Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being in shape = no more "just friends"

jiggy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I originally was going to put this thread in the general discussions but as I wrote it, I feel that it might be better suited in health and fitness.

Hey DJ'ers......I'm curious as to your feelings on this.

My observation is that being physically in shape has led to women dismissing the "just friends" mentality.

Let me share an element of my background.

A little over ten years ago, I was in middle school. I was in the horrible "ackward" stage. My body was unproportional, my hair was a nappy mess and I paid no attention to my physical appearance. I like to remember those days, it reminds me to stay focused on my current goals! Needless to say, I didn't get many girls. The girls that I liked, would be nice to me, but almost always said the dreaded, "I think of you like a brother" or "we're just friends". The girls I did go out with are not girls that us DJ'ers are worthy of!

In high school, I began hitting the weights. Unfortunately, my focus was more on strength than appearance. This led to me eating like a horse, and while I was getting stronger, my belly was getting larger! Note, the benefit of this regimen was that while I focused on core exercises (Bench, Squats, Deadlifts), my frame began to change. A benefit that has led to broad shoulders, a large chest/ribcage, and the appearance of a smaller wasteline. (I'm ellaborating because I think it might help some young DJ'ers that are hitting the weights now).

After college, I began to lift again as a hobby. This time, solely focused on changing my body image. I've been doing this for almost three years and I'm still amazed at how women react. Just as an example, women at work will ask me to flex for them, or hold my upper arms (shoulders, chest, ass) and even make sexual remarks about my body. DJ'ers, you know that I love the attention, but bare in mind this is an office setting where such behavior is taboo! It's a long way from the "you're my brother" lines I got in my ackward younger days!

DJ'ers, I'm no Calvin Klein model, so I hope you don't take this as post as being conceded. My real intention is to share in hopes that other DJ'ers have experienced this too. I would love to hear about it. I think it's great motivation to keep hitting the weights and it keeps those "lets be friends" comments where they belong!

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True that, but it's all in the confidence shining through.... even on a cold day when im all covered up and you can't see my muscles that well I get the same thing.
You feel more dominant, powerful and confident and it shows... that's attractive to women.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I have noticed the same thing. I'm still a nice guy, a good friend to women, yet since improving my body I have developed sex appeal. The only downside is that I get looked at as a sex object or trophy boyfriend a lot. Not a problem for a lot of guys, but for me it's starting to wear thin.

I think Killing Time is spot on about the confidence. When you look good you feel good and it shows to other people. But on a physical level, carrying extra lbs (especially on the face) can give a man a cuddly and friendly impression.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha. i cleaned up my rooms yesterday and found some letters from the girl that drove me to this website, she basically said that she thinks im cute,fun,good charakter but that she doesn't feel really attracted to me and that she doesn't know why. well i guess she would feel alot different about me now =]

i have the impression that nowadays either women want me to be their lover even if we're only "friends" on the surface or they hate me and i hate them(feminists etc.) =]

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I originally was going to put this thread in the general discussions but as I wrote it, I feel that it might be better suited in health and fitness.
Your first instinct was correct.

Moved to AE...

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Unfortunately, my focus was more on strength than appearance."

And that's a bad thing, how? When I workout, of course I do it to look good, but if I don't get stronger, faster, and tougher after recovering from the workout, it's useless even if it makes me look like Vin Diesel.

jiggy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
"Unfortunately, my focus was more on strength than appearance."

And that's a bad thing, how?
Good point bro, no it's not a bad thing. I should ellaborate further to say that while my focus was on strength, I did gain muscle mass and a LOT of extra fat. I like the added muscle but the fat has got to go! My goal is for appearance, not to be faster/stronger/tougher (although it's a byproduct). I mean, I'm not suiting up for the Raiders next season?

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jiggy
My goal is for appearance, not to be faster/stronger/tougher (although it's a byproduct). I mean, I'm not suiting up for the Raiders next season?
You're one of the few honest people around here. Most people on this board would never admit to working out with appearance being the most important priority. They always do it for themselves so that they can, you know, umm lift heavy things around the house?

But back on topic, I agree that improving your physique reduces your chances of being LJBF'd significantly.

Phrase

Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree.. When I started college I had a girlfriend and I didn't really try to meet women. Then we broke up. I hadn't had alot of practice and everytime I tried I ended up being just a good friend they wanted to drink with or get invites to parties at my fraternity house.. I was also 5'10 and about 240 lbs give or take a couple. I had a big frame already so I decided to start working out.. I got into good shape and was around 200.. and I started pulling ladies. I have to agree that its a comhination of confidence because you know you look good and the way you carry yourself. Also in my opinion women like a man that takes care of himself.. and watches his weight. There are so many that do not so to find one that has personality, confidence, intelligence, and muscles.. they try to catch and keep. They love to try and take you home to mama. I try to work out 4 times week still and haven't had much bad luck thus far.

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm real thin. Weigh about 130. I weighed 120 before I started hitting the gym and eating more ever since September. I've started to notice that more women are looking at me and plus my whole family has noticed the changes too. So I'm getting there I suppose. Just need to get bigger.