Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Checklist before venturing out into the field

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read one of the posts here a long time ago while in first year University, and I wrote them down and still keep them in my wallet. These are the things I think every man should do before venturing into "the field" whether it be a bar, the park, or even a wedding event. Feel free to add to this list!

Ensure a stylish haircut.
Get your acne under control.
Clean your teeth.
Ensure fresh nice breath.
Get a nice shave.
Remove nose and ear hairs.
Dress in a co-ordinated fashion.
Wear deoderant.
Put on good cologne.
Jewellery.
As a side note, I'm going to read the entire DJ bible and darn its taking ages. One hour so far, and I'm still only half way through the first "Kill the desperation - Pook" post! Darn...

------------------
--
Nicholas - UK Don Juan
No-one's unique, because everyone's unique.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
clothes should be clean.
Either a full unibrow or two brows. Not a few hairs inbetween crap.
Clean, short fingernails and clean hands.

Good post, btw.

------------------
Hesitation leads to masturbation.

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you guys really make me wonder.

1. NO UNIBROW. Go to a professional salon and have your eyebrows trimmed into two separate ones if you're unsure how. This is not up for discussion.

2. Jewelry. The only jewelry a man should wear is a stylish metal/leather watch (ditch the casio) and MAYBE a simple silver or gold necklace. No rings, no bracelets, and make no attempt to "show off" any jewelry. It's tacky.

3. Fresh shave. Personally, I look better with a few days of no shaving. It does work on some of us. Just don't try to grow out a goatee, full beard or moustache if your "stubble" is in fact, peach fuzz. It looks more like dirt.

4. Shoes. Keep them clean and polished at all times. You can wear virtually any combination of mis-matched clothing and if your shoes are right for the occasion, you'll pull it off. No sneakers with collars is my general rule.

W

wheelin&dealin

Originally posted by crazykid:
Either a full unibrow or two brows. Not a few hairs inbetween crap.
Bahahahahahaha

I prefer people with full unibrows.

Vatican

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for those who want to get laid all the time, but to me any discussion of clothing/smell/vanity items, etc... is gay and pointless. If you want to find out what's up with you in this respect, ask somebody in IRL. Me personally, I dress like a bum and it weeds out a lot of women, so I just end up with the ones who seriously dig me for other things. Well, works for me.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vatican:
Good for those who want to get laid all the time, but to me any discussion of clothing/smell/vanity items, etc... is gay and pointless. If you want to find out what's up with you in this respect, ask somebody in IRL. Me personally, I dress like a bum and it weeds out a lot of women, so I just end up with the ones who seriously dig me for other things. Well, works for me.

LOL, how can you say personal grooming is gay!?? and pointless?!!

Its damn essential!!

You dont think the average woman who spends hours getting ready to go out wants to hook up with a bum do you?

Hey you MIGHT have been lucky and 'weeded' out most girls but you're missing out on A LOT more choices!

If YOU saw a sruffy girl who didnt take basic care of herself, would you still be attracted to her?? I doubt it!

Vatican

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pointless for me, man. It's because I'm lazy, and know that I can still pull plenty of girls without paying more than the most basic attention to grooming and hygiene.

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vatican, I agree that the talk about can appear gay and pointless, but there are some simple things a guy can do to improve his appearance without coming off as some vain mofo. If you'll notice, I've actually suggested that they do LESS than the list. Less jewelry, less shaving, less co-ordinating outfits.

Vatican, I pay attention to this stuff, but it's mostly second nature. I don't discuss it in public with others, and I can assure you that I pull more women (they do approach me, BTW) than you'd ever hope to with your slob approach.

Vatican

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You may pull more women than I do... as I've mentioned elsewhere, I have a low but powerful sex drive, and I'm not a man for number-fvcking. I like to take things slow and seductive, and the girls I get w/ my approach look as good as the ones you do w/ yours--by which I mean, mine look good to me, yours look good to you. We're both happy.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I'd prefer it if MORE tips on dressing/clothing/style were put up on the forums. Just because your women don't mind going with a bum doesn't mean your employers won't (hiring one, that is).

david_med@hotmail.com

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there is not much more u can do other than the simple poinst listed. anything additional wont make a damn difference.

dave

Don diego

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by david_med@hotmail.com:
there is not much more u can do other than the simple poinst listed. anything additional wont make a damn difference.

dave
for the DJ's that care about what they wear like nick, I would propose a midlenght jacket. we all know how important shoes are but in the open (specially in cold regions) your jacket/coat is the thing that gets noticed the most. plus it walks so cool

[This message has been edited by Don diego (edited 08-12-2002).]