"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Club Dancing

Air Max

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 28, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
I realise there have been many a post on this...but when your in a club, what do you dance like? I find the beat, which is easy being a drummer, same as DJ's find it easy. So once u got the beat I like bob up and down, head noddin to the bass. I go down, knees bent, not too low, I'm taller so I come down to the girls height. I put the arms in the air and go to the beat with that.

You all down with that, or what use do?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
Just lose yourself in the music...literally. Do whatever, just don't be predictable. I assume you are grinding in your post?

One of my favorite grind moves is dipping down low with the girl, almost to the floor.

~ivan
 

Cleric

Banned
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
71
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Australia
I used to dance kinda like this at raves and most clubs



That's till I damaged the sh*t out of my knees. Now I don't dance :(

I used to be all shy and stiff but after a while as aBAzLLnA said, I used to literally lose myself in the music.

Dancing is kind of like singing. It is believed that just about everyone has a good singing voice but only a few of us find the courage to relax our throat muscles and sing like a pro. If you comepletely relax and not worry about what people think you'd be amazed how good a dancer you can actually be.
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by Cleric

Dancing is kind of like singing. It is believed that just about everyone has a good singing voice but only a few of us find the courage to relax our throat muscles and sing like a pro. If you comepletely relax and not worry about what people think you'd be amazed how good a dancer you can actually be.
Excellent advice !
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Originally posted by Cleric

Dancing is kind of like singing. It is believed that just about everyone has a good singing voice but only a few of us find the courage to relax our throat muscles and sing like a pro. If you comepletely relax and not worry about what people think you'd be amazed how good a dancer you can actually be.
Not necesarilly.

Anyways, just follow the beat and if you can't, try practicing in front of a full sized mirror or asking your friends to teach you. Nothing embarassing about that, when if you ever go to a club with them ,they won't have to abandon you :p Just Kidding.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Moved to Don Juan Discussion.
 

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
2
Location
Out There
i think dirty dancing is the best... i dont like to dance standing behind women i always tend to stay in fron of them... plus i took some salsa dancing classes for few so i got few moves and then i just follow the beat and get dirty on the dance floor... just doing my thang....

PEACE !!
 

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
Originally posted by Cleric
Dancing is kind of like singing. It is believed that just about everyone has a good singing voice but only a few of us find the courage to relax our throat muscles and sing like a pro. If you comepletely relax and not worry about what people think you'd be amazed how good a dancer you can actually be.
So true, especially with dances that are just solo, like liquidpopping, raving, or breakdancing (Krumping even)

How many people here do any of those?
 

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
484
Reaction score
3
Age
46
Location
Ontario
"raving" is a dance style?

I freestyle dance. There's some breakdancing inspiration/background, but I haven't breakdanced in years so I can't do stuff (body's not as light, strong, used to it). Still, I can battle dance and show off all the same.

Being a short asian (5'6) I find that I have to really "show value" to girls in order to get "approval" (wuss talk?) -- one time I was just having fun hanging out with this guy in a wheelchair. Wheelchair guys always get attention for some reason. I think it's the novelty. Anywho, so I battle danced with the guy. Immediately after, this blonde HB7-8 starts nudging me from the back. I play along and reach for her hand to hold. Turning around, she rubs my hand around her body, finally resting it on her ass.

If there are girls that aggressive/forward, I haven't seen it. All I see at clubs is crotch rocketting. Hell last time I went to a club I saw a guy "trip into a girl then grind with her".

:rolleyes:
 

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
812
Reaction score
7
Location
back to Paris, missing the USA
After all these "dance threads", I'm tired of typing long replies now.
So just some short stuff:

1) Just feeling the beat is good, but it's NOT great. Rememeber dancing is always better than not dancing, but dancing well will make you stand out.

2) Make sure you don't look "goofy". Making small moves is very average, you don't get noticed. But if you decide to do "big moves" everybody's gonna notice, make sure it looks at least good. So practice infront of a mirror. Or even better, film yourself with a camera, you will see how you REALLY look like when you dance. I don't want to scare you guys, but from experience (myself and my friends who dance a lot), you look probably much worse than you think.:D But it's ok, practice makes everything perfect.

3) Just come and "grinding" up their asses shows NO VALUE on your part. So if you are good-looking, then fine, probably anything could have worked for you. Otherwise, don't be surprised if the girl goes away within 5 minutes for another guy who comes and grinds up her ass.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
Originally posted by PeeGee
"raving" is a dance style?
Liquid popping usually get lumped into raving, which would make it a dance. You can be a liquid popper and not be a raver.

Whatever though, I dont pop that much, and this is too much rave talk.

How exactly do you battle dance? Is it like hip hop dancing? I am having a hard time imagining it without breakdancing be involved. Bah, whatever, I will stick with breaking :D
 

CEF

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
Ottawa, Canada
I can offer a simple tip. Use your arms/upper body but keep your arm stiff and your arm movements compact. Dont flail your arms around like limp noodles.

Bottom Line:

If you arent dancing youre just part of the crowd! :D
 

SealTeamSix

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Practice. Practice in front of mirror..

but in general guidance .. good dancing should invovle shoulder, hip, and knee movement. This way when u dance, you do not look like stick figure. Just watch how people dance in muisc videos.. they do lot of joint movement .. shoulder movement is the most important i think ..

There are dance classes as well.. so u can take classes if you want.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
If it's dancing to seduce a girl, read my post in the bible...

If it's to dance to have fun/freestyle, then you need rythm and imagination...... Look at different musicvideos etc and what not.

hard to believe it but Michael Jackson has really set the tone/trend for most of todays dancing in some way or the other, the rythm, bodymovements etc. If you get anywhere near close to Michael Jacksons bodycontrol/moves then you will be able to freestyle GREAT if you have rythm.

Most important thing is to relax and have fun while dancing.
 
Top