Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bragging - I need input and it's usefull for everyone

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bragging is typically motivated by insecurity. If you are truly proud of what you are doing and confident in yourself and your success, you dont need anyone else to validate that.

Bragging is a blatant attempt to get acceptance among the group you are seeking validation. And it is often very very empty. Let your actions speak louder than your words.

Drive up in a Maserati? People wont have questions about your financial success.

Have a fine dame on your arm? You dont need to brag about your success with women.

Travel all over the world? People wont question your free spirit.

Let your actions do the talking, not your flapping lips. Talk is cheap!

In the words of my man David Deida,
"She wants to feel that your happiness is not dependent on her response... she wants to feel you are a superior man."

Last edited:

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a problem bragging too, ever since junior high/high school. I grew up in a very Christian environment/school so they hated the bragging, in baseball rightly so though, it was confirmed. At other times, it would take a lot to prove you're legit. Displayed on the field/mound, there's proof. It's like Connor McGregor, if he wins, then who cares if he brags cause he's confirmed he's "the best" blah blah.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bragging is typically motivated by insecurity. If you are truly proud of what you are doing and confident in yourself and your success, you dont need anyone else to validate that.

Bragging is a blatant attempt to get acceptance among the group you are seeking validation. And it is often very very empty. Let your actions speak louder than your words.

Drive up in a Maserati? People wont have questions about your financial success.

Have a fine dame on your arm? You dont need to brag about your success with women.

"She wants to feel that your happiness is not dependent on her response... she wants to feel you are a superior man."
Yes! How did I leave that part out of my reply? It's in my signature after all.

Actions over words. Demonstrate, never explicate. Talk is cheap.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Some folks have mini mes and like the attention from bragging.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bragging is bad because no one else cares about your ambitions, success, and accomplishments. You are deluding yourself if you think they do.
A few people do care most wont and many will be threatened by you breaking the status quo.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I am doing very well, I feel great. It is because I work out a lot, I eat very healthy, look healthy because of that and I feel confident.

Next to that I got a couple of carreer options as a great job opportunity or a chance to start my own business in 2 months.

I am someone who braggs because im so AMBITIOUS to achieve my goals in life. It's in my nature, when I was a kid I was kind of agressive. I'm tanned guy with divorced parents and I growed up in a village with only white people. My parents hate eachother from my childhood and it affected me also. I have a attitude from my childhood and growed up as someone who always wanted to be a boss and show off. I am not proud about it but this is who I am.
I started to do boxing to learn to defend myself from older guys who tried to bully me and I threatened them years later in bars when I ran into them, and my reputation feared them off. In those days I fought a lot in bars and got locked up 10s of times by the police for a day or two and got a lot of fines because of that. Next to that I was a popular kid with loads and loads of friends so I had a FUN childhood also.

One day I bettered myself completely when I was like 19 and I never fought again on the streets for 7 years now. I am just trying to explain my childhood, so you guys understand my character.

Now, I was always kind of a bragger, I like to show off who I am, what Im proud of, my skills and go on. People don't always like that, I lost friends because of it and loads of people hate me because of it, but I also have loads of friends who love me for who I am because I love to motivate my friends and help them with trouble.
Anyway one of my best friends yesterday told me. '' Man I really like you, your my best friend but dude you bragg too much about business your going to start, what your good at and some people hate you for that'' also ''I don't think its good to bragg to girls on dates or your plates''

I was really thinking about this. I also show off my appartment (its kind of nice) and myself on snapchat. I got all my plates and friends on it so is that a good thing or bad? Just trying to understand what will work in my best interest. Use the replies guys, knowledge is key. Or appointments with my accountant (for the business im going to do, I put it on snapchat) and tell girls on dates what my skills are and that I want to start a business and live my dreams and travel the world.

What do you guys think of telling people in general and especially girls what you want to do on business plans, make money, live independant. The thing is, the majority of people want that life but know deep inside that they will never achieve it, so they are going to hate on people like me and you (all SS'ers hopefully) that want to achiev greatness. I lose friends because of that sometimes. What about bragging about boxing skills that I sometimes do too. Guys don't think im such a sick ass bragger or something, but well im NOT MODEST at all.

And understand: This is not made up, or game or anything, ITS JUST ME. This is who I always was, very clear about what Im good at. And it worked for me in some cases but I get a lot of hate because of it too. And what about girls and being confident and on the other hand modest or braggg?

I am the alpha guy, with the big mouth, showing off who's the boss and that you can't f8ck with me. Its just me..

I get a lot of hate for it, but LOADS of respect too, all ballers, drug dealers, bad guys, great kickboxers, black/arab whatever that are in the clubs in my region know me, greet me and respect me, they know that they can't f8ck with me because of my confident attitude and reputation. I enjoy this status, but should I try to
become more modest and chill out.
All about balance. Here’s the thing if someone tells you about how great they are and how they know xyz person or they drive xyz car it gets boring and comes off too try hard.

Modesty scores loads of points. In fact underselling will curry favor much more than overselling.

However, the braggart is part of who you are so the key is strike a balance.

Take the best parts of your braggadocio and mix in softer aspects to give yourself more depth.

Too much in your face will push people away but mix in the softer aspects with the confidence and people will stick around.

Soldier King

Banned
Reaction score
Bodybuilding.com forum to complete mission.
Hello Gambino, I have thought long and hard on how to answer you and even told others my answer to you before I even write it.

First off, it's normal to be proud of your achievements and sometimes you just want people to know what you have done, especially if you have earned it, nothing wrong with that.

But let me add 2 things that I think will help you.

First, if you want to brag about something, then before you do, give credit to God. For instance G-d blessed me with this. "I give glory to God for my success". Because all of your blessings do come from G-d, you can be high and be made low quickly, and you could be made high from low in an instant as well.

2nd I want to give you a perspective to think about. The power of humility. A fun example story: say you help someone on the street but don't tell anybody, then that person turns out to be the mother of the girl you are dating, imagine how much more respect she will give you when you didn't tell her about what you did, but found out on her own.
Ok that one is a stretch. Here is a better example from a reverse perspective. You meet a beautiful girl and she is humble, she just talks normally with you, later you find out on your own she's valedictorian, or won an internationally recognized award or something else amazing that you really respect. How much more do you respect that girl and want her?

Now I'm not gonna tell you this is easy. It takes high security in yourself. This culture is if you got it flaunt it. And in a way you are just using what you were blessed with if you announce to people what you have.

So I'm not actually giving an answer in conclusion :).

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Gambino, I have thought long and hard on how to answer you and even told others my answer to you before I even write it.

First off, it's normal to be proud of your achievements and sometimes you just want people to know what you have done, especially if you have earned it, nothing wrong with that.

But let me add 2 things that I think will help you.

First, if you want to brag about something, then before you do, give credit to God. For instance G-d blessed me with this. "I give glory to God for my success". Because all of your blessings do come from G-d, you can be high and be made low quickly, and you could be made high from low in an instant as well.

2nd I want to give you a perspective to think about. The power of humility. A fun example story: say you help someone on the street but don't tell anybody, then that person turns out to be the mother of the girl you are dating, imagine how much more respect she will give you when you didn't tell her about what you did, but found out on her own.
Ok that one is a stretch. Here is a better example from a reverse perspective. You meet a beautiful girl and she is humble, she just talks normally with you, later you find out on your own she's valedictorian, or won an internationally recognized award or something else amazing that you really respect. How much more do you respect that girl and want her?

Now I'm not gonna tell you this is easy. It takes high security in yourself. This culture is if you got it flaunt it. And in a way you are just using what you were blessed with if you announce to people what you have.

So I'm not actually giving an answer in conclusion :).
Homie this post was from like 2 years ago. The dude hasn’t even been in the website in over month at this point lol

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bragging is qualifying yourself to people in need for validation.

Nobody gives a sh1t about you and your accomplishments. If anything, you will just annoy them and remind them of their own incompetence.

You are dealing with human egos. The ego only cares about itself and what can benefit it.

Are you telling people how to achieve success or just telling them that you achieved success?

If you are not telling them how to achieve success, then they have no use for you. You are not giving any value to them. You are just taking value by trying to fish for validation, and this turns a lot of people off.

When people become high value, they develop an over inflated sense of self, but then they quickly realize the world couldn’t care less about them and how great they are. If anything, it’s annoying unless you are offering people the path to success.
But the way the world is the people you share that with will normally turn on you.

Soldier King

Banned
Reaction score
Bodybuilding.com forum to complete mission.
true friends will be happy for each other when someone grows. They should push you to improve. It's good to have people that are better than you in some way as your friend because you can learn and get inspired, not stay complacent.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I am doing very well, I feel great. It is because I work out a lot, I eat very healthy, look healthy because of that and I feel confident.

Next to that I got a couple of carreer options as a great job opportunity or a chance to start my own business in 2 months.

I am someone who braggs because im so AMBITIOUS to achieve my goals in life. It's in my nature, when I was a kid I was kind of agressive. I'm tanned guy with divorced parents and I growed up in a village with only white people. My parents hate eachother from my childhood and it affected me also. I have a attitude from my childhood and growed up as someone who always wanted to be a boss and show off. I am not proud about it but this is who I am.
I started to do boxing to learn to defend myself from older guys who tried to bully me and I threatened them years later in bars when I ran into them, and my reputation feared them off. In those days I fought a lot in bars and got locked up 10s of times by the police for a day or two and got a lot of fines because of that. Next to that I was a popular kid with loads and loads of friends so I had a FUN childhood also.

One day I bettered myself completely when I was like 19 and I never fought again on the streets for 7 years now. I am just trying to explain my childhood, so you guys understand my character.

Now, I was always kind of a bragger, I like to show off who I am, what Im proud of, my skills and go on. People don't always like that, I lost friends because of it and loads of people hate me because of it, but I also have loads of friends who love me for who I am because I love to motivate my friends and help them with trouble.
Anyway one of my best friends yesterday told me. '' Man I really like you, your my best friend but dude you bragg too much about business your going to start, what your good at and some people hate you for that'' also ''I don't think its good to bragg to girls on dates or your plates''

I was really thinking about this. I also show off my appartment (its kind of nice) and myself on snapchat. I got all my plates and friends on it so is that a good thing or bad? Just trying to understand what will work in my best interest. Use the replies guys, knowledge is key. Or appointments with my accountant (for the business im going to do, I put it on snapchat) and tell girls on dates what my skills are and that I want to start a business and live my dreams and travel the world.

What do you guys think of telling people in general and especially girls what you want to do on business plans, make money, live independant. The thing is, the majority of people want that life but know deep inside that they will never achieve it, so they are going to hate on people like me and you (all SS'ers hopefully) that want to achiev greatness. I lose friends because of that sometimes. What about bragging about boxing skills that I sometimes do too. Guys don't think im such a sick ass bragger or something, but well im NOT MODEST at all.

And understand: This is not made up, or game or anything, ITS JUST ME. This is who I always was, very clear about what Im good at. And it worked for me in some cases but I get a lot of hate because of it too. And what about girls and being confident and on the other hand modest or braggg?

I am the alpha guy, with the big mouth, showing off who's the boss and that you can't f8ck with me. Its just me..

I get a lot of hate for it, but LOADS of respect too, all ballers, drug dealers, bad guys, great kickboxers, black/arab whatever that are in the clubs in my region know me, greet me and respect me, they know that they can't f8ck with me because of my confident attitude and reputation. I enjoy this status, but should I try to become more modest and chill out.
Your identity is more a fluid thing unless your mind has fossilized. You can be anything you want to be.

Your stature will increase by gaining more awareness on how you actually come across vs how you perceive yourself as coming across.

A braggart diminishes their value every time they brag. That’s why it’s called bragging.