Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

BMW reliability question (3 series or M3)

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have recently qualified for a 10,000 dollar loan if I am paying 300 dollars a month, with 400 dollars down. Right now, I can probably put way more down. Up until now, all I've considered is an Acura Integra, but if any previous BMW owners can tell me how their experience has been, I'd be happy.

The only M3's I can find that are 12,000 dollars or less are mid-to-late 90's but have over 100,000 miles on them. For an M3, or even a 3-series, how bad is that? Is it basically a crapper, or is it akin to Honda, where 100,000 miles = 50,000 miles on any other make? (assuming the car was well maintained beforehand, and not shredded, beaten down and left to the vultures)

gfighta

Reaction score
I own a 1988 E30 M3 with 100k miles on it. The engine is strong and the car is rock solid. It's not very fast in a straight line but get in the twisties and I have found that very few cars car keep up. For the money you will have a hard time finding a car that is more fun to drive.

Having said that finding a good condition one is getting harder and harder. If the car is in good shape and has been maintained then the milage is not a problem. The key to buying an E30 M3 is to find out the history of the car because if it hasn't been maintained they can cost a lot of fix.

Here's my M3 site with lots of info on the E30 M3.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a 2001 BMW 325I that I bought brand new. When I first got it it had all kinds of problems mainly with the cooling system that caused it to heat up. I finally had it fixed and was pretty much trouble free until it was stolen almost a year later.

Other than that, the 3 series is probably the best model in the BMW lineup.