Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Chivalry

Should or not a man be Chilvalrous

• Yes, a man should always show woman respect

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No, they have arms and legs, show them you don't need them

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Undecided, (what does chilvarous mean?!)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well now,
Even though I haven't been posting recently (due to the fact that i'm grounded), I wanna make it clear before i begin that i do have a large knowledge of djing and am in no way, shape, or form, an afc. One thing has struck my fancy recently, and me or my friend could not determine what the answer to it was.

Chivalry is basically defined as being a gentleman to woman, even though you all know this :D , but it never hurts to add it. So i was thinking, does a highschool DJ be Chivalrous, or does he show very little respect or admiration to woman and make then earn his respect.

Hmmmm, makes you think now doesn't it. In one article "Killing the Desperation" we see that in the girls HONEST definition of what she wants in a man, and one thing she lists is a chivalrous person, but how can a DJ be this and not show woman admiration. Another reason I'm concerned about this is because I've noticed being chivalrous receives almost no reaction from woman other then the semi-unconcious response of "Thanks" that our dear old mothers have been telling us to say for X years.

I want your reactions (pre-relationship because in a relationship it is easier to understand woman want a gentleman) on this topic, I'm very curious as to whether you feel that a DJ should be chivalrous or should he force woman to do things for themselves, which in turn creates attraction by the man forcing on the unusual...
Tell me what you think,
Vincent

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now My reaction

:eek: Booo to chivalry!
I personally feel that in order to get a womans attention, you must throw her off her average routines of having doors opened for her, YOUR the man, not her. She should be opening the doors for you if anything. I feel chivalry outside of a relationship is pointless, and will get you about as far as a slug in a saltmine.
Don't waste your time opening doors for chicks, who won't even show the slightest sign of appreciation for it, they'll just accept it as average or ordinary, and we don't want to be that now do we ;).
Well anyway now that you've heard my reaction its your turn.
-Vincent

jay2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe in chivalry.
Yes, it can be taken too far and develop into the "knight in shining armor" syndome, but that's just AFC. A true gentlemen respects a lady, like he should.

Chivalry presents good character-- something I prefer to refine because it does set you apart from the crowd in a positive manner, even more so than jerks plus it has the bonus of mystery. Is opening a door really that difficult? You're gonna use it anyways.

Chivalry is not the "average routine." I don't see many people respecting others so nobly. AFCs that open doors just want attention. A gentleman does it not for attention, but because he is a gentleman.

I could praise chivalry more, but I've made my point.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah very good

I honestly have never thought of it like that,
Its like the parable where one man was doing things for the recognition he received to do it, but on man did it for the sake of doing it, and the man who did it silently was the one with the greater reward. However if you are trying to gain a girls attention, something good to do this would be to be unchivalrous. But I'll try to incorporate your thinking.
-Vincent

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer is yes, but not for the sake of them. I'm always polite, and avoid rudeness. But that doesn't mean that I'm a nice guy. Far from it(people call me mean sometimes, I'm often blunt, and I say things most people don't dare say). But I won't get off-topic.

Here's a few things I always do:

A)I always show appreciation for what others do for me, like
-When a cashier rings up my order, I ALWAYS say something like "Have a good evening" or whatever. Sometimes I even talk to them. If it's a hot female then of course there's reason, but even if it's the ugliest person you ever saw, talk to them! It'll probably make their day plus you never know, it may come back to you and you'll be glad you were nice to them.
-If someone gives me a few pennies or some loose change so I could get something I otherwise can't get of course I thank them, after all it was their money and their time they used to help you.
Same for using people's pens, pencils, etc.

There's a LOT more examples I'm sure you can think of, but the low-down is:
Be nice to service workers, and talk to them. Joke around a little. You'll probably make their day. I work at a McD's, I KNOW.

And little things, like change people give to you or whatever. Always say thanks, and be willing to do the same. It'll do nothing but good for you, and those people would like you more(and at a very small, almost negligent cost).

B)Opening doors, the thing I'm sure all of you have been wondering about.

With few exceptions, I don't stand to the side and hold open a door for someone. If someone is RIGHT behind me I'll hold the door open after I pass through it.

The exceptions:
-A very old or very incapacitated person. If that person is obviously going to have trouble with the door I'd hold it open then.
-Someone carrying a huge load. If someone is carrying a huge box or something then of course I'll get the door for them.

I will not, however, hold open a door for someone just because they're female and hot. If they're able-bodied then of course I figure they can do it themselves and won't open the door for them(unless they're RIGHT behind me).

I'd write more but it's LATE here.

Abbott out.