"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Charisma

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
780
Reaction score
3
Location
International
Personally I think it's an extension of confidence which is just there. As has already been said, you cannot possibly be charismatic without being confident... you do not have to be outspoken in fact that would work against you, but you need to have a surity about yourself, know when to speak, crack that smile, hold eye contact etc... I mean, it's difficult to list what it encompasses which is why it is so difficult for someone to tell you what it is and then for you to 'learn' it

I'm not into astrology and the likes but I remember getting a Scorpio 'Garfield' bookmark when I was 14 or so and I still have it now... on the most brief verse on the front it comments on people of the starsign having 'personal magnitism' and attracting a lot of friends (and iron filings!)
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Titus,

You have your beliefs and that's great. In fact I think having that belief probably helps you. But come on, next you'll be telling us to take up Yogic flying to pull on the dance floor.

Someone mensioned some leaders and Charisma to counter my point on looks. However I still think it stacks up.

Churchill, Hitler they may have been great leaders and whip up a crowd, but never heard described as charismatic.

Clinton was also mensioned and I think to most women he is considered good looking, I've also heard the term charismatic used about him alot.

The nearest I can think of is Ghandi ugly little bloke, Charisma? possibly, but then he did a lot of chakra work, come on boys get your bells and smelly candles out :D :D :D
 

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
now that I think about it...you can learn to be charasmatic...

if u practice it everyday and are confident in urself! it will come to you!

I believe
 

Anaxibios

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Calgary, Can
Alpine, I think we'll have to disagree.

I think charisma has nothing to do with looks; hitler and churchill both had it, because without it they would never have been able to keep their respective countries in high morale during the war (both countries were on the point of collapse during this time and were saved by these speakers).

I believe charisma is not just about women, either, and I know some charismatic people who are not the most attractive human beings. They have a way of making you feel, however, which transforms them to a certain beauty, perhaps analogous to Titus' aura (i think i'll have to disagree about the direct effects of energy centers; i imagine your beliefs are linked to the other opinions here through the depths of the psyche)
 

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Messages
300
Reaction score
1
Location
Slovenia
Originally posted by Alpine
Titus,
You have your beliefs and that's great. In fact I think having that belief probably helps you. But come on, next you'll be telling us to take up Yogic flying to pull on the dance floor.
??
Eh?
Believes? Facts you mean. :D
And like it or not... charisma, aura, magnetism and all that crap all go onto the shelf with the "meditation, bioenergy, yoga" label. Unfortuonatly, most people run away even at the sight of those names.

Originally posted by Anaxibios
They have a way of making you feel, however, which transforms them to a certain beauty, perhaps analogous to Titus' aura (i think i'll have to disagree about the direct effects of energy centers; i imagine your beliefs are linked to the other opinions here through the depths of the psyche)
Yes. What you describe as "making you feel" is typical when your aura mixes (one's aura reaches about 1,5 meter around him in a sort of a bubble) with somebody else's aura that is stronger and cleaner then yours. It's kinda like smelling something that you really like... even if you're not entirely sure what it is, you still know for sure it's something good :D
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Titus,

Just kidding you a bit. I have been involved in allsorts of this stuff myself and find it useful.

I have been practicing Qi Gong for three years along with my martial arts training. I even did a course in Feng Shuie where I went around the corners of my house with a set of bells :rolleyes:

My favoutie is Tantra yoga, now you don't need charisma when you a well versed in that.

I'm a big believer in some form of meditation, but not necesarily from a spiritual standpoint, if that's not a contridiction.
 

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Messages
300
Reaction score
1
Location
Slovenia
Originally posted by Alpine
Titus,

Just kidding you a bit. I have been involved in allsorts of this stuff myself and find it useful.

I have been practicing Qi Gong for three years along with my martial arts training. I even did a course in Feng Shuie where I went around the corners of my house with a set of bells :rolleyes:
:D :D

Originally posted by Alpine
I'm a big believer in some form of meditation, but not necesarily from a spiritual standpoint, if that's not a contridiction.
Me neither. I want my loudmouth mind to finally shut up once and for all and my body to stop being so damn wooden. So far, i seem to be on the right track :)
 
Top