Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

bulking up without gym?

TomN

Don Juan
Reaction score
My main problem is that I'm a poor student who spends most of his money on the necessities, thus having little spending money left. I can't afford spending money to go to a gym. What are some exercises I could do to bulk up if I can't go to the gym and I have very little access to equipment?

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Save up to go to a gym or get a home weight set. Bulking up is hard too if you don't got the right nutrients and supplements to be pumping in your body. I imagine a decent weight set is about $300 and has probably at least 10 features on it. Get some barbells, etc. It seems like a lot but considering how some gyms charge $50 a month, in the long run (if you're poor for a while) you're better off getting the equipment.

You can try crunches and situps but thats only to get defined abs. Pushups get decent arms as do pull ups but they're so limited in what they do. If you want nice arms, barbells are your friend. Get probably like 15, 25, and 50 lb barbells (a pair of each) and that's probably enough to give you some great arm workouts because there are tens of upper body lifts that can be done with just those.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You could get a part-time job at the gym and they'll give you free membership.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat a high calorie, high carb and high protein diet. Shoot for 10,000 calories per day. Gallons of milk, Guiness etc. Lots of saturated fat - lard is good. Screw the gym, do as little exercise as possible unless it's to lift the beer to your mouth - try watching TV for hours on end whilst stuffing your face every 30 minutes. This should get you going.

Last edited:

atomsk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Templeton
Eat a high calorie, high carb and high proetin diet. Shoot for 10,000 calories per day. Gallons of milk, Guiness etc. Lots of saturated fat - lard is good. Screw the gym, do as little exercise as possible unless its to lift the beer to your mouth - try watching TV for hours on end whilst stuffing your face every 30 minutes. This should get you going.
hmm, true, that will bulk you up, but you will die soon after :p

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Save up and get a weight set - look in the newspaper for a used one. The investment will be worth it. You can afford it if you want to... I saw an olympic weight set + bench in the paper for $300 the other day.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Screw it dude. If you are too poor to get a gym membership, you are too poor to bulk up. Let's not forget the proper nutrition required to bulk. We're talking $75-$125 per month to bulk properly.

steveoo5

Don Juan
Reaction score
u dont need money to bulk up, be creative, bench press a bookshelf, squat a table, curl a chair, lift bricks, do whatever. i bulked up by lifting buckets of sand, and wrestling pigs (on the farm)

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I wanna wrestle pigs:)

And yeah, u can bulk up without expencive training equipment and cemicals, man have been doing it for hundreds of years. I'm trying to do this at the moment, cos I'd rather not spend the money on suplements and things that "make my pee green".
I'm just eating everything. Chickens as snacks and so forth. I've been "blessed" witha high metabolism though, so I've really got to go at it, but I figure its better for me. Just write down what you eat at the moment, then double it, then tripple it, and so forth. And get a manual labor job, work as a labourer on a building site or something. Or wresle pigs.

You must be able to bulk up "naturally", or am I totally wrong?:confused:

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You aren't wrong about bulking up "naturally," how do you think the burly Vikings or Roman soldiers got big? They sure weren't going to a gym and lifting weights or taking supplements. If you do enough physical work you will get bigger, just not as quickly or efficiently as you would if you followed what others say.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you need a REALLY cheap way to get muscle and work out, just get an empty beer keg (in a junkyard I think) and load it with water, and do crap like clean and presses, until you become strong as hell with a ton of stability. And get a used truck tire that weighs a heavy weight and do strongman-style tire flips. Get two half-sized metal kegs, load them with water, sand or something heavier, and do walking lunges with 'em. Search for info about other cheap workout equipment like this. Doing these and getting very strong in them will get you at least some size.