Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Back Strain

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weirdest most painful feeling this is. I woke up 2 weeks ago and my left middle back was f*cked. It only hurts when I lay down or twist, standing, sitting, walking all fine. I also can't lift anything heavy and pullups set me back in the recovery.

It's been 2 weeks and I'm feeling better but I've read it can take up to 6-7 weeks to heal. I also don't remember what caused the injury so I am assuming a muscle spasm, as the day I woke up with the pain, my whole body hurt, my calves ached. I managed to stretch it all out within 2-3 days. But my back doesn't seem to respond to the stretching, it actually aggravates it. When I am laying down or twisting it feels like someone is stabbing my organs and side with a knife.

I was worried at first it was a slipped/buldged/ruptured disc but the pain is definitely muscular, I feel nothing when I massage or poke it either, but it's getting better each day so I'm not too worried.

I have not been able to work out in 17 days so I have just gone for long walks each day.

Anyone had a back strain/pulled muscle before? I just want this over with.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I had a back surgery years ago. I was still not feeling 100% after the surgery. Found some alternative medicine that helps (a lot), Its called Viagland and I buy it online.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 weeks in and it feels 85% healed - still staying away from any exercise/lifting except walking.

I need to stretch more I think.

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Weirdest most painful feeling this is. I woke up 2 weeks ago and my left middle back was f*cked. It only hurts when I lay down or twist, standing, sitting, walking all fine. I also can't lift anything heavy and pullups set me back in the recovery.

It's been 2 weeks and I'm feeling better but I've read it can take up to 6-7 weeks to heal. I also don't remember what caused the injury so I am assuming a muscle spasm, as the day I woke up with the pain, my whole body hurt, my calves ached. I managed to stretch it all out within 2-3 days. But my back doesn't seem to respond to the stretching, it actually aggravates it. When I am laying down or twisting it feels like someone is stabbing my organs and side with a knife.

I was worried at first it was a slipped/buldged/ruptured disc but the pain is definitely muscular, I feel nothing when I massage or poke it either, but it's getting better each day so I'm not too worried.

I have not been able to work out in 17 days so I have just gone for long walks each day.

Anyone had a back strain/pulled muscle before? I just want this over with.
Hey Murk, sorry to hear this. These things can bring on mild to severe states of depression. As far as the injury goes, I've learned that most of the time it's a gradual worsening of the vertebrae meaning the space was narrowing and slipping while putting heavy loads on it over a period of time. It can be asymptomatic until it's not. Several years ago I injured my back just putting my shoes on. But my Doc pointed out that it likely occurred over the course of several heavy squat sessions. Couple that with no real and meaningful rest and prehab like stretching, mobility movements, ice, and heat and back adjustments. When I started making weekly visits to the Chiropractor along with some of my own mobility and prehab work, I had less and less back issues. I've found Chiropractors are more valuable preventing injury than they are healing injury but that's just me.

Where the injury is concerned, reduce sitting to only when you have to. Stand or lay down. Walking will also help put it back in place. Lay on your back with several pillows under your legs. Ice for 10 minutes then heat for 10 minutes. 40 minutes twice a day. Avoid the position your injury likely occurred in. As an example, do you feel pain in extension or in flexion? If you injured your back by squatting and allowing your back to round, then it got injured in flexion. Do the opposite to assist with healing by doing the cobra stretch where the back is in extension. If you do any stretch that causes pain, then that stretch is making your injury worse. Finally, check out anything "Stuart McGill" on YouTube.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a back surgery years ago. I was still not feeling 100% after the surgery. Found some alternative medicine that helps (a lot), Its called Viagland and I buy it online.
I had 2 herniated discs L4&L5, L5&S1, pain was excruciating, couldn't even fvck cause the mere hip movement was enough to cause pain.

You know what helped? Getting into TRT later into cycles, doing core and lower exercises, since gear helps make muscles quickly, in 3 months I was healed, from doing zero squats to 225lbs for 8 reps.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be tendinitis or muscular, if your using it every day the recovery is gonna be longer than most other muscles