Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Become a DJ (not what you think)

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My tip for today can help you in multiple areas which are important for the true Don Juan:

- confidence
- being an "alpha male"
- public speaking
- having a life outside of women
- money
- having fun

My tip: become a DJ.

No, not a Don Juan (well, that too). I mean a REAL DJ... a disc jockey. One of the DJ's that goes around and does parties and weddings, etc.

I have done this on and off for about four years now. It's actually pretty easy to get in, just call around or visit some of the DJ places that do weddings and parties in your area. The job itself isn't that difficult and pays pretty well for the time involved (I make around $100 for a night, when I go, it usually lasts about 5 or 6 hours so that's around $20 an hour -- not bad). The only thing is that most of this stuff is on Friday or Saturday nights. But you don't have to work every weekend night, either.

Let me tell you, it takes a little getting used to, but it's worth it. Weddings are especially great. There are tons of girls, and a lot of them are in that sappy sort of mood where if they're unattached, they're looking for someone. They're all in "romance" mode. Plus, the taps are usually flowing, too. You have plenty of opportunities to get crazy and fun, and people are actually expecting it and wanting it.

Here's the best part -- you don't even have to approach these women... THEY WILL APPROACH YOU, GUARANTEED. I have so much fun while I'm DJing... it's like going to a party and getting paid. Actually, that's exactly what it is. And not only are you having fun, but they're having fun, and they're having fun because of YOU. Watch your social life transform like a caterpillar to a butterfly. Become a DJ - SQUARED.

------------------
CASANOVA

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
Carl Sagan

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he doesn't become a monster."
Friedrich Nietzsche

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great -- where do I get the vast expanse of money for my equipment ?
Where do I learn to dj...
If you can answer those questions i'm jumping on that train.

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Ditto what Syncmaster said. I want to do it. I used to do it at my friends' parties, because I had a mammoth music collection, but I was a total AFC then.

Do I have to buy my own equipment? Is there more to it these days than just spinning discs? What else do I need to know?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by galactus:
Yes. Ditto what Syncmaster said. I want to do it. I used to do it at my friends' parties, because I had a mammoth music collection, but I was a total AFC then.

Do I have to buy my own equipment? Is there more to it these days than just spinning discs? What else do I need to know?
To answer both of you, if you have the money to buy that kind of equipment, you probably don't have trouble meeting girls. lol

I sure didn't have that kind of cash. So I opened up the yellow pages under Disc Jockeys and started calling around or visiting the locations. A lot of times they're looking for help because it requires working on Friday and Saturday nights and a lot of guys don't want to do that. But trust me, it's worth it.

The main skill you'll need is a knowledge of popular music in all genres (not just rap, for example, but also r&b, pop, alternative and even country). It's also very important to have a good personality and you're not super shy. Working as a DJ will help your personality and make you more outgoing, though, I've noticed.

The equipment is as complicated as you want it to be. I started out knowing little to nothing about how to be a DJ. I learned a lot just by doing it. If you know how to run a CD player, you have the essential tools. Then you can start figuring out the cools stuff, like the mixing board, lights, fog, etc. It's not super hard.

Another place to go to get experience is skating rinks and the like. They pay absolutely sh!t, but it's good for experience. It can also be a semi-decent place to meet chicks, but DJing for weddings is the absolute BEST. I have never had hotter, sexier chicks come up and HIT ON ME except when I was DJing for weddings.

So, to recap:

Disc Jockeying

- costs you nothing
- pays pretty decent
- helps your personality
- makes you more outgoing
- makes you an alpha male (any guy who can get grown men and women to flap their arms like a chicken while listening to polka music is an Alpha Male in my book)
- puts you around girls when they're in a sappy, romantic, drunk state of mind
- makes girls hit on YOU instead of vice versa
- lets you have fun
- and on and on

Any other questions, I'll be happy to answer.

------------------
CASANOVA

"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."

"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
Carl Sagan

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he doesn't become a monster."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that becoming a part-time disc jockey changed my success with women probably more than any one single thing I have ever done.

------------------
CASANOVA

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."
Rita Mae Brown

"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'."
Larry Hardiman

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Casanova, this is a very cool tip and one I will seriously consider. Only I live in an area where there are a lot of guys doing this so I'll have to pull some strings to make it work.

How long have you been doing this?

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trickynick:
Casanova, this is a very cool tip and one I will seriously consider. Only I live in an area where there are a lot of guys doing this so I'll have to pull some strings to make it work.

How long have you been doing this?

People are always having parties, getting married, etc. I don't know how competitive it is in your area but breaking in isn't usually terribly hard.

I've been doing this very part time (on and off on weekends) for the past four years. Especially spring and summer, when people really start getting into the whole wedding thing.

I have had girls come up to me and flirt, talk, make all sorts of conversation, touch me, and blatantly hit on me, especially at weddings. These are girls who would probably not give me the time of day in a bar, a club or even in school, but they are all over me at these events. I know most guys hate going to weddings, but let me tell you that it is WORTH IT, even if you're going as a guest, and not as the entertainment.

Weddings are Grand Central for meeting cute, eligible, (and sometimes) desperate women. And here's a fun pointer for anyone who does decide to become a disc jockey for weddings:

When it's time to do the bouquet throw, and the single girls are all gathered together, find the best-looking ones and remember their faces (THEY'RE ALL SINGLE, consider them "candidates"). Then, just before the bride tosses the bouquet (everyone's in a real fun, happy mood, willing to put up with just about anything), point at a few of the girls (a couple of 9-10s, and even a few 6-8's) and say, into the microphone in a very serious, authoritative tone (but with a smile so they don't *know* if you're serious or not), "And after the bouquet toss, I'm going to need to get phone numbers from you, you, you, and you." While pointing at the girls. This will usually at least draw laughs, and often draws a few phone numbers too.

------------------
CASANOVA

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."
Rita Mae Brown

"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'."
Larry Hardiman

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Casanova (edited 02-07-2002).]

stuartSan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those who'd just like to play around without actually going out for the hardware, run a search on PCDJ.

[EDITED]
Heh.. whoops. Wrong icon.

------------------
i'd rather die than give you control

[This message has been edited by stuartSan (edited 02-08-2002).]

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuartSan:
For those who'd just like to play around without actually going out for the hardware, run a search on PCDJ.

[EDITED]
Heh.. whoops. Wrong icon.

PCDJ is cool, but the whole point of this is to go out where actual PEOPLE are. A lot of dates probably won't result from you mixing MP3 files at home.

But it's good practice for the real thing.

------------------
CASANOVA

Rita Mae Brown

Larry Hardiman

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's DJ time of year again... May and June are great months for weddings... proms are going on right now... If you're interested in becoming a disc jockey, now's the time to check into it.

------------------
CASANOVA

"All dating is prostitution. It's just that sometimes you don't get what you pay for."
- Hyde, from 'That 70's Show'

"He's gonna make some lady very happy... and then very, very sad."
- Dale, from 'King of the Hill'

jamesskeith

Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni,

I have tiny ear plugs that are absolutely positively indicernable to the naked eye, even if you look up close and you can still hear the conversation with someone with the loud music with them in. If I get a job helping a DJ out, and I had them in do you see this as a problem? If you are interested in them let me know and I will email information about them to you.

BTW, how young are you and what do you look like?

James Skeith