attemped mugging

Prophett

Don Juan
Reaction score
somewhere in-between where I started and where I a
Ok, excuse the incoherence and sloppiness of the following story-I am pretty upset and not in the best of emotional states.

Yesterday I was leaving my school (and mind you this is one of the most prestigious public high schools in nyc) and this known drug dealer/trouble maker wannabe black indian kid in my school approaches me. Now maybe I'm a little bit to blame based on the fact that I smoke marijuana and have bought from people in the past but never have I solicited from him so using that as an argument against me seems tenuous at best.

Continuing on, he asks if I want to buy weed. I tell him no and he keeps on pressing. Until I finally tell him that I have to go to piano practice(the truth) and I just don't wanna smoke any marijuana. Well, yet even after hearing this, he still can't take no for an ansnwer and starts edging his way into my face. I try and move to the side so I can walk past him but he keeps following me and at the same time inching his way forward, his eyes fixed on my eyes trying to intimidate me(even though he is skinnier than me). He then proceeds to call me a ***** and say I am the biggest ***** in school (poeple say this because in the past people have done **** to me and I didn't fight). He then keeps on asming me If i know who he is. I tell him whatever and try to leave but he pushes up into me and then asks me if I have money to which I respond with a no. He then tells me I am lying and to give him my money and my wallet. I say no.

So I then tell him that I really need to go and am running late and I try and turn around to go in the other direction but he grabs onto my arm and basically says what the hell are you doing don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you. Needless to say, this really pisssed me off and caused me to raise my voice and I called him a piece of **** and told him not to touch me . Which he then replied to with a sucker punch to my jaw. I staggered back and at this time his two big drug dealing cousins who don't even attend our school come out of nowhere and try to hold him back and tell basically tell me to watch it or else I'm gonna get my ass whopped. They also claimed he was drunk but I don't see that as an excuse to rob someone. Now in the process of this he hits me again this time knocking off my glasses and breaking them though I fixed them later on. Now I am a nonviolent person; indiscriminate violence goes against some of my core beliefs which I am not going to get into right now, but basically, I don't fight unless it's life and death. So anways, to make a long story short, I manage to get away although not without hearing him taunt me and say he would rip me apart, beat my ass, etc-his cousins happened to be holding him back so he couldn't lunge at me which it looked like he was itching to do. Now aside from being assaulted, the thing that pisses me off is that my friends, some of whom, are cool with this kid, are not less than 5 feet away when this is all going down and don't do ****t. All they tell me is to leave before I get myass kicked. I'm sorry but that just pisses me off. And then furthermore, they call me a ***** for not fighting when fighting would have entailed the risk of going to jail (I am a senior and actually want to go to college). So the next day, I come into school with the idea of forgetting the whole thing happened. I didn't even want to report it. But then some teachers and security guards who saw the whole thing go down the day before call me in and basically tell me that I have to write me up an account of the incident. When they ask me whether I would like to follow up with it I say no. And they are like ok. Flash forward a couple of hours in school, I am called down to the office and a bunch of cops , real cops , are there and they bascially try to get me to press charges against the kid although I'm sure they were more interested in getting him on drug charges cuz the administration has been trying to get rid of him forevever and they even searched his lockers for drugs that same day but to no avail. I tell them my story and they ask me If I ever seen him sell drugs, and I say no. Then when I tell them I don't want to press charges they basically give me a ****ing speech on how it's the right thing and how he's going to try and mug more people again (which is prolly true-he's been muggign peole many a times). At this point, I'm still hesitant but then my mind jus flashes back to when he tried to rob me and how threatened I felt and so I ask them if there is an alternative to keep him away from me and they say no. So finally, I agree to press the charges. I fill out the form and then they arrest him( only for a day)- his court appearance is later on. Afterwards, mad kids are insulting me and calling me a ***** for pressing charges and not fighting. Now trust me, I am not a *****. I can hold my own. In fact I could get some friends of mine who are ignorant enough to come down and back me up but that might involve firearms and like I said before I don't want any trouble. Another issue is that I have friends that know this kid who say he's vindictive and even though there is a restraining order on my side he'll get his big time drug dealing friends from the bronx to come and **** me up when I least expect it- especially since his family is indian and they disown their kids when they do ****ed up ****. Now I feel like I should just drop the charges (even though he' a piece of **** who deserves to get his ass thrown in jail). As a matter of fact I prolly am-I don't know if this will appease his anger but since I didn't really want to report him in the first place this doesn't seem too bad a option. I know that people will continue to call me a ***** either way but I really don't care I just want to be left alone. I am really just pissed of at my school, the cops, and everyone just about now .

Any suggestions would be great!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
This is a tough situation. If you drop the charges you help enable this guy's criminal behavior. If you don't drop the charges the last bit of school is going to be very unpleasant for you and you might be further victimized. Now, if you were just simply ratting this guy out to be an a$$, then you'd be in the wrong. But this guy committed a felony violent crime against you...and you are 100% justified in pressing charges. If the police were smart and considerate they would have advised you to cooperate but tell you that they would hold off on arresting this kid until after graduation so this didn't interfere with your education. I'm not sure if the cops can let you drop the charges now and then re-file them after you graduate or not. If you can do that, I think that would be your best bet. Do you have siblings that are in that school that this could fall back on?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
you need to defend yourself bro... dont let people disrespect you like that.

What is pressing charges gonna do? he will probably just get a slap on the wrist anyway, not only that but now you will be known as a snitch which is basically just another word for scum, except worse.

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it pisses me off to hear stories like these and how someone's life has to either be temporarily messed up for a while

first off,
now you know that your friends arent your real friends that'll stand up for u

well, for yourself don't take sh*t from anybody because they have no idea what kind of situation this is

the people who insult u at ur school are f***in morons and they probably acted like this before the incident

wow things must be spinning for u, but since ur probably going to college later , this incident wont be that significant

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God that guy has a really bad outlook on life. Where is he going after high school? What is he going to do? You have your whole life ahead of you, and don't get **** like this bring you down. Keep the charges pressed and hopefully he'll spend some time for assualt and drug possesion.

Aside from that, what is wrong with this kid's family? Daddy touched him the wrong way?

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy sheet dood. STand up for yourself. No offense, but its no wonder you are a target. You should have slapped that guy silly.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you got VERY lucky that his buddies tried to hold him back instead of joining in to beat your ass, as thats what usually happens with that kinda crowd. let me guess, you go to brooklyn tech?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
High School tend to be just like prison, all the wannabe criminals, thugs and jocks have the power while students like yourself don't. Teachers are helpless and they don't do jack sh1t.

I believe you are an easy target because you have gotten a reputation of being soft and this let people to push you around. This Indian guy needed some quick cash and since you were a soft target who does not look intimitading and have a reputation of being a non violent, then he pounced on you.

Now the thing I don't like about the cops was that they struck a deal with you, without you being protected. All they cared about is putting this guy in jail and they don't really care about your well being. You are actually in a worse situation then before because now not only are you a soft target but you are also a rat.

It wouldn't really matter now if you press charges or not because the guy is angry already for being arrested, and he will probably let his boys start sh1t with you. Your best bet is go to the cops and tell them that you aint pressing charges until your ass is not covered.

You might have to change school until you graduate to college and then this sh1t won't happen again.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stuyvesant h.s....?

since you've already taken this step, there's no turning back. Regardless if you take off the charges, it wont matter.

just hope that he was too drunk to remember you.

From now on, just be careful around the school and watch yourself.

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Robbery is a felony...
If you do nothing, you're enabling him.

You're essentially saying that what he did was ok and giving him the green light to do it again.
If not to you, to someone else.

Do you want to be victimized again? Why should the next guy be victimized?

Certainly this isn't the first time he's done this and if you do nothing it won't be the last.

mad kids are insulting me and calling me a ***** for pressing charges and not fighting.
3 vs 1 is bad odds unless you carry a trump card.

But then some teachers and security guards who saw the whole thing go down the day before call me in and basically tell me that I have to write me up an account of the incident.
You should be irate!!!!!!!! Seriously, you should have been foaming at the mouth because you were so gottdamm pissed off. They watch someone try to rob you and they do nothing?

"teachers" and "security guards"... both plural... that means it would have been 4 vs 3 at minimum and they did nothing. WTF is that?

It wouldn't really matter now if you press charges or not because the guy is angry already for being arrested, and he will probably let his boys start sh1t with you. Your best bet is go to the cops and tell them that you aint pressing charges until your ass is not covered.
I totally disagree.

Remember this -

For evil men to win, good men need only do nothing.

Bigsnake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stick it out. He's in the wrong and this really sucks that you'll have to put up with this **** but you're a senior... you're almost out of there!

You're also close to being able to conceal carry so some punk ass won't be a problem anymore.

Prophett

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, stuyvesant. Today I went to the dean and asked him why the teachers and security guards who witnessed it didn't do anything and basically told them that if they had gotten involved I wouldn''t be in this mess in the first place. You could tell that the dean had his foot in his mouth.

After the pause he's like yeah your're right I don't know why that happened.. I then told him to go to hell. Then when he told me to rewrite my statement I refused and basically told him that if they want to get this kid for all **** he's done and wanna use me as a ****in pawn they can go to hell and they are on their own. So I am going to drop the charges based on advice given to me by people who know this kid and I am not going to attend any school hearing on him. I have learned a vlauable lesson from this :don't trust anyone and the only person you can depend on is yourself. I am tired of running away from my problems and letting fear dictate my life (whether it be through girls, bullies, etc.). **** it!! If after i drop the charges and have told the kid to leave me alone and he still wants to get even I'll deal with it. One thing though, I ain't going down without a fight!! Let's hope I don't sustain too much damage.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Prophett
Yeah, stuyvesant. Today I went to the dean and asked him why the teachers and security guards who witnessed it didn't do anything and basically told them that if they had gotten involved I wouldn''t be in this mess in the first place. You could tell that the dean had his foot in his mouth.

After the pause he's like yeah your're right I don't know why that happened.. I then told him to go to hell. Then when he told me to rewrite my statement I refused and basically told him that if they want to get this kid for all **** he's done and wanna use me as a ****in pawn they can go to hell and they are on their own. So I am going to drop the charges based on advice given to me by people who know this kid and I am not going to attend any school hearing on him. I have learned a vlauable lesson from this :don't trust anyone and the only person you can depend on is yourself. I am tired of running away from my problems and letting fear dictate my life (whether it be through girls, bullies, etc.). **** it!! If after i drop the charges and have told the kid to leave me alone and he still wants to get even I'll deal with it. One thing though, I ain't going down without a fight!! Let's hope I don't sustain too much damage.
You are a moron.

Prophett

Don Juan
Reaction score
Furthermore, I don't really care what you have to say because it's not my responsibility to punish anyone for being a criminal. I am not ****in batman. I don't give a ****! I just want to be left alone and will do whatever it takes. It's really easy for you to make comments like that when you're not the person whose actually getting affected. So go **** yourself!!

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right that the teachers and security guards should have done something, and you're also right that they shouldn't have used you as a pawn.

But I think you're being hypocritical in saying that you're tired of running away from your problems and stepping down. That's exactly what you're doing by dropping the charges. You already did it, and so you're getting no social benefit from dropping them, so you might as well help to bring the f*cker down. If he sends some goons after you, then go ahead and kick their asses.

And it sounds like you really couldn't have done anything since his cousins stepped in. So I wouldn't call you a p*ssy for that.