"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Choose the wingmen wisely

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
You ever have a group of friends where no matter what, one gets laid all the time and the others are left to pickup the scraps?

Solution:
Go out with friends who don't look as good as you. By principle of contrast you will look better.

Caveat:
Make sure the guys aren't the toxic losers some people can be when they don't score or the types that get jealous and crash your pickup attempts when you do well and they don't.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
Yeah, I've got a group of friends like this. I'm a recovering niceguy/afc so I've been in the not-getting-laid category of the group for some time. Even though I now have the knowledge, I'm not getting results fast enough. The frustrating thing is that my friends that get laid only have the minimum concepts down and let girls jerk them around all over the place.

When we all go out we'll meet some women who dig them but don't dig me. That's cool. I'm like get the phone # and let's move on. But they insist on chasing the girls around all night. I try to make the best of it and look for other girls but sometimes it's slim pickings.

I'm trying not to be the toxic loser but it's frustrating that my friends' quasi-afcness is ****ing up my game. For example, they were following these girls around from place to place the other night. We ended up in this dead bar that my friends didn't want to go to in the first place but they went anyway because the girls were there! The only other girls in the bar were ugly. I wasn't drivin so I just shot pool for the rest of the night. It irritated me not only because again I felt like a loser despite what I've learned, but I detest following women around and adhering to their agendas.

I've come to the conclusion that it's better to be as independent and solo as possible when meeting women.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
tell your friends to consider going to larger places where there are alot of women - so that you can stray from the group if need be and do your own pickings. It doesn't matter who you go with - wingman or not - good looking or average joe - it is going to be based on whether there is a girl there for you that you are attracted to and do you have enough confidence and convo skills to have her interested in you.
 

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio USA
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
tell your friends to consider going to larger places where there are alot of women - so that you can stray from the group if need be and do your own pickings. It doesn't matter who you go with - wingman or not - good looking or average joe - it is going to be based on whether there is a girl there for you that you are attracted to and do you have enough confidence and convo skills to have her interested in you.
good post.... for real.. but I never had the problem of wingman taking the goods... it's always, wingman too drunk to bail me out of situations when needed.
 

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
I dont have any ugly friends. WHat am i suppose to do :p

ALl my friends are naturals and successful, good looking girls all over them type of group. Everyone picks up everyones scraps ")
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,041
Reaction score
5
Location
NY
Go out with friends who don't look as good as you. By principle of contrast you will look better.
Yes that could work. But it could work in the opposite.

Sometimes when girls see a big group of cute guys, they think "cute guys". Even if every member isn't amazingly hot, you are all cute together as a group. If it's a group of bad looking guys, it could go either way...

"look at the one cute guy with the ugly guys"

or

"look at that group of ugly guys" (or rather, "let's get away from that group of ugly guys") ha ha...

Oh, and WHEN are you guys gonna learn that personality counts too? :p
 

DJZ

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Also make sure that your wingman knows how to hold a conversation. One of my buddies is the coolest guy in the world around me and other people he knows, but when we go out, he doesn't say much when we meet women. For instance, last weekend there were 2 very attractive girls sitting at a table talking to each other. I had my back to them, but had made EC with the blonde one as I walked across the room. He was looking over my shoulder and mentioned that she kept looking over our way. I told him to be my wingman. I started talking to the blonde, and she was interested, but her friend wasn't getting any attention b/c my buddy was just standing there listening to me. I tried to talk to the other girl some to keep us both from getting **** blocked. Well, inevitably the other girl (one I wasn't interested in) called over to the table 2 of her guy friends which totally took the attention off me and my bud. The blonde was still talking to me, but it was distracting b/c the 2 douche-bags that came over to the table were trying to talk to her too. If my friend had of just held the other girls attention, we woulda been fine. Needless to say I decided to bail, but told her where we would be going next. Funny thing is that we didn't go to the place I told her about till nearly 4am and when we got there...there she was...hahah...dancing with a fat ugly dude. By this time I already had 2 other girls with me that we met at another club and brought with us to the new place.

So the moral of the story...make sure your wingman will actually try to talk to the other girl while you work your magic. I mean, afterall, isn't that the whole point...
 

MadTyteYo!

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
NoMD
Originally posted by Ricky
Solution:
Go out with friends who don't look as good as you. By principle of contrast you will look better.

i dont really agree because some chicks may deem u ugly by assoscation. i think u need to have a better then average wingman who wont make u look bad.

the other day i was with my LJBF girls at the club(i was using them for social proof) and afterwards they were talking about the guys from the night. they thought this one ugly guy who didnt even any presence and dressed like **** was hot, probably just because he had a good looking older friend.
 

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
My AFC 'wingmen' just walk away when I approach groups of two.

Sometimes they stand silently behind for a short while and then slink away so nobody notices.

And my semi-AFC wingmen c0ckblock unintentionally. It's damn annoying
 

MadTyteYo!

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
NoMD
Originally posted by duke007
And my semi-AFC wingmen c0ckblock unintentionally. It's damn annoying
nothing worse then a cawkblocker. it gets me so irratied and frustrated.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Mr Perfect

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Originally posted by duke007
My AFC 'wingmen' just walk away when I approach groups of two.

Sometimes they stand silently behind for a short while and then slink away so nobody notices.

And my semi-AFC wingmen c0ckblock unintentionally. It's damn annoying
Are you talking about the Sosuave wingmen?
 

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Originally posted by Mr Perfect
Are you talking about the Sosuave wingmen?
Hell no, they are awesome. I'm glad I have some capable people to work with, but like somone said in another thread, we need to be careful not to become too reliant on each other (for me anyway)
 

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
The other side of the coin is that if you compete with other potential alpha males, that by default you're stepping up your game and improving your skills to compete. Just a thought and obviously not for the novice.
 
Top