Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone wanna become a monk?

Sowatchasayin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to admit, these forums have been informative and amusing. However, the painful truth is that it is extremely difficult to break out of the ranks. I do not understand the protocol of the "game," nor do I see how it results in successful relationships. If anything, I see an endless chain of serial relationships for those who can play well and long dry spells for those less fortunate. It's easier to declare oneself a "virgin" and learn a few monotone chants. in other words, it's time to throw in the towel and become a monk. One can beat a dead horse for only so long. So, in the long run, it is better to cut one's losses and embark on a new journey to discover meaning and self-fulfillment even if it must be done alone. What are your thoughts? Anyone ever thought of becoming a monk?

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but I wanna keep all my hair for as long as possible. Besides, all that chanting would get monotonous and those brown robes don't really do anything for me...

Reaction score
dude why do you want to become a monk . have you had to many rejections or some thing . liven up my man and give it a nother try.

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This forum is becoming full of people who give up far too easily, who don't pay attention to success stories. I am a success story in progress!

You will become what you want to be, and if you don't, you never "wanted to be" very much at all in the first place.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so you are saying its easier to deal with celibacy, never feeling love from a woman, sex, basic human needs...just because you dont feel like playing the game? or being rejected?

The_King

Don Juan
Reaction score
This sort of post frustates me....

People can achieve many things if they really want to...

You should not give up on achieving your goals...

Why the Fvck be a monk ...you can achieve self improvement etc through hard work and perservance

As they say

"Rome was not built in a day"

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i would become a monk

Toke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm... I've often thought it'd be cool to be one of those monks that learn Kung Fu, like the Shoa-lin.

If I was training 24/7 I think women would be the last thing on my mind. Usually while I'm at my Karate class the last thing I'm thinking of is chicks. It's usually more along the lines of "One more kick and my leg is gonna fall off."

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that the post was serious- in fact, this is where the age difference really shines on this site, but every dud has an accidental explosion:
You will become what you want to be, and if you don't, you never "wanted to be" very much at all in the first place.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand your frustrations; don't give up

I've been in and out of relationships my whole life, not married and am in grad school changing careers. Lots of transitions in my life when I should be settled down. I've often used the line, "I'm gonna become a monk" in a humorous fashion to ease up my frustrations.

It's tough out there, real tough. Women today are much different from my mom's day, who was looking for a nice guy with a solid job, and she found him and have been married for decades.

Today women say one thing, do another; say they want commitment and gravitate towards the most uncommitted guys possible. It's strange, strange behavior.

The key is finding the stable, nice, kind, warm, professional, and ethical women. They are out there, and the only way to have them gravitate toward you is to be this way yourself.

Work out at the gym, focused only on yourself while smiling and being nice to people and women will smile back. If you're in school, approach women in class about study projects, leave romance out of it, and build from there. Ask them questions, compliment them, tease them, throw THEM off now and then. Be mysterious, yet nice; be friendly and playful but not a pushover.

Use the techniques which fit YOU, not all on this board fit each person's personality. Most importantly, don't surrender your self-esteem and self-worth to another person. Be happy for who you are whether you're in a relationship or not and you'll succeed in life and love.

Don't become a monk and don't give up!

Labayu

Banned
Reaction score
Actually yes… but not for another 50 or so years {23 now}.

When I see pensioners living scared in rough areas because its all they can afford, and they are having to live on really cheap food with no real friends and their spouse has died.

I hope I’ll have enough money, but if I was in a position of being unmarried/ widowed/ divorced, 60ish+, crap home, **** area and no money then I’ve always said I would.

The trick is to become a monk in a nice area, being a Christian monk {church has more money = better grounds, location etc}, and brew beer all day! {not to mention being a teacher to catholic schoolgirls :D }

leoncour

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As it goes it that one Weezer song:

"If you want it, you can have it - but you've got to learn to reach out there and grab it"

When the time comes you will make the effort to find and persue what you want, and this not only goes with women but everything else in life.

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'd become a freakin' monk