Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can You Cut if you Drink A Lot

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am sure it is possible, but can you? I love alcohol.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am sure it is possible, but can you? I love alcohol.
Alcohol converts to glucose, even when you drink straight liquor. There is no way around that.

However, the answer to your question, like most other 'is it possible?' questions, is yes, but almost no one is willing to put in the work required. If you time your alcohol intake, along with your other carbs, in a 4-6 hour window after some extreme-intensity cardio, then the carbs/glucose will convert to muscle and not fat. The kind of cardio I am talking about would be training boxing, mma, or collegiate wrestling with competitive athletes. I suppose you could just run sprints until you drop, but no one is going to do that. I drank a six-pack of beer every night when I trained mma and had a better six-pack of abs than any other time in my life. New guys at mma, who often thought they were in great shape, would often crawl out the back door and puke from exhaustion....I did the same my first couple nights.

By the way, it's the same thing in regard to diet overall. I saw a lot of fighters who ate garbage food and were often too young and ignorant to know anything about diet and nutrition. But if you work your body hard enough, it doesn't matter, or at least you still end up at an elite level of fitness compared to a typical overweight American.

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
You can only serve one master. I recommend dropping booze. It salts game and health.
He is got a good point. alcohol doesn't really provide any benefit other than social grease. Much easier to pull women with a sexy lean look while being sober.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is got a good point. alcohol doesn't really provide any benefit other than social grease. Much easier to pull women with a sexy lean look while being sober.
I've been @ cold approach for nearly a decade. Imagine the sort of low testosterone cuck who requires booze to approach? Sees hawttttt baeeeeeee at the gym but needs to be inebriated to find his balls?

Alcohol throws off brain chemistry. It salts game.

U

user43770

I manage to drink and cut. All it takes is discipline, which most people don't have, as @Espi noted.

I'm strict Sunday through Thursday, and splurge a bit on the weekends.

My physique would definitely be better if I was strict every day of the week, but that sh1t makes life boring. It isn't like I'm getting paid to look good.

Also, being super fit really only pays at the pool or at the beach. Other than that it's just an ego boost.

It isn't like you get to 12% body fat and women suddenly want to fvck you. You have to run game either way, for the most part.

The key to looking good for a long time is finding something sustainable.

U

user43770

cut it. Sure it's fun but it has horrible consequences that aren't worth it IMO. When you are lean, shredded, and muscular, you LITERALLY feel like you are on cocaine 24/7 (I know this because I did coke twice, never doing it again). Your confidence and outlook on life will be so outrageous it literally feels like you are on a drug (in a good way). That's good ol' testosterone for ya (which alcohol kills btw ;)
This is absurd. It doesn't feel like you're on a drug. Only a person that has never done drugs would say this. You must have had some bad coke.

You get a testosterone boost, yes, which feels good initially, but it soon becomes the new normal, which means no prolonged good feelings.

@Bible_Belt has been open about his beer drinking, and he was still ripped.

Look, if you're very overweight, you should cut out alcohol until you reach a point you're happy with.

If you're already close, then substituting a few drinks here and there for food won't hurt you. Keep up with your calories. Liquor is better; keep beer to a minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user43770

The real problem, is the day after drinking.

You wake up with a hangover, and your inhibitions are still lowered because you're still a little drunk. And you don't feel like leaving the house, obviously.

Next thing you know, you're ordering a pizza with extra cheese and eating half of it in one sitting.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't. The whiskeys, bourbons, gins and vodkas are low carb and should be okay. As with anything, take it in moderation.

You'll be like this + fatter if you drink beers.

R

Ranger

Sorry but with all that sugar, especially grain sugar, your metabolic processes are dysfunctional.
Eventually you’ll get ED, which is actually an early symptom of diabetes.
Weigh the consequences. I tried to post a picture of my abs here but it says my file is too big to post.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry but with all that sugar, especially grain sugar, your metabolic processes are dysfunctional.
Eventually you’ll get ED, which is actually an early symptom of diabetes.
Weigh the consequences. I tried to post a picture of my abs here but it says my file is too big to post.
True, but if you stick the the clear bevs, it's okay once and a while. I rarely drink nowadays, but I understand how some people like it to relax and unwind.

jason1122

Reaction score
As the graphic points out, general guidelines are to drink 17 to 20 ounces of water 2 to 3 hours before exercising, another 8 ounces during your warm-up (or 20 to 30 minutes before exercising) 7 to 10 ounces every 10 to 20 minutes during exercise and 8 ounces of water within 30 minutes after exercising....

Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans