Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bump in the road: DJ replies/advice needed *please*

Reaction score
Okay, so, I've hit a small snag in my plans to get this girl at my work... for a recap just read this thread .

I had a date with her for Friday night, but she ended up calling me and realizing that it was her homecoming weekend at her high school, so she had to be at the game. This was off-putting at first, but she seemed really apologetic, not to mention the fact that she made a counter-offer for early this coming week. My theory is that she was so eager to agree to the date that I proposed, she agreed to a time she knew she was busy just so that there wouldn't be any hesitation in the signals she was giving me.

Anyway, that's not the bump in the road... I'm fine with that. The snag is this: my friends wanted me to go see a movie with them Friday night, and back when the date was still on, I told them no, and explained why. No biggie. Unfortunately, a bunch of my friends happen to work at my store and the word spread like wildfire. So today at work I got a ton of props, first of all, and a ton of playful joking from fellow staff members (i.e.: "Soooooo... how about you and HBNiceAss, eh?? wink wink).

Now I don't give two shyts, since this situation has made my social proof explode to newfound heights. What I'm worried about is this: there's a staff party on monday at work, and it's gonna be her first day back since I asked her out since she was off all weekend for her homecoming stuff. I'm worried about the idea of everyone going right up to her and joking around about us, as it will make it seem like I went and told the whole staff about our date plans in excitement. Worse yet, we never even actually went out, so it seems twice as bad.

Here are my options, as I figure it:

1.) I can call her tomorrow afternoon and suggest a date tomorrow night. I haven't called her since Thursday, but since her counter-offer was for more like monday or tuesday, I don't want to seem to anxious by calling before the original counter offer (which was never set in stone, by the way... we just agreed to discuss it early in the week). If I actually go out with her before the party, it won't matter if people say stuff, because it's not like I'm going to hide the fact that I'm on a date from my friends.

2.) I can call her tomorrow afternoon and just warn her that the whole staff knows about our inital date plan. I'm afraid this looks a little AFC, but I think it's better than her finding out the day of the staff party.

The bottom line is, from her perspective, I asked her out in private, she had to cancel, she thinks we're going out again sometime early next week. The reality is that the entire staff blew this way out of proportion, and I don't want her to get weirded out.

I've been so smooth in this situation thus far, I don't want things to fall apart now. I would consider myself a DJ, but I am truly stuck for what to do here. Serious DJ replies would be entirely appreciated, as I need an outside viewpoint right now... I'm pretty stressed about this whole thing since it's been running like clockwork before this bump. Thanks in advance DJs!

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
and

Courage is not the absense of fear? your quote? Read it, learn it, live it. This just aint no thang.

Reaction score
Agreed... I'd say that I've been pretty bold in my actions with her thus far. My concern isn't my own fear, it's apprehension at how she will percieve this situation. I'm trying to defuse a possible game-killer. I don't want her to think that I paraded around to everyone on our staff with our personal business.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WORRY

Dont worry, just let it through to the keeper if she asks, you know? Just laugh it off as typical.

Reaction score
Re: WORRY

Originally posted by Sart
Dont worry, just let it through to the keeper if she asks, you know? Just laugh it off as typical.
You know, that's one of the options I was initially considering... so I wouldn't say anything to her before I see her again and just deal with things under the gun? I suppose that could keep me appearing detatched, but my instinct is to try and prepare her in some way. I will think about this suggestion, though...