Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Avoid alpha males or take them on?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I think when new guys stat learning PUA Bro Theory, they are probably better off with the attitude that they should take it all with a grain of salt. Otherwise you get this situation where maybe they know just enough to be dangerous, and you get this silliness about wanting to go around butting heads with other "alphas" when you're actually still wet behind the ears.

This stuff really isn't all black and white, sometimes the hard, sharp corners need to be rounded off a bit for it to be useful. In other words, you need to learn to calibrate your social interactions, as RSD would often say. Some compare PUA rules to training wheels, which can be dispensed with once you learn the proper mindset and philosophy.

On the other hand, sometimes blind belief in this stuff gives some guys the confidence to take action that they've never had the nerve to before. And that's a positive thing, even though I've never been a fan of deluding yourself, for whatever the reason. I think there are ways to take a positive attitude without deluding yourself.
3rd time I've seen you posted PUA Bro Theory and no one else has brought it up.

Care to elaborate what it entails ?

I honestly don't read any of those PUA materials, I've not even finished reading on Rollos hypergamy.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one ever said they were an alpha

This thread was meant to be about how to handle one

One that was particularly annoying

But for some reason many are pretending they've never seen one

Or been intimidated by another human being ever

So who is convincing who of what now? On the anon internetz
If he is annoying and you go do your own things others will follow, you arr surely not the only one who finds him annoying.

However i doubt he is truly alpha, the smallest dog are always the one that barks the loudest.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3rd time I've seen you posted PUA Bro Theory and no one else has brought it up
I didn't make it up, I saw somebody else here saying it and I thought it was funny. So I've been using it. It was quite awhile back, I can't remember who it was, so apologies to them.

As for what it means, I guess it just means regular old PUA Theory, with a little bit of gentle mocking thrown in. I'm not saying PUA Theory is bad, just that it can be taken way too seriously.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't make it up, I saw somebody else here saying it and I thought it was funny. So I've been using it. It was quite awhile back, I can't remember who it was, so apologies to them.

As for what it means, I guess it just means regular old PUA Theory, with a little bit of gentle mocking thrown in. I'm not saying PUA Theory is bad, just that it can be taken way too seriously.
I do admit I've never heard much less read any of the theories being presented here - hence the curiosity.

I'm no fan of PUA tactics, sounds like no-fap with the fanboys gaining superpowers.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If he is annoying and you go do your own things others will follow, you arr surely not the only one who finds him annoying.

However i doubt he is truly alpha, the smallest dog are always the one that barks the loudest.
Would you go out with an annoying man to have a good time ?

And if you continue to do so, what does that say about you ?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would you go out with an annoying man to have a good time ?

And if you continue to do so, what does that say about you ?
Or why other guys tolerate that obnoxious guy?

Either is is not that obnoxious or ......naybe those guys have no friend idk loll

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Or why other guys tolerate that obnoxious guy?

Either is is not that obnoxious or ......naybe those guys have no friend idk loll
Hahaha

When you know what motivates a man, you'll know why he does what he does.

Off to another thread for me, this one is dismissed.

Designer Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most importantly, this is NOT YOUR GROUP.

There's no way you show up for the first time in my group and try to run the show, that would get everyone's back up and thinking you're a d!ckhead who would not get another invite out with us. Don't you have any social savvy at all?

Just play your position. So what if he made the decisions, were they legit good ideas? You're just a co-worker tagging along with a group of actual friends who have chosen to be around each other and have obviously elected this guy as the leader, you have the status of a plum.

An ACTUAL alpha would not make this thread, because they would not expect to be shot calling on on the first time in a new group. You can assert some dominance, push back a little, but bro you felt uncomfortable/awkward because you were intimidated, which is kind of feminine.
This basically.

You went out with people you haven't met yet and in your mind you identified the alpha Male. Nobody else was probably thinking like that and thinking like that will isolate you. How do you know for certain he is the group leader? (If there is even such a thing) it might just be his turn picking the venue. I'm sure everyone gets a say in where to go and what to do.

Go out and have fun, forget all the psychological aspects of a social gathering ha.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bro straight up agree and amplify everything they do and any power trips they pit on you lolol

"alpha" males are actually beta males..

if they try and get you to do things they want just submit and act really small as if youre their slave and oh so weaker with so much lower status and in turn makes them look like such a tool.

throw random girls at them and blatantly say this is my alpha friend and I'm the beta.. point and him "alpha" point at yourself "beta"
lololol

if he's trying to act tough and dominant start yelling omg guys the alpha is here everybody listen this is important everybody alpha make comin threw... hahah

and yeah this stuff I've done in real life and played off right you can really fvck these guys over.

if they get mad and try to fight you it makes them look even more beta
You make some good points but if you take this too far they will kick your ass. You better be careful with all your AMOG bullsh*t, just saying.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This basically.

You went out with people you haven't met yet and in your mind you identified the alpha Male. Nobody else was probably thinking like that and thinking like that will isolate you. How do you know for certain he is the group leader? (If there is even such a thing) it might just be his turn picking the venue. I'm sure everyone gets a say in where to go and what to do.

Go out and have fun, forget all the psychological aspects of a social gathering ha.
I agree.

OP you're the new guy, go in slow. Don't be trying to push folks around. You may even meet some cool guys to hang out with. Feel them out the first couple times you hang out with them.

Obviously you also do not want to be pushed around, but honestly, if you have the right attitude, you won't.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Avoid or take on...why are those the only two options.

When you worry about this you get inside your own head and lose your mojo. There was no reason for the vibe to be awkward.

Obviously don't tolerate disrespect, but accept that you won't vibe with everyone, alpha or beta or whatever. There might be some "alphas" you meet who are very cool, where you'll think, shoot, what can I learn from this guy?

Instead of worrying about fight or flight, focus on you having a good time and accomplishing your goal for the night. If that means being the quiet Beatle (except when talking to girls of course), roll with it.

Personally I avoid groups of more than three men including myself. Three's a crowd.

allancc3

Banned
Reaction score
This guy is mistaking beta's for alpha's. Beta's are constantly in trouble with the law, getting into fights, they lead an unstable, immoral life, and are generally dumb and unreliable. These guys do get laid, but it's because they lack discernment and will fvck anything that moves. Beautiful women are NOT attracted to this type of pond scum.

True alpha's are intelligent, exercise judgement, have strong social skills and are discerning when it comes to long term decision making. They won't cuss out the boss if they are reprimanded. They accept the criticism if it is valid, or if it is not, remain emotionally stable and level headed. After all, they'll be the boss one day themselves.

So what actually happened is that two beta's clashed and one of them got the worst of it and complained on the internet about it.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy is mistaking beta's for alpha's. Beta's are constantly in trouble with the law, getting into fights, they lead an unstable, immoral life, and are generally dumb and unreliable. These guys do get laid, but it's because they lack discernment and will fvck anything that moves. Beautiful women are NOT attracted to this type of pond scum.

True alpha's are intelligent, exercise judgement, have strong social skills and are discerning when it comes to long term decision making. They won't cuss out the boss if they are reprimanded. They accept the criticism if it is valid, or if it is not, remain emotionally stable and level headed. After all, they'll be the boss one day themselves.

So what actually happened is that two beta's clashed and one of them got the worst of it and complained on the internet about it.
Hey man thanks for coming back and taking your time to write all that out

3rd time you been back here like a true alpha and I really appreciate that

If only I had a beautiful wife and stalker half her age but darn it, I'm pond scum :)

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man thanks for coming back and taking your time to write all that out

3rd time you been back here like a true alpha and I really appreciate that

If only I had a beautiful wife and stalker half her age but darn it, I'm pond scum :)
@allancc3 shows all the signs of a banned alt member coming back trolling/insulting/humble bragging

This is obvious because within the first 50 posts they are already insulting members, using words like "alpha/beta" and other betacuckboy* phrases.

The key ingredient is they are not happy at all with their current life/situation.

*irony

allancc3

Banned
Reaction score
Cocaine, it's a helluva drug. You can't undo the damage murk, regardless of how much you troll sosuave.

@Medina, come back to the forum when you can handle the truth.

Last edited: