Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

C0ckblocking dude

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Met two girls at a party. One very hot, the other mediocre. Had very good rapport with the hot one, she was really digging me and things were going really well. However, some guy she knew came over saying hi to her. From that moment, he kept sticking around and obviously tried to take over from me, trying to interrupt the interaction between her and me.

Actually, the other girl also liked me and at some point I was talking to both of them at the same time. The guy was occupied with a friend of his at that point but as he saw me standing with the chicks, he came over, positioned himself behind the girls and put his arms around their necks like they were buddies.

So the three of them were standing opposite to me, him with his arms around the chicks, kinda isolating me.

I could see that the girls liked him but more like "Nice guy, nice to talk to, but not giving me any vagina tingles..." So I didn't really think of him as a threat and it was obvious that the girls were very much into me. However, the girls allowed him to take over the conversation, they made no effort to block him out or resist his c0ckblocking behavior. Obviously, that was MY responsibility. I know they liked me and weren't really interested in him, they would follow my lead if I took charge of the situation.

But I gotta admit that I suck at this stuff. The only thing I can come up with is to get really aggressive and tell him to fvck off before I punch his face in... Not the best way to navigate the situation, I guess. Girls don't want to hang around two guys who are about to punch each other, they will leave the scene and the guys end up with each other while the girls move on.

Countering with the same tactics doesn't work either. Trying to physically "claim" the girls and pulling them towards you will make them feel like they're being passed around like some object that two guys are fighting over. The situation becomes tense and the girls will move on.

So I know there are more subtle tactics to navigate these situations. Somehow make the guy look like a fool by saying something smart and witty, making him look bad to the girls and making yourself stand out with the girls. I want to finish the guy off like that, just being master of the situation and OWN him with words, to the point where he realizes he can't compete and runs off with his tail between his legs.

So give me your thoughts! How would you deal with the situation in general but more specifically with that moment where he put his arms around them, trying to isolate me?

Last edited:

GT40

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys a clown. Ignore him and go work the room like a champ. You have to show some resilience in that situation.
If the girls are into you they’ll follow. Be the Captain and show interest elsewhere

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The abundancy mentality argument as some people apply it in this situation, seems to me like a weak excuse for simply giving up.

I get the abundance mentality as a way to raise your attractiveness, coz if you internalize this mentality it will show through in your demeanor and your actions, which makes women perceive you as a man with options and higher value.

In that way, you use this mentality as a means to attract women.

But in the case of competing over a woman with another guy, some people seem to apply the mentality just as an excuse to avoid the competition. You basically give up and hand the woman over to your competitor, then rationalize this weak behavior by telling yourself "Oh but I didn't really care about scoring her, there will be plenty more opportunities to score women"

Yeah right...

Reminds me of AFC's who suck at scoring women because they act too nice and polite to them all the time. Then they rationalize their behavior, saying "If she doesn't want me for who I am, then I don't mind that I failed to score her".

Instead of giving up the fight and rationalizing it away, you could also choose to engage the competition and win. Dispose of the guy, beat him (figuratively), be victorious and take the girl.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The abundancy mentality argument as some people apply it in this situation, seems to me like a weak excuse for simply giving up.

I get the abundance mentality as a way to raise your attractiveness, coz if you internalize this mentality it will show through in your demeanor and your actions, which makes women perceive you as a man with options and higher value.

But in the case of competing over a woman with another guy, some people seem to apply the mentality just as an excuse to avoid the competition. You basically give up and hand the woman over to your competitor, then rationalize this weak behavior by telling yourself "Oh but I didn't really care about scoring her, there will be plenty more opportunities to score women"

Yeah right...

Reminds me of AFC's who suck at scoring women because they act too nice and polite to them all the time. Then they rationalize their behavior, saying "If she doesn't want me for who I am, then I don't mind that I failed to score her".

Instead of giving up the fight and rationalizing it away, you could also choose to engage the competition and win. Dispose of the guy, beat him (figuratively), be victorious and take the girl.

There shouldn't be competition

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is that by competing you're creating a prize. You just met the girl you don't know if she'll bang you so what is the prize?

lamsen

Reaction score
You basically give up and hand the woman over to your competitor, then rationalize this weak behavior by telling yourself "Oh but I didn't really care about scoring her, there will be plenty more opportunities to score women"
No. The idea is, that if you did your "work (for a lack of better term)" properly up to that point, you can -and should- leave without any doubts

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Typically with ****blockers if they are very obnoxious you'll want to check them but you do it in a funny way. You make a joke of the situation that puts him on the spot. The last time I suffered this bull**** when I was trying to talk to a girl this guy kept making smart comments so I turned to him and asked if he wanted to ask the woman out or something? I was going to give him the floor to do it. He kinda paused, got a bit flustered and then stammered out some crap. I said you always keep interrupting and making smart comments and he apologized and that was it.

If in the situation the woman who is talking you likes you then it doesn't really matter what happens but dealing with that from other guys is just annoying. Sometimes they know what's up to but want to rain on your parade.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bring the girls a couple of drinks, ask one of them to dance with you if there's music, ask for one of their phone numbers. Do all this in front of the guy. But don't hang around nor throw in the towel and walk away like the above posters are telling you to do. The guy is not going to go anywhere so you have to find a way to close.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All you had to do was put him on the spot! So easy. “Well, I see your boyfriend has shown up, guess I’ll leave you ladies alone. Have a nice night.” They’re either going to call him a friend in front of you which makes him look like he has a really small penis, or they’ll come find you in 10 mins to explain he wasn’t their boyfriend.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice one, Robert. Thanks!

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah right...

No. It's up to females to shut that shyt down.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All you had to do was put him on the spot! So easy. “Well, I see your boyfriend has shown up, guess I’ll leave you ladies alone. Have a nice night.” They’re either going to call him a friend in front of you which makes him look like he has a really small penis, or they’ll come find you in 10 mins to explain he wasn’t their boyfriend.
This one works.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah right...

You will look like a fool if you stay there and "engage". I mean, you're showing very low value to stick around those same girls the whole party, even if there wasn't a c*ckblocker there.