"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Business Men.

WinterFruit

New Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
States
If you had an opportunity to strike at the riches beyond your wildest dreams, but in order to do so it would require continual effort, and there would be no risks whatsoever, meaning you would not lose any money, would you still take this opportunity?


If you honestly answered Yes to this question you are one of the few people that have not been consumed by laziness.


If you had the same opportunity and still had to commit continual effort to it but there would be risks in taking this opportunity would you take it now?


If you honestly answered Yes to this question you are one of the few people that have not been consumed by fear.


From this short survey if you honestly answered No to these questions you have some work to do on yourself. But not to worry because you are not alone.

You know those people who have hourly or salary paying jobs but gripe that they dont make enough money to do what they want to do. I sure do because my parents are just like that.
I would ask for something and the reason they wouldnt give it to me is because we simply did not have enough money.

It is likely that these type of people would have answered No to question number 1 or 2. They are either the kind that would really like to be rich but are too afraid to take risks in doing so, or they would be the type that would risk investing money into something but not really working hard enough to become rich.

A good business man, however, would be able to truly answer yes to both of those questions. They take risks in investing all the time and are out researching and studying their buyers and companies all the time. They do their work and take their risks which is why they become successful. You always hear about the "rich relative" that owns a business from your friends and you hear the nice house they live in and the nice cars they drive. There seems to be a pattern with people that own their own business. They always seem to be making a lot of money.

So why is it that the hourly paid people and salary paid people are still working their jobs. If they want to become rich why don't they go out and do their research and invest? There could be a thousand reasons why honestly. But i would not doubt that the fear of taking risks and lack of commitment and effort had something to do with it.

I've noticed that the great business men out there are also the ones getting the ladies. Could it be that their risk taking behavior and their relentless efforts are part of the reason why they are getting the ladies? No, its because they have a lot of money. Haha, yes but not all women are that shallow to only go out with a guy for their money. But yes there are those type of women out there.

There is also the type of woman that would like a lover in their life. The type that would like to be held by someone on a Saturday night. They are just waiting for a man to come into their lives and create an impact on them.

They are waiting for a man who isn't lazy to rather do something else than to go out. They're waiting for a man who isn't scared of having a conversation with a woman. Wherever there are women, there is a time you must get off your lazy ass and conquer your fears. Conquer thyself and you will have conquered your dreams. Fear and laziness are the first things you need to conquer if you would like to become successful. After this, you will know from your experiences what to say and do with girls to become the suave business man that can talk all the deals and make all the right moves.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

HappyHobo

Banned
Joined
Jun 4, 2003
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Location
World of enlightenment
Great post.

I give this 5 stars *****

I've always noticed business men getting the ladies but never knew why.
I thought it was the money but it really isn't.
You are totally right on.

As far as improving yourself, i'd have to agree that conquering behaviors of inaction(lethargy) and psychological hinderment(fear) are the first things you should work on.
Everything else, such as, sense of humor, self-control, and confidence will come after that.

Very nice correlation.
 

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
Originally posted by HappyHobo
Great post.

I give this 5 stars *****

I've always noticed business men getting the ladies but never knew why.
I thought it was the money but it really isn't.
You are totally right on.

As far as improving yourself, i'd have to agree that conquering behaviors of inaction(lethargy) and psychological hinderment(fear) are the first things you should work on.
Everything else, such as, sense of humor, self-control, and confidence will come after that.

Very nice correlation.
Dead on the money



If you don't know, I started our company, well cofounded our company around 2 years ago. We are not a 15 million dollar a year company and growing at a rapid pace. I am just 20 years old, and I am not a genius although I am capable of doing my job at a high level. I did find that the job wasn't as technically hard as I thought it would be. Learning how do do a job was the easy part of what I had to do.

I used to wonder "why doesn't everyone start their own company?".

Over the last 2 years I know there are 2 main reasons.

1. People are lazy. I have and still do work 7 days a week. I don't ever take a day off, but I do schedule my day around doing something like going to the movies from time to time, but never just sit at home and "watch tv and chill" or anything like that. I usually work 100 hour weeks, and I working 10 hours honestly doesn't feel like a long time to me any longer. For instance today I got to work at 7am and I am still here, although I am wrapping up my day. Most people don't have that type of deciation towards anything. The same reason why most americans are fat, why most fall for "get rich quick schemes" and why most never amount to anything of any importance.


2. Giving up my personal life. I saw a girl who I used to be obsessed with 2 years ago yesterday. We were actually pretty close friends before we stopped talking, but I decided that I needed to end our friendship it if wasn't going anywhere, which it wasn't at the time. She asked me if I wanted to go and grab a bite to eat anytime this week, and I honestly had to say no becuase I won't have time to actually go out and take a lunch anytime this week. I can't be selfish and take a lunch, when I have over 50 people who's very livelyhood depend on my every move.

As stated before I have been doing what I do for 2 years, and I haven't dated or had sex in 2 years. Of course I would LIKE a girlfriend, but I have the rest of my life ahead of me and I know that this is the path that I choose and I have to stick with it. I would be sick to work as hard as I have for 2 years and give it up to start dating a girl that will probably break up with me when I am broke.

Anyway, I just wanted to point those things out.
 

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Messages
1,386
Reaction score
17
Location
Here
Originally posted by backbreaker
Dead on the money



If you don't know, I started our company, well cofounded our company around 2 years ago. We are not a 15 million dollar a year company and growing at a rapid pace. I am just 20 years old, and I am not a genius although I am capable of doing my job at a high level. I did find that the job wasn't as technically hard as I thought it would be. Learning how do do a job was the easy part of what I had to do.

I used to wonder "why doesn't everyone start their own company?".

Over the last 2 years I know there are 2 main reasons.

1. People are lazy. I have and still do work 7 days a week. I don't ever take a day off, but I do schedule my day around doing something like going to the movies from time to time, but never just sit at home and "watch tv and chill" or anything like that. I usually work 100 hour weeks, and I working 10 hours honestly doesn't feel like a long time to me any longer. For instance today I got to work at 7am and I am still here, although I am wrapping up my day. Most people don't have that type of deciation towards anything. The same reason why most americans are fat, why most fall for "get rich quick schemes" and why most never amount to anything of any importance.


2. Giving up my personal life. I saw a girl who I used to be obsessed with 2 years ago yesterday. We were actually pretty close friends before we stopped talking, but I decided that I needed to end our friendship it if wasn't going anywhere, which it wasn't at the time. She asked me if I wanted to go and grab a bite to eat anytime this week, and I honestly had to say no becuase I won't have time to actually go out and take a lunch anytime this week. I can't be selfish and take a lunch, when I have over 50 people who's very livelyhood depend on my every move.

As stated before I have been doing what I do for 2 years, and I haven't dated or had sex in 2 years. Of course I would LIKE a girlfriend, but I have the rest of my life ahead of me and I know that this is the path that I choose and I have to stick with it. I would be sick to work as hard as I have for 2 years and give it up to start dating a girl that will probably break up with me when I am broke.

Anyway, I just wanted to point those things out.
Man, we have GOT to talk! I'm also 20 and running a rapidly growing company. I thought i was the only one until now :) Check your PMs!
 
Top