Blue Phoenix
Master Don Juan
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2004
- Messages
- 1,335
- Reaction score
- 27
Hey Djs tell me what you think.
If you have a "father" that is in most of the times mocking you, disrespecting you and being inconsiderate, what would you do?
I had this problem. I could almost never say no to him, otherwise he'd become angry and would shout at me. I had to obey to him like a servant, do things the way he wanted and when he wanted. As if I didn't have any choice or "rights" JUST because I'm his "son".
When I did well in college or when I did well in any situation of my life he'd say it was my duty, and nothing more. If I'd failed he'd probably say "I'm ashamed to call you my son" or "you deserved". Sometimes he'd even say "I've pity for you when you mom dies", and so on.
Later he'd complain and say "you're too passive". In fact I knew that BUT it was because of him. He was practically "sabotaging" my self-steem.
It was complicated to me because from one point he was my "father" and I felt like a traitor to be against him, BUT from the other one, I was tired of his BS and wanted to turn the tables.
After a lot of reading on my part I discovered he was the main reason why I've had problems standing up for myselt, as well as having an unstable sense of self. So for the first time I confronted him and told him I was tired of being treated that way and that I'd not accept any BS from him and that he was a bad "father".
From that moment on, I decided to ignore him. I banned him from my world (even though we still live in the same house).
I'm in my "twenties".
Tell me what's your perspective about this issue!
P.S:
Some people may ask "Wtf this has to do with seduction"? It's simple. I believe that the home environment we live is what gives us our basic foundations of self-steem (which is intrinsically related to Djuanism).
The rule of thumb says "take no BS from women", but if you take BS at home, you'll probably take BS outside of it (especially from women).
Mods, I WOULD like that this thread would not be moved!
If you have a "father" that is in most of the times mocking you, disrespecting you and being inconsiderate, what would you do?
I had this problem. I could almost never say no to him, otherwise he'd become angry and would shout at me. I had to obey to him like a servant, do things the way he wanted and when he wanted. As if I didn't have any choice or "rights" JUST because I'm his "son".
When I did well in college or when I did well in any situation of my life he'd say it was my duty, and nothing more. If I'd failed he'd probably say "I'm ashamed to call you my son" or "you deserved". Sometimes he'd even say "I've pity for you when you mom dies", and so on.
Later he'd complain and say "you're too passive". In fact I knew that BUT it was because of him. He was practically "sabotaging" my self-steem.
It was complicated to me because from one point he was my "father" and I felt like a traitor to be against him, BUT from the other one, I was tired of his BS and wanted to turn the tables.
After a lot of reading on my part I discovered he was the main reason why I've had problems standing up for myselt, as well as having an unstable sense of self. So for the first time I confronted him and told him I was tired of being treated that way and that I'd not accept any BS from him and that he was a bad "father".
From that moment on, I decided to ignore him. I banned him from my world (even though we still live in the same house).
I'm in my "twenties".
Tell me what's your perspective about this issue!
P.S:
Some people may ask "Wtf this has to do with seduction"? It's simple. I believe that the home environment we live is what gives us our basic foundations of self-steem (which is intrinsically related to Djuanism).
The rule of thumb says "take no BS from women", but if you take BS at home, you'll probably take BS outside of it (especially from women).
Mods, I WOULD like that this thread would not be moved!
Last edited: