Boxers vs Football players

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, just had to make this smartazz thread, as there has been so many "boxers" Vs "......" lately. Here is some latest news on Shannon Briggs, who gave Lennox Lewis a very tough fight quiet a few years back now:

NEWS FLASH
Briggs loses $2m lawsuit!
By Erika Alvarez
Heavyweight Shannon Briggs was ordered to pay $2 million to former University of Miami football player Brian Stinson. A Miami jury sided with Stinson who claimed Briggs attacked him and broke his eye socket in a 2001 brawl at Club Krave in Miami Beach. Briggs testified that he was defending himself after being jumped by Stinson and some of his teammates. Briggs said he will appeal.
Saturday, January 22 2005

www.fightnews.com

One for the boxers :D

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, that sounds like a pretty hard f*ckin punch. But i mean, that's understandable, you have a trained heavyweight professional vs a college football player (football players arent even fighters, they're just big).

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
clooney, what about http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEpyVulFyZMWnJfMSV.html

Lewis was quoted by the Sunday Mirror as saying "I've had to listen to a lot of rubbish from Klitschko and he is starting to get on my nerves. I'm making a comeback later this year. The money is up to 21 million pounds (US$39.3 million) right now and I simply can't turn that much cash down. I'm going to start training seriously and I'm going back to England to start sorting this out. I need the money just like everyone else and it's just too good to turn down
I've been waiting to see this rematch forever.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, yeah I agree, its pretty understandable, haha. I was just taking the pizz out of all these "boxers" vs threads lately.

Yeah mindovermatter, that rematch would be great. But did you read the top of the article, it aint happening now. Lewis was going to make a comeback apparently due to money issues, as he lost a lot in court and also had huge tax bills. However, he is the fight will not go ahead anymore.

I would love to see the rematch, but Lewis is real old now and way past it, Klit would dominate him IMHO if Lewis were to come back.