Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Black women and fatness

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does being a victim have to do with food accessibility?
In an earlier posting, you claimed lack of acceptability to healthier foods = victim fatness.
I have good news. A person that doesn't want to feign victim-hood can access public transportation for better selection. Or... (are you sitting down, EyeBRollin?) perhaps they could do a daytime walk to a place (which would burn calories).

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In an earlier posting, you claimed lack of acceptability to healthier foods = victim fatness.
I have good news. A person that doesn't want to feign victim-hood can access public transportation for better selection. Or... (are you sitting down, EyeBRollin?) perhaps they could do a daytime walk to a place (which would burn calories).
I agree. However, why are you ignoring the impracticality of what you just suggested?

I gave an example; I’m considered upper middle class. My neighborhood is surrounded by healthy options. I have to drive further to find unhealthy options. Do you think this is a coincidence?

I’ll reiterate - if someone wants to be healthy they can make it happen. That said, why is it so much more convenient for people with money to get better food?

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. However, why are you ignoring the impracticality of what you just suggested?

I gave an example; I’m considered upper middle class. My neighborhood is surrounded by healthy options. I have to drive further to find unhealthy options. Do you think this is a coincidence?

I’ll reiterate - if someone wants to be healthy they can make it happen. That said, why is it so much more convenient for people with money to get better food?
thank you.. wanting acknowledgement of our reality doesn't mean we want hand outs or to be coddled. It doesn't mean we encourage giving up. You can point out real problems while encouraging perseverance at the same time

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poor people work more hours and often hold multiple jobs. Higher income people have:

More convenient hours to shop
More time to shop and cook
More access to personal transportation
Better education> more desire to keep learning> better appreciation of good nutrition.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a research paper on fat black women back in grad school. Don’t know why I chose fat black women but I was stunned when I saw that 40% of African American women were obese. A lot of them work multiple jobs, have multiple kids with no father figure so have no time to go to a gym, and live in dangerous neighborhoods where they can't just go out and jog. Their entire social-economic lifestyle is conducive to obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

It's true that it is mostly their fault. At some point they let themselves go. There’s also the high birth rate among black teens.

Admittedly, the majority of my education was based on how people are victims and the government have to compensate for them through special programs, so my thinking might be skewed.

Feels kind of weird talking about something besides seduction. Sometimes I forget I’m a grown man with a job/life outside so suave.
Yes
You were with me in the OP until this. What does being a victim have to do with supermarket accessibility? Do you ever venture into the hood? The food options are fast food, corner stores / gas stations, and liquor stores.

I live in an affluent area of New Jersey and there are a ton of decently rated supermarkets within 10 minutes of my house - Wegmans, Shop Rite, 2 local markets, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Aldi’s and LDL. I have to drive 20 minutes to find a Popeyes and 25 minutes to find a WalMart. The difference is real my dude.
Yes I have been in the hood before. I am an African American male lol. You may be right tho. I have not been to every hood in America. Some hoods may be much worse than others.

My experience with the hood is that you still have options. I lived in a bad part of Vegas for the better part of a year. I still had okay food choices around me. Hoods usually have goceries like Value Mart ( used to be called Murrays). Heck even 7-11 has healthy options.

Maybe the neighborhoods were not as hood as I thought they were. I grew up in the suburbs so im not an expert on the inner city.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@17 shots + @EyeBRollin
Perhaps you two should get a room?
If you two get any closer, someone's going to get pregnant..

Case in point: As the OP seems to suggest.... After adulthood, we have a choice. You can choose to assume the role of victor or victim.
You can't simultaneously be both.
Yeh I sense the weird tension between 17 shots and EyeBRollin also. I think the are both in agreement. They are saying the same thing. Both of you guys are agreeing that there are actually food deserts and that lack of access to healthy food is a real issue. I can admit that I may be very wrong about the food desert thing. I never grew up/ lived in the most impoverished cities so I don't know.

Black Widow Void summarized what I was trying to communicate. Anyone can make excuses for any behavior. There will always be a way to find an excuse. At some point you have to be an adult and stop making excuses. If you really want to lose weight you can. No one is forcing the donuts in your mouth.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
OP, you shouldn't hv put "Black" or any race for that matter into a discussion topic.

It just creates more of a victim mentality amongst those considered African American.

There's so many fat people around in rich societies that it's a common place now.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you shouldn't hv put "Black" or any race for that matter into a discussion topic.

It just creates more of a victim mentality amongst those considered African American.

There's so many fat people around in rich societies that it's a common place now.
yes you are probably correct. Next time I won't do that

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
yes you are probably correct. Next time I won't do that
Good man.

Here in Sosuave, instead of creating more victims, let's instead cultivate more heroes.

"how we think" is highly critical because it will influence "how we do things".

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh I sense the weird tension between 17 shots and EyeBRollin also
There was a thread made recently before you started this one, where there was some back and forth debate, that dealt with issues touching on race. So it wasn't just what you were saying, it was the timing of it that made me weary of this thread. That other thread involved me, eyebrollin and black widow. That's what that tension was about lol

I personally don't have a problem with you using black in the title or wanting to discuss black women. There have been many threads on here before with black in the title, and I didn't say a word. I only took issue with you saying black people are always playing victim and black women are super victims.

Am I saying there aren't black people who do that? No.. but I dislike sweeping generalizations of any kind on anyone. Sometimes there is merit to what people are voicing complaints about, and if we throw them all into one group and label them crying victims, then we won't ever fix real problems that need addressing