Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are Dating Apps not just a waste of time?

TheProspect

Reaction score
But here is the issue I have with a lot of people. They ASSUME the default state of "I can't compete" BEFORE they even TRY to compete. They adopt a loser mindset which then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy their subconscious mind is determined to make happen.

Additionally a lot people think they have put in the work but have they really? The majority of people simply give up when the going gets tough. That's the truth. Not just with women but with most things in life in general.

To your point, I consider myself a 6. I'm not in great shape anymore. I have a very solid base tho so even with some extra weight I still look muscular just bulky. I kill it on OLD. Had some issues about 4 or 5 months ago when I started back on it due to being a little overly sexual on first dates. Have toned it down and relaxed some and basically have had pretty much every woman I went out with wanting to see me again. According to the majority of people here I shouldn't be doing this well due to all the options women have, but I am. I date anywhere from 6.5-7.5 with an occasional 6 and 8 thrown in.

But it wasn't always like that...it took me a lot of dates and a lot of bad experiences to get to the point I am at...you cannot expect to become good at something without failing first. That's just how things work. It gets irritating to see the people who are unwilling to put in any work, effort or change due to self-introspection keep saying something doesn't work when they haven't done anything to get to a point where they should expect it to work. They message 5 women and get no dates and claim it doesn't work. It's comical.
Men who don’t put in the work obviously limit themselves. I’m not contending that.

My point, and the point I think others here are making, is that even after putting in the work and developing a growth mindset, the odds are still statistically against men in OLD who are not in the top tier.

Assuming you are killing it, any one OLD experience is still anecdotal, and subject to the circumstances they find themselves in (location, population, etc). So an individuals personal experiences and approach of OLD cannot be universally applied across the board.

There are men who’ve put in the work and are still struggling due to external factors that are out of their control.

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hes in New York. Its the same story every time from the pro OLD crowd. Guru, EyeB, Naughty Ninja, Amante. In New York, OLD is like shooting fish in a barrel. They want so badly for their experiences to be applicable to the rest of us, and for us to marvel at their superior "Online Game" or such nonsense lol.
Pretty much this, I can drive to New York be sitting at 99+ within 1 night on my phone. This applies for most metro areas in US and Europe. You put me out in the middle of nowhere and maybe I'm pushing 10 that I will even consider rural OLD is a different story.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much this, I can drive to New York be sitting at 99+ within 1 night on my phone. This applies for most metro areas in US and Europe. You put me out in the middle of nowhere and maybe I'm pushing 10 that I will even consider rural OLD is a different story.

So OLD in New York is good? It was terrible in Miami.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On what planet does dating -----single moms----- from ----online dating---- justify this sort of egoistic, Tony Robbins ranting? Wtf.

Those of us that say no to OLD always recommend real tangible self improvement, not "getting professional pictures" or some inane nonsense lol.
Professional pictures yield results for OLD. It’s foolish to suggest otherwise. Don’t knock it until you try it.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is, when interest is high, you can do no wrong, but when it's not, your problems are an eventuality, not just something you can put off.

Personally, without having a gauge on her interest, I can't make any moves in good conscience and neither should you.

Its funny, because alot of guys on here talk about game without realizing that they don't actually have game and women are just opening doors for them... Big difference between having game and being able to do no wrong because of attraction... The attraction fades and these dudes single all over again, don't take the advice you get on here too literally, most of it is nonsense, just search for high interest and be manipulative, just summed up 90% of ideas on SS sadly.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I am a 7 in real life and a 6 in pictures (Which is a normie)

Hence I did say 6-7. It depends on the girl. I am certainly not 8+/10 which would put me in the top 20% you are talking about.

I know what you are thinking. How can he be finding it that frustrating if he is a 7/10. Yeah, no I am a 6/10 in pictures but a 7/10 irl. Sure though I understand why you think decent looking guys can't speak in this manner.
How do you rate yourself @OnYourTerms ? I'm not trying to be a smartass, just generally curious! I have gotten back on the dating apps after a 7 year hiatus and I am wondering how I stack up against the competition based solely off my pictures alone haha.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of dudes banging cankles and then come back here and say they are slaying lots of "baddies" and sh!t.