Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Changing Goals from Bulking up to Slimming down

Flyguy3663

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the last 4 months I have morphed my body from a 170 pound scrawny kid who did push-ups and used the same free weights every day to a round 190 pounds and only getting stronger every day. Actually I am more cut at 190 than I was at 170 before I started lifting moderate/heavy and doing it regularly. I gained most of the 20 pounds during a load of creatine and maintenance cycle and a good bulking diet for about 1 1/2 months.

I have basically toyed with bulking over the past few months but I think I am pretty happy with this size. Right now I want to lose about 3-5 pounds of fat from my body and get that 6 pack and more definition. I figure at 5'10-5'11 i could slim to around 185 or so and still keep most of my muscle.

Right now I cut back from 6-8 meals a day to 4-5 moderate meals with good healthy snacks like low fat cottage cheese and raisins or fruits and shyt like that. I am trying to save a few calories here and there and keep my weights heavy to keep the muscles growing. I think I will do some cardio 3 times a week. Most likely jumping rop for 30 mins or so first thing in the morning.

Anyways just wanted to know if any of you have any tips for slimming down while still keeping your muscle. I am actually consuming more protein than bulking because i dont want my body to see lack of calories and compensate by eating my muscles. If you have experience and any tips please post them.

Maybe we could make this the "CUTTING GUIDE".. I will post a before and after pic in about January to show how I'm doin with it.

Peace Guys

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know much about cutting}, but what I do know for sure is that you need to eat more times. I't much more important during cutting, cause you're gonna lose muscle if you don't. Of course, lower your calories, but keep your meals at the 6-7 range.

It'll be nice if someone, *cough*Diesel*cough*, posted a cutting guide.
I'm gonna start doing it in about 15 days & need some pointers, since my last cutting cycle was a complete failure.
I guess I didn't lower my calories enough for fear of losing my hard-earned muscle.

Actually, anyone who knows a lot should post it, Viroid, Soshyo, etc.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally during cutting, you lift more days per week, and do more excersizes, and split your body parts up more. This way you burn more calories. Make sure you don't eat a lot of carbs right before bed. Do a little running.

Basically where you stuff yourself during bulking, just don't stuff yourself as much. Cut back calories a little, but make sure most of the calories you cut are carbs. The carbs you want to eat is some whole wheat in the mornings, and green veggies and fruit otherwise. Stay strict and don't stray. Lift like a warrior.