Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bulimia at work...bizarre stuff

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I waited on a woman today that is Bulimic and came to our restaurant on a binge and purge spree. Holy hell I have NEVER seen anything so screwed up as this before.

The woman started off with French Onion soup. First it was just a cup of it...but she really liked it a lot. She went on to order 3 more BOWLS of the stuff. She also order two Chicken Satays, 2 stuffed shrimp appetizers, 5 shrimp ****tails, two orders or french fries, a clam strip lunch, two marinated steak tips lunches, two cheeseburger lunches, 3 tall Stoli Vodkas with grapefruit juice, a Michelob Ultra and about 6 freaking lemons worth of lemon wedges. She asked to be sat off in a section by herself without anyone around her. She had me running around for two hours straight, seriously. She'd eat a bunch of food and then go to the bathroom and make herself throw up. Then she'd flag me over and order more stuff! Jeebus! She binged and purged over $200 worth of food in 2 hours! I couldn't believe it. Once I realized what she was doing I felt awful bringing any food to her because I sort of felt like I was enabling her. At the same time there was the hope that maybe she'd at least hold in a little bit of the nourishment from all that stuff. The boss said she's been away for about a year and that she's loaded and if he refused to serve her she would just go elsewhere and get service there because of how much she spends. She wasn't really trying to be discreet about what she was doing, either. This has got to rank as one of the top 2 most bizarre waitress experiences I've ever had. It comes in second only to the drunk elderly man that told me he was a human tripod and "demonstrated" by flopping his wrinkly old d*ck out and letting it hang flaccid from his trousers. :eek:

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought that I was the only one pulling that human tripod routine. Apparently I let that slip out too early and it is coming back to bite me on the ass.

I dated a bulimic and good god she was messed up. Your boss has a point but if every server in town would just come to their senses and say no than were would she go? I know it would never happen in real life but still how can you go ahead and make it easy for her?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by belividere
I know it would never happen in real life but still how can you go ahead and make it easy for her?
Hey, it's her money, and it's her life. It's not the server's responsibility or obligation to discontinue service to a customer because they think that what that person is doing is wrong. In fact, I'm sure that the woman could find some legal ground on which to stand if she was ever refused service. (If she's loaded, she'll have a good lawyer...) After all, short of spying on her in the bathroom (invading her privacy), who's to say that she's not just a very, very hungry person? What she chooses to do with the food she pays for is her own decision.

There is no doubt that she needs psychiatric help and counselling... however, that shouldn't come from the employees of a restaurant. Basically, it's not on you to impose your values and beliefs onto someone else. Nobody is "making it easy on her"... The only person that can get her to stop is her. Well, that or her husband, if he were to have her committed.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ever notice that these chicks with eating disorders come from families that are loaded?

you will never see a poor girl eat one expensive meal and then stick her finger down her throat to get rid of it.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats becuase poor girls don't even have enough food to eat, much less throw up.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It comes in second only to the drunk elderly man that told me he was a human tripod and "demonstrated" by flopping his wrinkly old d*ck out and letting it hang flaccid from his trousers
hahaha

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by belividere
I thought that I was the only one pulling that human tripod routine. Apparently I let that slip out too early and it is coming back to bite me on the ass.

I dated a bulimic and good god she was messed up. Your boss has a point but if every server in town would just come to their senses and say no than were would she go? I know it would never happen in real life but still how can you go ahead and make it easy for her?
Forgot I posted about this until someone mentioned bulimia on another thread I was reading.

You know belividere...right, wrong or indifferent, the woman is mentally ill. People with bulimia actually intend to eat healthy when they start eating. Their illness takes over and since they've starved themselves for awhile they just can't stop. Then they feel immense guilt for eating so much and go get rid of it. But the compulsive cycle is still active, so they have to keep eating. That's how the binge and purge cycle happens. It's not planned. I've known a few women with bulimia. One is recovered and when we used to hang out a lot she talked a lot about it because two of our other friends decided to take that route to lose weight. Neither one of them even needed to lose any weight.

Anyway...I'm sure the woman feels bad enough about her illness and is pretty embarassed by it. Refusing to serve her or asking her to leave would likely only cause her to feel so badly that her binge and purge session at the next restaurant would have been twice as bad as it was at the place I work. Compassion and understanding and treating people with dignity isn't a bad thing in my book. I felt bad about it at first, but after thinking about it I think treating her like I would any other guest perhaps lessened how severe the cycle could have been.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
hahaha
Yeah...it's comical now...but it wasn't so funny when the old geezer tried to introduce me to a one-eyed soldier that should have been put into retirement a long a$$ time ago. It was downright disturbing! :eek: