"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Asking out a girl, who you can offer nothing to

Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Situation.

23, going on a 1 year dry spell, "nice guy" tag.

I work with a girl I like, and over the last week or so we've had long hours together. We've been paired up together doing odd jobs and whatnot and have been hitting it off pretty well. She's only been there a couple of months, and we haven't talked much untill this week.

Also...she comes from money, her dad's some kind of big shot lawyer, so she's been very well taken care of her entire life. But she doesn't seem stuck up.

I however, work a job that doesn't pay much, live in a crappy apartment (with the parents, mainly taking care of them though), and I don't even drive. So I don't have much going for me right now.

I have a couple of days off and the plan is to ask her out when I get back. I almost did today but backed off at the last second. BUT, unlike before with any other girl I wasn't a nervous wreck getting ready to do it, but I got called away at the last second and it just didn't happen.

So, even if I do ask her out...what do I have to offer really? We seem to get along well enough and everything, but with no car and a light wallet (which she isn't used to) where do I go from here?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Don't fall into the "I don't think I am worthy enough" mindset.

It is VERY dangerous... get out of it.

I think what you have to offer, is yourself. What else do you really need? Money, nice car?

If a girl (that I wanted to pursue a LTR with) was more interested in my money/car then me... then next.

However, if I was interested in a ONS, that would be different.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Don't worry about the money, it's you that you want her to be attracted to right?

From what it sounds like, she's already showed some interest in you, and she should be able to tell by now that you're not the richest kid around. So obviously it's you that she likes.

Just take her to a nice, small restraunt, even if it's not the most exspensive place around.

As for the car, I would see if you can borrow one from a friend. (I have the same problem, it's a pain). After the 1st date or so, she might even offer to take hers in which case go for it. That way she'll have something invested into the relationship as well, so you won't be the only one forking out the money/effort.

I mean with a girl like that, I would offer to pay for the dates but don't hold to that to stronly if she happens to offer to pay every once in a while. ;)
 

comote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
854
Reaction score
2
Forget her, your a big loser compared to her.











That's the thinking you're setting yourself up for. If you don't know what you can offer her than you really will have nothing to offer her.

You offer her fun, good times, your company whatever.
There will always be guys that can offer her more than you can so if that is something that you think about you will always be insecure about it.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

quest

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
0
comote u beat me to it..

rich daddy's girls still need to have fun..
99% of guys are going to be too scared to approach her because they are intimidated by her. u can be part of the 99%, or the 1% which says, screw what she's got, i like her, i have fun with her, and she has fun with me.
money doesnt buy you fun. well, if ur a fun person, i'm sure it'd help! but if ur boring, ur boring with or without money.
 

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
The guys have stated good advice..here's my opinion.

Above money, above looks, above many of the things that may or may not be going for you..women will ALWAYS be attracted to a man that believes in what he is doing..and has confidence in his life.

THE KEY HERE IS THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GENUINE AMBITION ABOUT YOUR LIFE.

Having the "I don't have anything going attitude" is counterproductive. It sounds like a trite expression...but...never look at the glass half empty.

There IS something that attracts this girl to you...and I'll bet my bottom dollar is that she see's an ambition in you she doesn't see in many "well off guys".

I've met my share of spoiled brats growing up and going through college. They think life is supposed to be handed to them. Like they've earned a good lfe without trying. These guys are boring..and maybe she see's in you what she doesn't see in them.

Its a reverse attraction. Maybe the kind of guy her dad would hate her going out with....but...accentuate the positive.

Stop with the self defeating attitude. There will be always guys with more money, nicer cars, fatter wallets...thats all good.

I could be a prick and tell you how to have her start buying you things, flip the script, and pimp her for presents and gifts. But, i think I'll leave that for someone else.

Just be confident and true to yourself. There are tons of "cheap" or inexpensive date alternatives that she maybe happy with.

Picknicks
Movienight at home
Walks (beach, parks, hikes)

Be creative...do a search..there are tons of ideas posted on this site in the past.
 

Walden

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
5
Location
New Zealand
Youre coming from a bad place cos you think of her as the prize. When youre in a position that you as the bad boy alphamale type can offer her adventure , and wild monkey sex then you can be the prize.
 
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
45
I fully intend to ask Tuesday, I figured the couple days would give me a chance to find the best words and psych myself up for it. I've had girlfriends and been in good relationships before, but the asking always seems to hardest to me.

But unlike other times I don't feel like I'm trying to get myself out of it. I've always been the shy quiet guy who would think about asking out a girl and then backing off. I'm actually regretting not doing it sooner.

And I'm not thinking the "I'm unworthy" thing. I think I maybe was just setting myself up for an excuse if it didn't happen...I dunno. I think I', just giving it too much thought.

And when I said I don't drive, I meant that in the truest way possible...I never got my license.
 

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2001
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
28
I don't think that you should do it. Not because you aren't good enough for her but because you are not confident. If you aren't confident, there is no way you can be successful asking this girl out. Go out with some girls you feel confident about for practice and then make your move.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Dang, and all this time I've been getting by with just personality. I guess I need to get a job to make a boat load of money. Then I'll be able to date women who are only impressed by my assets, right?
 
Top