Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cold Showers and The 3 Second Rule

7ilk

Reaction score
A hard concept to grasp for the longest time and one I still struggle with today, is the concept of the 3 second rule. The 3 second rule on its own is not hard to understand, as it is quite literally, self explanatory- you either do it or you don't. The point is to purge the body of it's natural tendency to run towards what is most comfortable. For example, when you see a female that you want to talk to, the 3 second rule (when followed) eliminates your internal tendency to talk yourself out of it (as you don't have time).

I recently had a revelation that led me to an understanding of how my cold shower habit and the 3 second rule coexist so wonderfully.

When you are about to get into a cold shower (literally cold, not lukewarm) the easiest way to grasp the internal thoughts that want you to turn the water up to a warmer level, will come out moments before you step in. These are the same thoughts that you experience in the seconds immediately after the 3 second rule expires. Your instincts are designed to protect you; they do not want you to get hurt and they exist to keep you safe (most of the time). Your body starts to internally panic after you feel the flow of cold water with your fingertips; your body knows it is about to be very uncomfortable if it steps into that... it will then try to rationalize why it should simply turn the water up and enjoy a more comfortable shower/bath (to put it in layman's terms). This is exactly what occurs when you ignore the 3 second rule and stand there trying to rationalize why you should or shouldn't approach a female. You can come up with a million reasons not to approach her but none of these mean anything and they are only your internal system working to protect you from the discomfort that is (inevitably) going to ensue.

Through time and repetition these feelings of discomfort will begin to subside, as you will develop an understanding that even after you step into the cold shower, no matter how cold it may be, eventually, it will normalize and the water will almost feel comfortable. Likewise with approach and the concept of the 3 second rule, it will be uncomfortable at first but after some time talking to the female you approached, just like stepping into the cold shower, it will normalize and the conversation will flow (pun intended) until you either get her number or turn the water off/walk away.

This paints a picture that if you don't think the 3 second rule is something you can conquer, try it with cold showers first. Once proven that you can psychologically defeat the innate desire to avoid a freezing cold shower, you will know that you can also defeat your fear of approach/the 3 second rule. The science is the same and many of the internal rationalizations are as well. All said and done, regardless of outcome you walk away from it all better than you were before.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The point of 3 sec rule is to putting your mind on off. When you are approaching specific girl you completely shut off your mind in that moment as you're getting to talk to her.