Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Books about WEALTH (with mini-reviews)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone keeps asking me, "what books should I be reading if I want to become wealthy?" I have listed most of these in other threads, but once again here are a few that helped me.

-Building Wealth, by Russ Whitney

Some outdated info, but with good info on getting creative with money. My first real estate book.

-Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki

Great illustration of how the wealthy think differently than the poor. VERY IMPORTANT to understand this stuff. Also make sure you read the other books in this series. Don't expect a how-to book or you will be disappointed!

-Nothing Down for the 90's by Robert Allen

I think there is an updated version available. Again, some dated info but overall a good book for learning the creative stuff

-From Credit Repair to Credit Millionaire, by Donna L. Fox

Some great info on building, repairing, and mantaining credit. A pricier book ($40 I think??) but it opened my eyes to lots of stuff.

-Real Estate Investing From A to Z by William H. Pivar

Not much of the creative stuff, but gives a more in-depth presnetation of RE investing in general.

-No Cash, No Fear by Terry Allen

Very informative, eye opening, and at times even amusing look at how creativity RULES when it comes to investing. An easy and entertaining read. I absolutely LOVED chapter 7 where he explains how he creatively managed to SELL A BOOK BEFORE IT WAS EVEN WRITTEN! Truly amazing stuff. Read, re-read, and take lots of notes, this is how it's done.

-The E-Myth Revisited, by Michael E. Gerber

Although it is pretty much a teaser to get you to buy his other materials, it opened my eyes to many mistakes I was making in business. Very valuable for preventing you from getting stuck in the small business owner mentality.

-INFLUENCE The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini, Ph.D.

Although not directly related to investing or wealth, this is a phenomenal book for anyone who can benefit from being able to influence others (pretty much everyone). One of my favorites.

-Owning a No-Cash-Down Business by Arnold S. Goldstein, J.D., Ph.D.

Brilliant book about using creativity (I love that word) instead of cash to buy businesses. Really good stuff. I loved the book, so imagine my surprise to find out that one of my best friends knows the author personally. I'm hoping to get a chance to meet him eventually.

-Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth, by T. Harv Eker

Haven't read this book personally, but my ex bought it recently and at first glance it looked like a great book. Looks like more of a "minset" book than a how-to, but very important info similar to the RichDad series.

---------------------------------------

This list is FAR from complete. Do your own research, there are lots of great books out there.

Also be sure to look into course material by Carleton Sheets and some of the other "guru's" (Hint- If you are on a tight budget Ebay has them used)

One final tip. Some of you may wonder why I didn't mention The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley, William D. Danko. The reason is that although I don't doubt their research, they failed to account for how time factors into becoming rich. They say that the "average" millionaire is fifty seven years old. You don't want to wait that long to be rich, do you? If you want to become wealthy in a relatively short period of time some of the stuff that they wrote about is going to hold you back. If you still want to read the book feel free, but keep in mind that not all millionaires are created equal...

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked the E-Myth. It even helps for freelancer work, you realise there are a lot of things you could delegate/automate.
(Although from a non-business view, I don't really like the whole automation idea, as it seems to depreciate the value of real quality)

For Australians, I also liked Jan Somers' books on property investing (completely focused on the Australian environment). Although I remember Robert Kiyosaki said to us, "I like Australia, but I would never invest in property here" :D

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This should keep my busy for the next 6 months. Thanks for this. I appreciate the time you take to help us out

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. I've already read some of those, and I'll be sure to look into the rest.

Haven't you suggested Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill in the past? I know it's a well known book - what are your thoughts?

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think about Trump: The Art of the Deal by Donald Trump? I personally recommend it, since its taught me a LOT.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't read either one of those books, can't comment.

There is a lot to be learned even from the life stories of people like Henry Ford, Rockefeller, and others even if they aren't how to books. You have to consider that some of the info will be completely outdated, but usually these guys have the core qualities and you can learn much from their style.