Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Avoiding Eye Contact...

psilosin

Reaction score
Alright, its been a while since I've come to these forums, as I havent really been searching for a girl for about a year. But recently, I met this very cute and interesting girl through my one new roommate. Now I find myself stuck, and I knew this would be the best place to ask for help.

So, I'll start off with some background **** here, if you want to skip right to the question, just scroll down... I tend to be a little too wordy :p

<intro>
Basically, my new roommate clearly has a crush on me, and so do ALL of her friends. All but one of them are "weird," and I think the fact that I tease them constantly makes them like me more. They constantly do weird ****, and clearly have no clue when it comes to dating (female AFCs I guess you could say).

But the one girl was different. She always kept quiet, never approached me or tried to talk to me. Coincidentally, this was the one cute one out of the bunch.

So my roommate corners me while I'm drunk one night. I cant remember all of the details, but basically I admitted that I dont like her one friend (the one that was clearly the most attracted to me). I was considering telling her I was gay, so they'd all leave me alone, but there was that one cute girl, and I didnt want her to think I was gay.

I admit to being interested in one of her friends. So she starts doing that stupid guessing game, and naming off all of her friends. Naturally, me being drunk, and a horrible liar, she finds out which one it is.

The next day, guess who adds me to her MSN list? I start talking to her, find out we have a lot in common, and she actually seems kinda cool, unlike her friends. So I ask her out, and she accepts.

We end up going to a movie, it was great, we had the theatre to ourselves and had a great time. I used lots of kino, and she responded quite well to it. But I could never get any eye contact. I was planning on walking her home, and going in for the kiss then. Little did I know, she had arranged for her mom to pick us up. So that put an end to that plan. But she tells me she had a great time, and wants to do it again.

So then comes date number two. This time she comes over and we watch movies for like 8 hours straight. I had her talking about herself so much, neither of us knows what happened in any of the 3 movies we watched. Lots of kino, but still, no eye contact.

Now, I didnt want to get the LJBF line again, so I knew I had to go for a kiss. But nothing, she's not ticklish, and she never looks me in the eye. So I go to turn her head towards me, hoping to stare into her beautiful eyes, and kiss her.

But it didnt go that well, when I touched her chin, she was startled and jumped. Then she asks what I was doing. So i asked her, "why wont you look me into the eyes?" She claims she was busy watching the movie, and appologised for ignoring me.

So the date comes to an end, and I still have not kissed her. I've yet to ask her on date #3, as both of us are busy finishing up exams. But I'm sure she wont oblige to it, and I know she's coming to my roommate's party on friday. So I'll see her there.

Now, another thing I should mention, is later on the second date, she was talking about some event (I cant recall what) and it led her to mention that she had to get surgery. I asked what, and she said she used to have a lazy eye. Thats when the little lightbulb goes on over my head. So this is why she doesnt make eye contact.
</intro>

But here's the question, how the **** to I kiss this girl? I'm stumped!

I've only been successful with the tickle fight that leads to make out sessions in teh past. She is not ticklish. She doesnt look me in the eye, except the odd glance here and there.

For any of you who accuse me of one-it-is and tell me to move on... Screw off. I had getting that response whenever I ask a question. I quite like the girl, and I know she likes me too. Surely there's a way to overcome this obstical.

Right now, my only plan is as follows. I'm going to try the same plan of turning her face towards me. As I see it, this can go two ways:

a) It works as initially planned, we stare into each others eyes, and then kiss

b) She gets started again, or something of that sort. Then I ask her how am I ever going to kiss her, if she wont look me in the eyes. Of course I cant predict how she'll react to this, but I'm fairly confident I can lead her into a kiss from there.

So yeah, hence ends my rambling.... Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

fukuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
be a man and go right after what you want. At least by doing that, you wouldnt waste your time typing all this ****.

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omni, and fukuy, no!

guy, u dont need our advice. u already know what u are doing except you focus on it too much. try to relax and maybe let her know that you dont mind that she has a lazy eye (which might explain her avoidance). shes shy...either you be shy too or give her what she wants

psilosin

Reaction score
Well, I think its safe to say I'm shy too.
And I've alread pointed out to her about how beautiful her eyes are (and I truely believe they are). Maybe she'll just need some time to warm up to me.

Reaction score
1. you don't need to look her in the eye for a kiss.

2. I don't know if her looking down is because she is subservient in which case just do it. or due to her problem with her eyes. People with that problem have an eye that rolls off and it makes them look google eyed. She probably has real low self esteem built up in her due to a child hood looking like a goober.

3. If that is the case you need not worry still just go for the kiss. You don't need to rely on the old tickle fight ...dang that takes me back...it was one of my was back when I was shy.

4. I can see that you young. I'm turning 45. I've been where your at. I can understand that when you go for that first kiss it's a never racking experience...but just do it...don't think about it or plan it or you'll mess it up and fumble.

Whenever you feel the urge to kiss her go for it. You have less than the 3 second rule on approaching. Make yourself spontaneous with her. It carries more magic than saying to yourself "ok when I count to 10 I will try it...1 ...2...3..or maybe I better wait another minute"

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
here's what you do: you said something about seeing her at a party later this week or something...

greet her at the door. she'll be looking at you most likely because u'll be face to face in the doorway. tell her "i can't wait any longer." at that point you can either go in and kiss her right then, or wait for her to say "for what?" then you kiss her.

look, basically, you just have to do it. there's no easy way to do it, you just have to make the first big move and see what happens.

good luck!