Clubs are the worst places to pick up chicks?!

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can you pick up chicks in a club?
It seems impossible. I´m from Germany and we can go clubbing here at the age of 16, so most people in the club I´m going to are between 16 and 20. I have never noticed that chicks left the club with someone else. NEVER. They always leave with the dudes they came with. The problem also is that it´s extremely crowded (tiny dance floor) and you can hardly turn your head without bumping into someone else. You can´t start a conversation with a chick cuz it´s way too loud and you always get ****blocked by atleast one dude or one of her female friends. You can´t even approach on the dancefloor cuz it is way too crowded. I hate going to clubs. It is totally boring. You just sit in a dark corner with your friends and do nothing or you hit the dancefloor and move like a retard. Any good tips on picking up chicks in clubs?

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those clubs seem lame.

1) Find a better club
2) Learn to dance, so you can use your moves in pickups or as a fallback if you have no prospects
3) DJB, MM, mASF, this topic has been beaten to death.

Clubs are the worst place to pick up chicks, in the sense that chicks are the most defensive in clubs. However, clubs also have the most concentration of chicks, so you can easily approach 20 in a night at a given club. If you're really off and only succeeding 5-10% of the time, it still means you'll get some results after the 20 approaches.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
Any good tips on picking up chicks in clubs?
Dont go to the club to pick up chicks, go there to have fun.

Thats the simplest most valuable tip anyone can give you regarding clubs!

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2c...

Umm, guys, I don’t know where you were told that clubs were the hardest, or even that chicks are most defensive in clubs, but that’s not true. All those women in the club looking so hot with their stylish hair and clothing.. You think they get into those tight little outfits for their friends? Or other women? (given that they are straight).. I think that the more correct reason is for themselves to feel beautiful, and for other guys to find them beautiful. A girl loves feeling beautiful.

I have found that women are more likely to react positively when approached by guys (especially at a club/in public where people can see) because it makes them feel beautiful. Guys wouldn’t be approaching her if she wasn’t beautiful. (This is the way she thinks)

But back to the club.. Women are there because they want to have a good time, and they want to look beautiful to the world. And having a guy approach you will be that cherry on top. When a girl goes to a club, generally her frame of mind is to have a good party, and if she meets a guy during the night and he is her type of guy, then that will be ideal, but not a MUST.

Flabbergasped? said:

However, clubs also have the most concentration of chicks, so you can easily approach 20 in a night at a given club.
This is true. At a club there are always a good amount of women of all sorts of shapes & sizes.. and yes, and also different PREFFERENCES and types of guys that they are into. So if you approach all these different types of women then you are bound to approach one that will be into you.

The more you approach, the more you will learn and pick up your confidence with women. With time and practice you should start seeing that you are more smooth when you talk with ladies, your confidence picks up by a huge amount, you start speaking to women in the way they WANT to be spoken to, instead of a nervous AFC... But you need to start at "a" .. and work you're way up to "z" ... Its can be an exciting and fulfilled journey, if you make it. ;)

Remember, you live life once, there isn’t any time to waste on holding back!

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taviii said:
Dont go to the club to pick up chicks, go there to have fun.

That’s the simplest most valuable tip anyone can give you regarding clubs!
True. Your reason for going clubbing should not be to pick up chicks, it should rather be to have a good time, and if you meet a woman that strikes your interest, then approach her, either she will like you, or she wont. You have nothing to lose, and so much to gain. If you don’t gain THE GIRL, then you gain EXPERIENCE. You still will at the end of the night, and you're even more ready for the next night. ;)

funnydude

Don Juan
Reaction score
No girl ever goes to a club saying, "I hope I don't meet a really attractive, charming and confident man tonight." The club presents many challenges, but in them are opportunities. The reason women don't go home with men in clubs is that they act freaking idiotic and beg them for validation or try to "buy" them... and that's just not seductive. Women will sleep with you when you meet them in a club, if you just quit trying to get them to and be powerful and charming. Problem is, most men try to "trick" women... and they read through you before you even know you're doing it.

My advice: approach women, be confident but be yourself... get it in your head that sleeping with this girl may not be the best thing for you. I've taken a girl home only to have her empty my wallet while I was asleep... some do even worse... If you approach it as you are trying to see if the two of you can work, and be willing to walk away if she doesn't meet your standards, rather than trying to talk her into having sex with you, then you've seperated yourself from all the guys she doesn't go home with. But you have to be doing it honestly.

Once you have some chemistry going and you decide you like her, don't let her know it for a second, do what they do... play hard to get. It will floor her, and she will try to take you home.

If you do it on those terms every time... and up your game so you can live it, and not just play it... you will be surprised how women will pursue you.

PS. One man's advice: If you're going to dance at a club, be a good dancer and do it for fun. Never try to pick up a woman on the dance floor, it's too obvious and needy. But if you're a good dancer, they will notice and will give you signs they want you to approach when you aren't on the floor.

SnakeCharmer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I hate going to clubs for women. I go to clubs to put back some drinks, and have fun. Clubs are where all the chumps go to try out thier "Mad Skillz" on the female population. And, the women put on the defensive behavior. At that point, unless you are seasoned at seduction, you are SOL in a big way.

The only exception I know of is to go clubbing with a couple of hot lady friends (non-sexual). But, as a stag, clubs typically are a rougher playground to work unless you are good at what you do.

thirtyplus

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of good insights on this thread so far....

I will just throw in part of an article I wrote on nightclubs. Having worked in them for a few years gives me some perspective that other guys might find useful:
==

Nightclubs are about hooking up; anyone who tells you otherwise is full of **** (if you’ll excuse my French). Girls will tell you ALL THE TIME about how they go to nightclubs “just to dance” or “just to party with my friends” or “just to have fun”. Don’t believe a word of it. Realize that, they have to say those things to prevent themselves from looking like sluts. If they admitted to the truth: “I go to nightclubs to drink, dance, get hit on by boys, and hopefully get ****ed really well” — they would be scorned and ostracized by all their female friends for breaking the code.

So when a girl tells you, “I just go to dance. I would never hook up with a guy in a club.” Realize that the word dance is a code-word for the “dance” of the mating ritual. After all, the prowess a girl shows on the dance floor is basically sexually exhibitionism — the women who can shake it best get the most attention from guys.

Why Nightclubs are a Deliberately Horrible Environment for Hooking Up
Think about it - what are some characteristics nightclubs share in common?

* Loud music - makes it hard to talk, hear, or be understood
* Dim lighting - makes it hard to see anyone, judge their complexion, etc
* Colored lighting - minimizes skin imperfections, makes people look “warmer”
* Alcoholic beverages - impairs judgment, motor coordination (dancing??!)

So, given all the above, why on earth have we as humans decided to built environments for our leks that are so logically horrible for lekking?

It may be a question without a good answer, but I have a theory. I believe that we our nightclubs have these characteristics in order to do two things:

1. Level the playing field

and
2. Weed out the timid.

To point #1, in a nightclub, it’s much easier to fake. A woman doesn’t have to as attractive to get play in a nightclub (not only because she has makeup and implants) but because the lights are complimentary to her hair and skin. The harsh light of fluorescents would reveal her for what she truly is — a bad evolutionary choice — but a nightclub allows guys to see her as pretty, even desirable. (The general rule of thumb is that, for any point value assigned on the Hot Woman Rating Scale (0-10) to a girl in a club, subtract 2-3 points for “club effect”).

Point #2 is really the corollary of #1, only for men. Since a woman’s attraction to men is not predicated on their appearance, but on their level of masculine dominance (courage/tenacity/strength of character) it only makes sense to put leks in a confined, loud, dark, often violent place where social status is obvious and a timid (beta) man would fear to tread.

Nightclubs serve as a pre-screen for women: only a relatively courageous, social man will venture into them at all (the socially maladjusted, extremely anxious, fearful or “weird” just stay out of them) and once he gets there, it will be easy to distinguish him from the TRULY alpha, dominant, fun-loving guy.

This is why so many girls who are JUST looking for no-strings attached or ‘fun’ sexual hookups frequent nightclubs — they know that the loser-ish “beta” guys are mostly already weeded out, and all the other levels of status segregate and stratify out in a very easy-to-see way, like layers of silt on a riverbank.

====
Full article http://realitymethod.wordpress.com/2007/01/20/what-nightclubs-are-good-for/