship.

If you both feel strongly about eachother, it can work.

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Will you guys each have a car? If yes then it will be easy to get together on weekends or for special occasions.

30 minutes is no big deal and 60 minutes isn't the end of the world. How long were you guys together in highschool?

Edit: Do not change schools just for this girl. If you have other reasons too thats great, but your education is your life. You will have it forever and it will be a huge factor in your future years, this girl may not even be around in a year.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
30 to 60 minutes apart? That's a breeze. If you two were a few states away, that would be bad. You two can make it.