"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

b.day - should i break up?

fillme

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Australia
I am currently doing long distance with this chick (well, I know her from before). And for my bday she sent me a hell load of expensive gifts and what not.

She was supposed to call me up on my b.day at 12:00am and talk to me
for a while. But instead she went out with her friends (one of them
getting married) for shopping but before going out she called me up and
told me she's gonna come back home asap.

Later that night she emailed me and told me that it was getting late so
she stayed at her friend's and will give me a call the next day at 3pm her time as soon as she reaches home.

Then I called her up and told her that I need a time off from her for one week. But she was all begging and pleading that it was not her fault and she would never do this sort of thing again

She further promised me that she would go back home the next day at 7am instead of 3pm and give me a buzz in the morning.

But I called her up at her at 11am the next day and found out that she was still at her friend's. She was like "I am gonna go home in 15 mins and will give you a call".

I know she's gonna come up with another excuse this time around as well. But I just can't keep up keep up with her horse manures anymore.

Some positive things about her:

-Whenever she does something wrong she says that she will make it up to me! Although it sounds like a cliché, I think she genuinely means it.

-She calls me up most of the time (expensive long distance calls) &
really into me.

-She sent me expensive gifts for my b.day.

But then again I just cannot accept this behavior and it really shows
lack of sincerity from her side.

My question is should I break up with her? Should I take time off (say, a week) or something else? Or it's not a big deal?

What would be the best thing to do in this kind of situation.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
According to what you said, it seems like she's pretty into you. I'd give a chance . . .

If you don't give anyone a chance, you would never succeed in a relationship. People make mistakes and just make sure they learn from it. I mean...wouldn't YOU want a second chance? To change? Think about it . . .

Now...questions for YOU!

When she says she'll make it up and is "genuine" as you say, DOES SHE ACTUALLY KEEP HER WORD?

If so, this chick should get another chance. Just make it clear (not threateningly) that you wouldn't do that to her and feel you need mutual respect.

Then go fuk her brains or do something fun:D
 

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Is there another reason to break up with her besides her not calling on time? I don't see that as a good reason to break up, especially since she apologized and has shown goodwill.
 

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
12
Dude, you are clingy as hell. Do you have a life outside of this girl? What's with the designated calling times?
 

fillme

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Australia
This post should revive cause things are getting out of hands.

Here's a recent update:

All I asked her was to let me know where she goes and what time she's gonna come back home mostly b'coz it's long distance and I wanna know where she is.

She said that she would but couldn't keep up her promise.

What happened was that she went to a party (friend's wedding) and gave me a hint that she's gonna stay over. So she didn't call me or mail me that night and the next morning the whole day. I gave her a call the next evening and she was having fun at her frinend's. she told me she'd get back home at 5pm but I waited till 11pm and she didn't get back. This is unusual considering we talk 2-3 times everyday. I prolly have to wait till morn till i hear anything from her (if any!).

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Is this lack of sincerity from her end? I was thinking of having s/th long-term w/ her cuz we have almost everything in common.

But now I am thinking of breaking up w/ her. I know what she's gonna do..she's gonna come up w/ her usual BS like before.

What do you guys think? Is she playing around? Is this hightime I NEXT her?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Beethoven

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Originally posted by fillme
What do you guys think? Is she playing around? Is this hightime I NEXT her?
I think it's high time SHE nexts YOU, to be honest.

You're tracking her every movement! And you're getting more and more paranoid. If I was her, I'd maybe start messing you around with times and places just to show you how much I didn't like being Big Brothered.

Maybe she is cheating on you. She could be. But the way you're acting is making it MORE likely she'll cheat.
 
Top