Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Clothes make the man?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Dress like you own a palace." "Being a walking advertisment is bad." "Chicks dig you if you dress for success." How many times have you heard lines like that? Too often, I assume. You go out, you buy khakis, polo shirts, and loafers. You may get one or two compliments from girls that had intrestet in you ALREADY, but you don't seem to be getting any new chicks. Why? IT's HIGH SCHOOL! Girls don't care if your rich, powerful (well, to a degree), or dress nicely. In school, power isn't everything. Money isn't everything. Nice clothes isn't everything. Clothes that make YOU comfortable is good. It's not going to make girls create wet spots under thier feet (and I don't mean pee :D), it's how you ACT that will. Clothes just add to it.

Sure, you can pimp yourself out with the latest fashion, but does it REALLY make a difference? Nope. It's only High School, not some fancy-smancy office party. Case in point: I go to a "rich, preppy, stuck up" school. Just ask DJMac23 what he's heard about my school. But, that doesn't mean everyone dresses that way. That's our rep, but it's far from the truth. I dress like I'm from the ghetto. Baggy jeans, basketball shoes, hoodie shirt, baseball cap, and occasional ski cap when it's cold. Do I get compliments? No. Am I looking for them? No. Do I see some people dressed in nice clothes? Yep. Are they looking for compliments? Yep. Do they get them? Nope.

Play dress up all you want. That's not going to make the girls knock on your door. Your actions will. I'm not going to go into the different styles. Just read "Nocturnal's Guide to Improvment" for that. There are just a few things I should add that are important for clothes:

- Keep them clean! Do you like seeing chicks with mustard stains on thier clothes? No, unless your into that sort of thing...

- Keep them smelling nice. Now, keeping them clean will help that. If you smell like manure, what good does that do?

- Keep them wrinkle free. Yeah, clothes don't matter all that much, but you don't want to give the impression that you can't take care of yourself. If they are wrinkled, here's a quick tip I read somewhere: hang them in the bathroom while you take a hot shower. That will get the wrinkles out.

- Make sure they aren't too small. Unless your hung like Dirk Diggler, you don't want your pants pressed up against "Sir-Lance a lot," now do you? Nor do you want your shirt so tight girls can see your stomach digesting your food. Make sure they fit.

There's my (soon to be daily) High School tip of the...day or week. Which one would you all prefer?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jester
good post!!! a bit of bulge isn't always a bad thing tho :p
Thank you, first of all. Second, yeah, a bit of a bulge isn't always a bad thing, unless all you have is that bit of bulge...not that I do or anything.

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good post. But allow me to respectfully dissagree.

This may be the case in your high school, many probably, but it is not a steadfast rule. I would be curious as to how you know that those who do dress nicely don't get compliments. Do you think the guys getting compliments on their dress would TELL you that some chick complimented them? Probably not.

In my school at least, and I'm not suggesting it's this way everywhere, those who wear super baggy stuff etc. end up being the ones with a lot of girls who want to be their friends, but the ones who dress nicely are the ones who get play.

Whatever... Societies in this world are pretty diverse, and it's up to people to use their brains to figure out what works with the one they belong to.

- Maurizio

edward

Don Juan
Reaction score
clothes are important in how people perceive you. Most likely 85% of the kids at your school don't normally talk to you and get to know your personality. Therefore they go by what they hear about you and what they see.

Dress for comfort, but you have to dress for being seen too.

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last week I changed my image from having the "skater dude" look to having a sort of preppy mature Cambridge student look. Girls started swarming me with compliments. In fact I had to grab a stick and smack them all away :)

It helps for sure. Personality is way more important but looking good gets you far more looks and makes breaking the b!tch shield way easier.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just like to make a few points to a few things some people have said:

Edward: I'm not saying I know everyone in school and talk to all of them, but I do know more than 15% of the people. If anything, only about 40% of the school doesn't really know me. I'm not saying I'm friends with all of them, but pretty much everyone I talk to knows my personality.

Fragmentor: Now I've read a few of your posts, but you seem like a good DJ out there. I'm positive that nearly all the girls that swarmed you with compliments had some interest in you before and were trying to get your attention. As far as making it easier to break the ***** shield, again, most of them had interest in you before and the ***** shield wasn't full effect.

Maurizio: Do you go to a school that is often dubbed "preppy?" If so, then the people that wear baggy clothes probably won't get all that much attention from little miss princess. Now on to the topic of the compliments, it may be true that some of them won't say "oh yeah, this style rocks, chicks are digging me left and right." But, most of my friends will dress nicely every once in a while and they will say things like "damn, I looked fly today and got NOTHING."

In closing, I think that I should have added this part.

- If you dress nicely, you might get a few more compliments than before, but watch out, some of them could be digging for gold. Also, if you go to a "rich" school, then dressing nicely could be good, otherwise some of the "daddy's girls" might not even give you a second glance.

Stay tuned for my next post...I don't know what it will be about though...

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omg. i read ur message title jsut as someone on the ocscars said "clothes make the man".

just the wierdest thing...

20P02

Don Juan
Reaction score
although hagning clothses in the bathroom while ur showering may get wrinkles out, theres this thing called an iron thats all most full proof....:D

i've always wanted to wear a suite to school not sure why just felt like it, but im always late to school so i dont have time to put on a suite...

bein lates my thang yaaaa mean